Saturday, June 20, 2015

Happy Birthday Kevin!!!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Friday afternoons when it's finally quitting time.

2) Saturday mornings when I finally get the chance to sleep in!  Love it!!!

Goals for the Day:

1) Wish my hubby Happy Birthday.
2) Kyle's gym is putting on a demonstration today of Olympic style lifting.  Maybe go check that out.  
3) pick up prescriptions.  
4) pick up supplies at the grocery store to make Caramels and Cranberry Bars.
7) wrap the Caramels
8) pick up tags and packaging
9) clean up Carmel and cranberry bar dishes
10) dinner - something special, if Kevin is up for it.  Big IF, he hasn't been well without his mess for 6 days due to an insurance requirement.  Arg!!!  Happy Birthday Honey!  
11) hang out with Danielle, Lexi, and Kyle, and the Birthday boy too, that is if he isn't crashed out in bed sleeping now that he finally has his medication.  Yikes! (looks like no Stake Conference for us tonight and possibly not tomorrow either.)
12) Paint!  That's right, I'm painting my project piece again.  I decided to go white and get rid of the off white.  It blended into the wall too much.  White will pop more.


From the Camera:

Remember my bathroom sign?  

When I came home the other day I found it like this...


When I asked my family who had been messing with my little people, all fingers pointed to my husband.  When told him to stop messin' with my people he laughed and said, that he just wanted me to know what he wanted me to do to him to help get rid of his pain.  Poor guy!  Who can get frustrated with him then?  Only 6 more days and then it's surgery time!  Hang in there Honey.


From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, here is another kindness idea...

f you’ve ever stepped on a LEGO that was left on the floor, or tripped over a Barbie doll, you know how something as simple as putting away a toy can make a big difference.
So make it easier for those around you by putting things away when you are finished using them.

Benefits

Picking up after yourself can keep someone from tripping over something you left on the floor. Putting things away after you use them, toys, CDs or games will also likely help you avoid the confrontations you may have with your parents if you just left them laying around. Next time you pick up your toys without being asked to by your parents, they are certainly going to be impressed!

Step It Up

Pick up your toys and other belongings as soon as you are through using them, every time! If you’re at a friend’s house, be sure to put away things you have played with, or even help your friends pick up the toys they have played with. Parents can help their kids with clean-up by providing adequate space and storage that will make putting away toys an easier task.

Keep It Simple

If you forget to pick up your toys when you are through with using them, make sure you at least pick them up when your parents ask you to. Or at school, put away your toys and games when your teacher asks you to.
From the Kitchen:

2 cups sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder
Combine oats, vanilla and nuts and set aside.
Over medium low heat, combine sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add butter, stir until melted. Quickly add oat mixture and stir until well mixed.
Drop by spoonful onto wax paper; let cool 2 hours to set.

From the Spirit:

Getting our Bearings Straight

I think the challenge for all of us--but perhaps particularly for young adults--is to try not to look sideways to see how others are viewing our lives but to look up to see how Heavenly Father sees us.  He doesn't look on the outward appearance but on the heart (see 1 Samuel 16:7).  And He knows, better than anyone else, what each one of us needs. 
-Carl B. Cook, "Look Up", Liahona, January. 2012

From the Schmidt's:

Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband!  He teases me all the time and practically has my children convinced that I'm older than him too, even though he was born before me.  Today my husband celebrates his 49th birthday.  One year away from the big 5-0!!  
I love this man for all that he is and even for everything he is not. (Think about it, and you will understand what I mean by that statement).  He has been a blessing in my life from the moment I met him, and has continued to be all throughout our lives together.  He is ornery, stubborn and sometimes tells it like it is when I don't want to hear it.  At the same time he is also my best friend, brings me joy, makes me laugh, makes me do double takes, is most likely to do something silly at a moments notice,he is my confidant, my world, my rock, my example, and my forever eternal companion.  I love him more than I can express with my words.  I wish him a year full of the things his heart desires.  Happy Birthday, Honey!!!
The photos of Kevin in nothing but a diaper, his mother's high heels and her nylons OR the photos of Kevin at the age of 6 or 7 checking himself out in the mirror in his new suit, as well as the many others that shall remain nameless, have been removed from this post to protect his family.  They are too harmful to our ego.  LOL!  ~smile~smile~..........BUT, you can ask to see them later.  They are well worth the wait!!!  (Love you Honey!!)

From the Missionary:

The Manhattan Temple.
This building also serves as a church building as well.
This is the place Curtis plays "Temple Ball".  (basketball)
Not like any of the Temples we have here in Arizona, that's for sure, but I'm sure it's just as beautiful and peaceful.
I love to see Temples, don't you?

Quote of the Day:

I love this quote!  It reminds me how incredibly blessed my life is and just how fortunate I am.  What a blessing it is to live in a free country for all the things I take for granted each and every day because I live here in America.  For the knowledge I have of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ, and the comfort that knowledge brings each and every single day.  For my wonderful husband and my sweet family.  Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect, my husband is not perfect, and I do not pretend to have perfect children.  We all make mistakes, we all have our moments.  A wise sister-in-law once told me, "You can't live with someone and be on your best behavior 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  It's physically impossible."  She was right.  You can't.  But, even so, when we have our rough patches we all help each other out, and that is what family is all about.  I feel like the riches woman alive, and I this quote reminds of that when those rough moments come.  Enough said.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...