Tuesday, June 9, 2015

T is for Tuesday

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) My son Kyle.  He is a life saver pretty much all the time and I love him for it.

2) My friends who encourage me and lift me up every time I see them.

Goals for the Week:

1) Get my house back in order, slowly but surely!!.  It's looking like a cyclone hit it right now.  Yikes!  I hate it when it gets like this, but that's what happens when I let my creative side stick around for too long.  

2) Paint, Paint and more Painting!!!  

3)  Stay away from those Facebook Groups for a while.  I have an addiction.  I know it!  I own it!  AND now I have to get it under control!  I'm trying...

4)  Finish placing my order for flowers Monday. - DONE!!!!  Woot!  Woot!

5) Pick up flowers - Thursday is the pick up day!!

6) Get Kevin to the lab for his pre-op testing, and to doctor for EKG. - need to call for an appointment.

7)  Fill out paperwork for Kevin and our attorney.  Disability stuff...arg! - this needs to get done tonight

8)  Write Curtis a letter - tonight, hopefully

9)  Mail a package for Curtis

10)  Check the balance on the checking account for Curtis, his "extra" money could be wiped out and I wouldn't even know it.  I wish I could check it like I do my own personal account, but I'm not linked to this account the same way and I forget to check it sometimes.  Another Arg!  

From the Camera:

This is as far as I have got with my headboard project.  I bought another piece the other day, that still needs to be painted.  Hopefully I can get that done today or tomorrow so I can hang it.  It's coming along, but I'm anxious to have it done!!!
More to come.....

From the Heart:

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
Laughter makes everything better. Having a sense of humor lightens your burdens, connects you to others, inspires hopefulness and offers a new perspective.
If you can find something to laugh about, life can't be all bad. You should laugh often; you will find things don't seem as bleak as they did before, and you will find yourself surrounded by people who enjoy this positive vibe.

Benefits:

There are multiple health benefits to laughing often: it lowers your stress hormones, relaxes your muscles, decreases pain among many other things. There are social benefits, too! People want to be around happy people. Chances are if you laugh often, you will attract people to yourself. Everyone will want to be your friend! Laughter helps build community.

Step It Up:

Encourage other people to laugh with you. Tell more jokes, and don't take yourself too seriously. Be willing to laugh at yourself when you make a mistake. And be willing to let others laugh with you! Forward funny emails on to friends and family.

Keep It Simple:

Having a hard time finding something to laugh about? Pop in your favorite comedy or find a funny clip on Youtube or Hulu from your favorite show. Once you start laughing you'll find it hard to stop!
From the Kitchen:

From the Spirit:

From the Schmidt's:

I don't know what my problem is, but I have been so tired lately.  I came home from work yesterday and was out by 5:30 p.m. and didn't wake up until 8:30 p.m.  Talk about a nap!  Then I was back in bed by 10:30 p.m. too.  This morning I woke up and was still super tired.  I think it's the weather causing my issues.  100 degree weather takes it out of you for sure this weekend and yesterday.  Today it's cloudy and we are expecting rain.  

Tomorrow is my last day of work for this week.  
I have a wedding I am helping out with.  Thursday I pick up the flowers, the wedding is Friday, and the reception is Saturday.  
I'm excited for the fresh flowers.  I can't wait!  

I still need to paint the piece going on the bridal bouquet, and the bench they are borrowing.  I think I'm gonna go get some spray paint.  The bench is pretty much done, but there are a couple places I can't reach.  Maybe I just need a different brush.  I'll have to pull it into the house and paint it inside over a tarp or something with the pending rain.  It will be easier to do it that way anyway.  Lot's to do.  I also need to find all the other things they will be borrowing.  I have a garland to make, I found a blue, white lace and burlap garland I made they may want to borrow too.  Fun Fun!

Kyle will be testing this week for the police department.   He is starting to get a cold too.  Not good.  BUT, he is still going to do it.  Go Kyle!

Kevin is sleeping A LOT lately!  Hurting a lot too.
The doctor raised the strength on his medicine in preparation for his surgery this month.  He is at the absolute highest dose the doctor can ever prescribe right now.  Yet, it doesn't touch the pain right now.  It's not good.  I so hope this surgery fixes things for him.  We are hoping by the end of next month Kevin will be a new man!  Kevin is determined to get back to some kind of work.  It's killing him to think about going on permanent disability.  In fact, it's been a sore spot of conversation especially these past few days because we have to meet a deadline to get forms filled out and back to them.  Talk about frustrating.  The money would certainly come in handy to help our financial situation, but it would still be months down the road.  Then, if Kevin did get back to work, the problem could be solved in the matter of a few weeks.  Then I worry about how long Kevin will be able to work, if he can.  How long before we are just right back where we started?  This kind of stuff could drive me nuts, if I let it.  

I got a nice compliment today from our director.  I had a couple questions for her about the time I will need to take when Kevin has his surgery.  I was concerned about getting enough time scheduled off when Kevin has surgery.  I told her I was concerned about missing too much.  She let me know she appreciated me being up front about what is going on, and she then complimented me.  She said I was a very hard worker and this was the reason I received the added responsibility recently.  That made my day!
I also received a  few really nice written compliments from clients over the past two weeks.  That reminds me, I need to send thank you notes to them.  THEN, if this wasn't enough, I got a call from one of our clients coming to me to get help because she knew I would be able to help and would get to the bottom of the problem in no time at all.  That made me feel good too.  All in all, these past couple of weeks have been awesome! 

Lexi turns 16 in about 15 days.  Can you believe that?  My baby will be old enough to date.  Where does the time go?  It's killing me to think about it too.  My oldest child is 26, soon to be 27, and my youngest is 16. (the boys in the middle are 25 and 19, Curtis turns 20 in September)  Wowza!

What do you get for a girl turning 16?  Do you have a big party for her and all of her friends, or do you by her a big gift?  AND then if you go with the big gift, what would it be?  We certainly won't be buying her a car.  That would be nice, but that just isn't going to happen.  Not this year at least.   We've been busy trying to get her room updated little by little, and I wanted to finish it all, but Lexi doesn't want that stuff for her birthday.  She wants other things, but she can't seem to tell me what that is.  So, we are still trying to figure out what to do or get her.  Decisions, decisions.

Lexi did manage to get me to start watching this show she has been interested in.  Now I can't stop watching.  I seem to get caught up in these series and can't stop until they are done.  No, I won't tell you what the series is.  I'm still in shock myself.  Enough about that.

Lot's to do!  I should go.  Painting, organizing, and collecting are all in store for me tonight, and anyone else I can manager to convince to help me.  That should keep me busy until it's time for bed.  Take care my friends.  We will talk again later.  
I can't wait to share photos of the bridal bouquet, after the wedding, of course.  The bride always gets first bragging rights, after all, it's her day.

From the Missionary:

Here is what we have from our missionary today...
This was his Facebook post.

Hey everybody! Right now I am a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints here in New York City. I am posting right now to tell you that while I use Facebook on my mission it is only for the purpose to share the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are interested in talking about the gospel, please message me! If you would like to chat or just talk please do not message me on Facebook. But I would love to hear from you via email at curtis.schmidt@myldsmail.net. I will be sharing posts about gospel topics once in a while. Please feel free to respond and add your comments! Thanks you!

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...