Tuesday, June 23, 2015

And we are just getting started

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The way I was raised and the choices I have made in my life. 

 Yesterday I was talking to someone I just met recently about a situation she was dealing with involving her brother.  Apparently this friend had just received a text that her brother was involved in a car accident and was air lifted to a local hospital in another state.  After talking with this new friend, she began to share the rest of the story.  Apparently, her brother had been running from law enforcement at the time of the accident and has caused a lot of undue worry and stress for his entire family.  My heart goes out to my friend and her family and I hope the brother gets the care he needs too, but this situation makes me thankful that I was taught at an early age what was right and wrong AND about peer pressure and the influence your friends can have and how important it is to choose your friends wisely.

2) Cellphones!  What a blessing it is to be able to communicate with family and friends at any time.

Goals for the Day:

1) Work
2) Dinner
3) Clean
4) maybe paint ???
5) watch Pretty Little Liars - Lexi started watching this and got me watching, next thing I know Kevin was watching it too.  
6) get things ready for work tomorrow
7) get to bed early - before midnight would be great!

From the Camera:

I can see clearly now....
This is how I felt this morning on my way to work.  I just couldn't open my eyes.  

From the Heart:

Did you know there are many children in your community without homes, whose families can't afford to buy them toys?
Think of how much you enjoy your toys and try to imagine what it would be like to not even have the comfort of a home. You can make a difference in the lives of others by organizing a teddy bear drive or just donating some of your own toys to kids that don't have any.

Step it Up

Have an adult help you organize a teddy bear drive at your school. Ask each of your classmates to bring a stuffed animal to donate to needy kids in your community. Find an local organization or shelter that will help you by distributing the toys to homeless children.

Keep It Simple

Give one of your stuffed animals or toys to a friend or neighbor child who doesn't have as many toys as you.

From the Kitchen:


then serve with a scoop of ice-cream, hot fudge or chocolate sauce, whipped cream, nuts, chocolate chops, and a cherry, of course.  Yum!

From the Spirit:

"There is nothing in all the world that is of more value than so to order our lives that those who know us best shall love us; and, above all, the one thing that is greater value than life itself is to so live that God loves us.  And I can say to you that every man, woman, and child that has lived the gospel of Jesus Christ and continues to do so has the love of God Almighty, our Father in Heaven and of His Son Jesus Christ, our Redeemer."  (Heber J. grant, Gospel Standards, p. 102)
From the Schmidt's:

This has been another one of those days when I come in grab a snack and sit down and fall right to sleep.  This time I drifted off to sleep around 5 p.m. and didn't wake up until 9:30 p.m.  My poor kids!  For dinner they were left to fend for themselves.  Am I a bad mother?  Yikes!  It's got to be the heat because I never get this tired usually.  It was 112 degrees today.  Talk about hot!
I immediately started a big load of laundry as soon as I woke up.  At this rate, that new laundry thing may never get started.  

Since it's so late, here are the highlights of the day...

1) Work was crazy!  Tuesdays always are.  We had one person out sick too, and that always makes a big difference.

2) I got a big project completed at work which, as my boss said, got me a little exposure with the other groups I work with on a daily basis.

3) Received a big kudos from another group I work with today for something completely different and some big compliments from my boss as well....that was even better then the kudos!  I am on a role!  Since my previous boss left the company I have received 3 big kudos from various groups.  It is humbling and wonderful all at the same time.  Thank you!

4) Lexi turns the big 16 tomorrow!  My baby is officially old enough to date as of tomorrow.  Speaking of dating.  She was asked out on a date this weekend and without hesitation she told the young men standing at our front door that she could not go because she doesn't turn 16 for another three days.  She wasn't upset about it, in fact she sounded quite proud that she was doing what she felt was right.  LOVE IT!
 When I told my husband about this, he was reminded of a similar situation that came up with our oldest daughter just before her 16th birthday.  She was asked to the Homecoming Dance and she was trying to convince her father to let her go since it was only a few days just before her 16th birthday.  That Sunday night there was a youth fireside and she was discussing the situation with a couple of the other mothers that also attended the Standards Night for the Stake Youth.  The mothers were trying to convince Kevin to let her go and he would not back down.  That night one of the speakers stood up and talked about that very thing and told the youth that even if they get asked to date just before they turn 16 to turn it down.  After the fireside those mothers came up to Danielle and Kevin and told our daughter that their father was right and to NOT go on that date.  She didn't go on that date, and even though she wasn't excited to turn down the offer, she knows it was the right decision and I am proud of both of my daughters.

5) Since tomorrow is Lexi's birthday, she plans to spend some time with her best friend doing something fun.  She doesn't want a big party, or a large present, just some time spend doing something fun with her friend.  She also plans to wake up early to go hiking with some other friends too.  Then mutual later tomorrow night.  Somewhere in there we plan to have cake too.  Happy Birthday girlie.

6) I got a text from Kevin this morning around 10 a.m. telling me that we had lost power.  We use M-Power for our electric and all day yesterday I had asked everyone in the house if they had heard the box beep telling us to add more time to the card.  Last night I had intended to check the box before I went to bed but I got sidetracked and never got the chance.  Of course we loose power in the middle of the day when the car is with me in Phoenix on one of the hottest days of the summer so far.  So, Kyle rode his long board to Val Vista and Southern to add time to the card.  Needless to say, he came home wiped out from the heat and never made it to the Temple as he had originally planned when I got home from work.  BUT, thank you Kyle for being here.  I don't know what we would have done if he wasn't here to help with this one.  I know Kevin could not have dealt with that on his own and I know he would have tried to if Kyle wouldn't have been here.  (I have visions of Kevin trying to walk to Val Vista and Southern with his walker in this heat....YIKES!!!)

8) My two older children received two very nice compliments this weekend.  Danielle said her bishop was talking to her and asked about her little brother, Kyle.  You see, some time ago Kyle use to date this bishop's daughter and the bishop really liked Kyle, and apparently so did the daughter.  Well, the Bishop told Danielle that if she was related to Kyle that she must be just as awesome as he is.  Then on another occasion the girl Kyle was dating came up to Danielle and essentially said the exact same thing to Danielle.  I thought that was pretty cool and I think both Danielle and Kyle needed to hear this.  Kyle tends to be the quiet type that leads by example.  He isn't in your face about his beliefs or views on anything.  BUT, because he is more the type to lead by example I think some people have that confused for not caring sometimes.  That is certainly not the case.  It's just not in his nature to be any other way.  He is an awesome kid!  All of our kids are awesome and as our bishop's wife once said about her own children when bearing her testimony and I fully agree...."Our kids are not perfect, but they are perfect for us!"  I couldn't agree more.  

That about sums it up.  We have a lot to do over the next few days.
Lexi's big birthday.  Kevin blessing on Thursday and getting things ready for his surgery on Friday.  Please keep my husband in your prayers.  He could use them.  

Take care my friends and we will talk soon.  Hope you have a wonderful day.  
From the Missionary:
Photos of Elder Curtis Schmidt's last P-day

Ground Zero in New York and the surrounding areas and
the Statue of Liberty
Displaying image1.JPG

Displaying image2.JPG

Displaying image3.JPG
Displaying image4.JPG

Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...