Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sunday, Fun Day!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  Those every day miracles I fail to recognize and take for granted every day.  

2)  My parents.  I am so grateful they allowed me to make my own choices growing up, but were there to kick me in the butt when they knew I was making bad choices.  Sometimes that didn't stop me from making the wrong choice, but they always let me know when I was not on the right track.  Their words through those rough times come to mind some days when I am dealing with my own kids now and I am able to realize more and more just how right my parents were and are.  I love you Mom and Dad.  (My parents will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary this month!!!  Congratulations.)

Goals for the Day, I mean WEEK!:

1) Get my house back in order.  It's looking like a cyclone hit it right now.  Yikes!  I hate it when it gets like this, but that's what happens when I let my creative side stick around for too long.  

2) Paint, Paint and more Painting!!!

3)  Stay away from those Facebook Groups for a while.  I have an addiction.  I know it!  I own it!  AND now I have to get it under control!

4)  Finish placing my order for flowers Monday.

5) Pick up flowers

6) Get Kevin to the lab for his pre-op testing.

7)  Fill out paperwork for Kevin and our attorney.  Disability stuff...arg!

8)  Write Curtis a letter

9)  Mail a package for Curtis

10)  Check the balance on the checking account for Curtis, his "extra" money could be wiped out and I wouldn't even know it.  I wish I could check it like I do my own personal account, but I'm not linked to this account the same way and I forget to check it sometimes.  Another Arg!  

From the Camera:


My oldest baby girl, all grown up now. When she was two she would insist on doing everything herself.  She would say to me, 
"No Mommy, I do it!"  She was independent then and she is independent today too, but look at what she has achieved!
Love this girlie of mine, and my littlest girlie too.
And a couple young men too.
Our greatest blessings call us
Mom and Dad for sure!

From the Heart:

One of the most expensive parts of going to college can be purchasing the required textbooks needed for classes. Often one class will require multiple reading materials, and that adds up quickly when you are taking four or five classes.
Sometimes you can get away with borrowing the books from the library, but if your class is big then the one or two copies of the book that the library does have are going to be in high demand. Why not make it easier for a friend or classmate and offer them your old textbook for free? Or if you don't know anybody in need of it, donate it to the library.

Benefits:

You are helping a friend or classmate to both save money and be better prepared for class.

Step It Up:

If the person you gave the textbook to is having difficulty in the class, offer to tutor them to help them better understand the material. Or you could start a program among your friends, working together to find free textbooks for those in need. Maybe even start looking outside your group of friends or campus; there are a number of international college students who need textbooks, too.

Keep It Simple:

If you think you will need the textbook back in the future, just lend it to a friend for a semester. Or you could split the cost of a textbook with a classmate and share it for the duration of the class.
From the Kichen:

DUTCH FUNNEL CAKES
3 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat (for an electric frying pan preheat to 375 degrees). Leave room between the oil and the top of the pan to allow room for batter to be added. Beat eggs, add milk and sugar. Beat well. In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder. Add to egg and milk mixture. Beat until batter is smooth. Batter should be thin enough to flow through the opening of your funnel. If needed, add a little more milk.
Put your finger over the bottom of the funnel and pour batter in top. Drizzle batter in hot oil making criss crosses and swirls. (I use a measuring cup with a thin spout to do this, easier for those of us less coordinated!). Let brown on bottom and then carefully flip it over with tongs to brown on the other side.
Place on a paper towel to drain for a minute or so and then serve warm with molasses, jelly or sprinkle with powdered sugar.

From the Spirit:

Our first priority should go to spiritual learning.  For us, reading the scriptures would come before reading history books.  Prayer would come before memorizing those Spanish verbs.  A temple recommend would be worth more than standing first in our graduating class.  But it is also clear that spiritual learning would not replace our drive for secular learning.  
- Henry B. Eyring, "Real-Life Education," Ensign, April 2009


From the Schmidt's:

Lexi came home from Girls Camp yesterday around 2 p.m.
We brought her stuff home, had lunch, and then she came with me to run to a couple dollar stores in the area.  I was looking for little United States flags for a bucket I sat outside for decoration.  I've decided to go simple with the 4th of July decorations.  
I did this with my wreath for the front door....

BUT!!!!  I absolutely LOVE this heart shaped Grapevine wreath.
I searched high and low for one too, but couldn't find one anywhere.  I'm hoping when I stop to the wholesale flower shop they have one for a reasonable price.  If they do, I will be getting one for my door.  I love this simplicity of both of these, but I love the heart represented with the American flag too.  It's very symbolic, don't you think???  Love it!


Then the week of 4th of July I will pull out all my other Red, White, and Blue decorations.  My flower garlands, my flower arrangement I use to hang on my door, and then on the 4th I will line the path to our front door with American Flags too.  Fun Fun!  I wish I could afford yards and yards of bunting, but let's not get out of control here.  LOL!

Today was a good day in Sacrament.  The spirit was strong and sweep as everyone got up to bear their testimonies.  It surprised me, but we had a lot of youth speak today and only two of them were Young Women.  My neighbor bore his testimony too.  He came up trying to be cool and the you could tell he was touched as he talked about his big brother serving a mission.  (also one of our son's good friends)  I almost broke down as Tyson spoke, and then thanked his parents for putting up with him.  He is a good kid.  We love him.  He always has a witty sense of humor and makes us all smile, but today he about made us all break down, in a good way.
~smile~smile~

Kevin didn't make it to church with me today.  He has been hurting and seems to be getting an upper respiratory infection or something.  He sounds awful!  His surgery is scheduled for the end of this month and they don't want to give him anything.  BUT, if he doesn't get better his surgery date will get pushed back even further.  He is not a happy camper right now.  With the weather changing his back hurts and now with this stuff he is not good.  
We will see what happens.  I can always tell when he is hurting.  He gets super nit picky and sometimes even mean.  Yesterday he was like that and I didn't back down.  I should of.  I know better then to give it right back to him.  He can't help being in pain, and I certainly have no idea just how much pain he endures every single day.  I feel bad for doing that.  I just hope he understands and will forgive me.  I love that man.  He can drive me bonkers sometimes, but I wouldn't trade him for anything.  

I picked up my living room this afternoon.  I have all kinds of things stacked up by my front window.  Clutter!  I hate it, but eventually I will get it all out of here.  I'm collecting things for a reason.  Hopefully I will be able to share what that reason is soon, but not yet.  

Lexi is taking an online class right now.  She missed a  full week last week while she was away at Girls Camp.  Today she is trying to play catch up.  Hopefully she can get all caught up in a couple of days.  She has one more class she wants to take this summer right after this one.  Then she will be ready to return to Public School life next fall.  While this online thing has really helped her get caught up and learn more, she misses her friends.  Not to mention Seminary too.  I just hope she can get up in the mornings again.  It's been an entire semester of no early morning wake up calls.  It was nice.  She turns 16 in a few days too.  Look out!  So, this year should be interesting.  She can go to all the dances this year.  She pointed that out to me the other day.  I thought that was funny coming from a girl who really didn't care about any of that stuff a few months ago.  Funny how that all changes once you are able to date.  We wouldn't let her date until she turned 16.  That's pretty much the standard age for all LDS teens.  16 is the another big milestone in a teenagers life.  I'm excited to see what this new school year will bring for Lexi.  

Well, I have some things to get done, and a couple errands to run too.  Talk to you soon.  Take care my friends.

From the Missionary:

Nothing new today from the Curtis.  More next week, I'm sure.

Quote of the Day:


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...