Wednesday, June 17, 2015

LIfe is Good!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) My children.  They do so much for me.

2) My husband too.  He helps me too.

Goals for the Day:

1) get through this work day and the drive to and from without getting a speeding ticket.  
2) Dinner - Lexi requested grill cheese sandwiches.  
3) Try to stay away from the cookies at work - I'm on a diet people! 
4) Stay away from the popcorn at home -  Kyle went to the movies today and brought home a HUGE bucket of popcorn.  Yikes! My favorite snack food.
5) Drink all 8 bottles of water today!  
6) Write my blog post
7) Pay a bill
8) Work on my craft project
9) Laundry
10) Clean dining room table

From the Camera:

This is from the Mission Blog from our son's Mission President.  Look who was included in those photos.  Take a look.....

From the Heart:

Here is another act of kindness idea....

Sometimes we all need a little encouragement! Especially athletes during a difficult practice or challenging game. Whether you are on the field with them or sitting the bench make an effort to cheer your teammates on. Tell them they are doing a great job! Encourage them and motivate them to try their best and applaud them when they do.

Benefits:

Cheering on your teammates makes your team stronger. Everyone needs to feel like a vital part of the team in order for a team to compete at its best.

Step It Up:

Make an effort to say something encouraging to every single one of your teammates. Throughout the season be sure to cheer on all your teammates. Thank your coaches and your captains, but also be sure to encourage those on your team who maybe don't play as much, or who are a little more quiet than the others. Sometimes those who are less confident will blossom right in front of you if you simply give them encouragement and praise. Also remember that cheering on a teammate doesn't have to be verbal! You can give a high-five or even a big smile and applause. If you really wanted to drive this idea home, you could organize a "secret Santa" type of activity where everyone chooses a teammate's name out of a hat and commits to encourage that one person throughout the season.

Keep It Simple:

At the end of every game or practice, simply let one person know they did a great job. Make sure and cheer on a different teammate each time!

From the Kitchen:

From the Spirit:

How We Should Judge Ourselves (Hunter)

“It has always struck me as being sad that those among us who would not think of reprimanding our neighbor, much less a total stranger, for mistakes that have been made or weaknesses that might be evident, will nevertheless be cruel and unforgiving to themselves.  When the scriptures say to judge righteously, that means with fairness and compassion and charity.  That’s how we must judge ourselves.  We need to be patient and forgiving of ourselves, just as we must be patient and forgiving of ourselves.
“. . . God is usually more willing to forgive us than we are willing to forgive ourselves.  It may not surprise you to know that God loves us more than we love ourselves.  We are his creation, spirit children of a celestial birth, and we stand in the image of him whom we rightly call our Father.  We ought never to be destructive in our criticism of others, but perhaps our greatest caution needs to be regarding the tendency to be destructive in the criticism we apply to ourselves”  (The Teachings of Howard W. Hunter, p. 34-35).
From the Schmidt's:

Let's have some fun with a few random questions....
1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns? 
No, I have not spent any time in the great outdoors other than just going from here to there and back from there to here.  And, no, there are no plans to enjoy the great outdoors.  It's too HOT here!  We are under a heat advisory until Monday of next week.  We might go swimming, but that's gonna be it for the so called great outdoors for this girl for a while.  


2. What's a current hot button issue for you? 

Obama Care or the boarder issues.  I'm tired of hearing about it.  

3. What's a food or treat that 'disappears like hotcakes' in your house?

Ice cream, cookies, or chips.  Needless to say, we don't keep them in the house simply because we can't.  They disappear as quickly as we get them.  For me, it's popcorn. 

  4. How hot is too hot? 
Well, if we're talking about temperatures anything above 80 is too hot.  Here in Arizona we have experienced 122 degrees in the past.  Not good.  I use to prefer the warmer weather, but not anymore.. I prefer the fall or spring time weather.  Now, if we're talking about hot seasoning for food, well, you just about cannot get it too hot for me.  Love, love spicy hot food!


5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you? 

Hummm......I'm thinking I do, to me it means that each new day brings new perspectives and new challenges and we need to meet them "head on." ~sometimes not an easy task~


6. What's one question you'd like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father? 

I am blessed to still have my Dad and we have some wonderful conversations.  Almost every time I learn something new about his childhood, his 50 years spent married to my Mom, or his time in the Air Force.  They are definitely treasured conversations.


7. Something you learned from your father? 

I've learned so much from my Dad that it's hard to narrow it down to just one thing.  One thing that I seem to remember a lot lately is how to plan a budget and things to remember.  I remember sitting down together right after I bought my first car and opened my first checking account.  I hope some of those things have trickled over to my children too.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I almost got pulled over for speeding on my way to work this morning!  Yikes!!!  I was going almost 10 miles over the speed limit and the bike cop clocked me.  I could see him in his rear view mirror jump on his motorcycle and take off after me as soon as I speed past him.  He was coming for me, and I knew it, and was gearing up for it.  I made sure my driver's license was out of my wallet, and took mental note of where my registration and car insurance could be found.  I was set to pull over, miss my little stop at Quik Trip, and hurry on to work after he ticketed me.  BUT, somehow, someway I managed to drive off the freeway at my normal point without him coming after me.  I don't know what happened.  I guess you could say, someone was watching over me, because I certainly should have been pulled over.  I even slowed down after he clocked me.  So, I'm sure if I drive the same direction tomorrow this cop is going to be on the look out for me for sure!  I'm thinking I need to take a different route to work for a while.  What do you think?  I'm sure if he gets the chance again to "get me" he won't be too easy on me since he didn't "get me" today.  Yikes!  I have to say, this whole week has been odd.  The excessive heat here in the valley has been weird, then there are a few things that happened Monday and Tuesday that made me stop and think, "how odd!"  I'm hoping this is the end of all the madness, as I cross my fingers, toes, and whatever other body part I can cross.  LOL!  
That's it tonight.  Short and sweet.  Life is good!

Take care my friends, talk to you soon.


From the Missionary:

Hey Everyone!!!

Sees like you are all doing well.  The Bronx is pretty much the same.  Nothing much has really happened this week.  We are getting calls this Saturday saying who's getting transferred where. It's crazy how fast this cycle went by.  I keep getting a feeling like I might get transferred somewhere else, but that could just be my own thoughts.  Last P-day was pretty cool.  We walked around Manhattan and saw Ground Zero and some other cool things.  I spent a lot of this week with other missionaries because we had to do some splits because my companion is District Leader.  It was pretty fun going with all those other missionaries.  How are you all doing?  I'm sorry this letter is so short.  I just feel like this week was pretty slow and not much has happened.  Anyways, I will try to write a better email next week.

Love,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Quote of the Day:



 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...