Friday, May 15, 2015

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Honey Crisp Apples!  I absolutely LOVE them.  They are much tastier than say a red delicious apple, and they hit the spot when I need something tasty and sweet while I am on this diet.  AND apples are approved on my diet too.  Love that!  If you haven't tried a Honey Crisp Apple you should give them a try.  They are so good!

2) The talents I have been given and the talents I am developing.  
Goals for the Day:
1) Get through this work day
2) Clean my house
3) Weed the front yard
4) Paint Patio furniture, plant stands, and window white.
5) make dinner
6) watch Scandal on Hulu
7) laundry
From the Camera:

I've been busy again.  I picked up this window yesterday afternoon.
I plan to make a sign with it.
I'm painting the frame white.
Then getting some vinyl for the words of my sign.
I'm not sure I know exactly what I want it to say yet.
It will come though.....

Maybe just a last name or an initial.


Then today I picked these up.  They are really big and really nice.
They take up my entire back seat of my car.  They are awesome!  
I can't wait to use them.  

Then I found these super cheap too.  
They light up!  Love it!

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, here is another idea.....

Next time you make dinner for your family, make it extra special by keeping it healthy. We tend to get so busy in life that we think we don't have time to make a healthy meal; instead we think that it is easier to stop on the way home and grab something, or to throw some snacks together at home. However this is just not true!
There are a number of healthy frozen meals out there for the truly time-starved. Eating healthy does require a little bit of planning, but the benefits are worth it!

Benefits:

Eating healthy helps you maintain a healthy weight, which can help lower the risks of illnesses like heart disease or diabetes. When you eat healthy you have more energy, feel stronger and boosting your immune system.

Step It Up:

Make healthy meals regularly! Plan your week of dinners out before you go to the grocery store and buy only those groceries that you need. When you have the food on hand it is a lot easier to cook healthy meals. If you have to run to the store when you are starving chances are you will come home with the first thing that looks tasty, not necessarily something healthy. Make it a habit to pack healthy lunches and snacks for you and your kids.

Keep It Simple:

Even if you are just too busy to cook a big dinner, there are many healthy options for you! There are a number of frozen entrees available now at the supermarket. Or grab a rotisserie chicken and some frozen vegetables. Sometimes even just a simple healthy sandwich will do! Most foods are fine in moderation. Enjoy everything, just enjoy it in smaller portions. You could also cook a big meal on the weekends (or whenever your schedule allows for free time) and pack it for lunches throughout the week.

From the Kitchen:

Earthquake Cake

4 cups confectioners’ sugar
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Chips
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of one 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
2. Layer coconut and pecans in the bottom of pan.
3. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions and pour over pecans and coconut.
4. Combine cream cheese, butter or margarine, vanilla and confectioner’s sugar and beat until smooth. Pour over cake mix.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or more - check it to make sure the bottom part is cooked with the toothpick test - so the toothpick does not have gooey cake on it from the bottom
Sprinkle a handful of chocolate chips on top to the hot cake after you remove it from the oven

From the Spirit:

Elder Russell M. Nelson on motherhood: 
“During my professional career as a doctor of medicine, I was occasionally asked why I chose to do that difficult work. I responded with my opinion that the highest and noblest work in this life is that of a mother. Since that option was not available to me, I thought that caring for the sick might come close. I tried to care for my patients as compassionately and competently as Mother cared for me.
From the Schmidt's:

Oh my gosh!  What a week!  
Just when I think things are going one way, something completely out of the blue happens.
I kind of got a promotion at work today.  That's right!  A promotion.  Shortly after I got into work I called over to discuss said promotion with my supervisor.  As the day went on we talked about various aspects of the new role.  The whole thing took place in less then 10 minutes.  As soon as I found out I was in shock!  Total shock to quite frank.  I still am.

The first thing I did was call Kevin to share the news and because I was a little freaked out by all the news.  He of course was awesome as I expected him to be.  

As the day went by, it sank in a little more and I was back to normal again.  Then right before everyone left for the day I received an email from my Supervisor and the Director thanking me for taking on this new role and complementing me on my abilities to fulfill my new role.  That completely blew me away.

Then all of a sudden the Director appeared in our team area.  
She way as friendly as ever.  It was great.

Then right before she left I got another email.
This one was just from her thanking me again for taking on
the new role and explaining why they felt I was a good fit for this new role.  Talk about a crazy day!

So, I will continue to do what I already do, along with this new role.  Which I have done before when I took over for the person who handled the role I am taking on.  We all took turns handling this role.  I never dreamed I would get this opportunity.
Surprise!  Surprise!

I think the thing that really means more then the new role are the emails I received from management today.  Those are priceless to me, and I am humbled by their kind words.

I told Kevin when I talked to him this morning that I was going to need to get to the Temple.  I want to go to the only place on earth there is, to offer me the best circumstances to receive inspiration from my Heavenly Father regarding this new role.  Only he will be able to walk me through all of this.

Did I tell you that a friend asked me to help decorate at her wedding reception in June.  Well, I met with her and her mother last night.  They pretty much have everything they need.  She also asked me to do her bridal bouquet in fresh flowers.  She isn't picky about flowers, just colors.  She wants a lot of white, peach and blue.  They gave me some color swatches, and showed me the general layout they were thinking of, and ran through a lot of things they have all ready to use.  I gave them some little tips and we will meet up again in about a week after the bride comes back from being out of town.  In the meantime she is taking pictures of all the things they have, and I will be calling the wholesale florist I know to work out flowers we will need.  Plus making a quick trip to Hobby Lobby to look for a couple things too.  

The bride's grandmother will be making all the other bridal party flowers.  Some friends will be making all the floral centerpieces.  I just have the bridal bouquets.  Now that I think about it, the bride is going to need two.  One for the day of the wedding and another for the day of the reception.  OR room in someones refrigerator for the bouquet after the wedding, so it stays fresh until the reception.  Now that I think about it.  I will need to take two days off of work too.  One to get her bridal bouquet ready and to her in time for her at the Temple.  The second for decorating at the reception.  I am so glad I thought of that before I ordered flowers.  The only thing that could possibly get in the way of these plans would be Kevin's surgery.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

I mentioned the other day that I have been dieting.  Well, this diet has really been great.  I am down 25 pounds since I started this a week and a half ago.  That is totally amazing to me.  I still cannot believe it myself.  The one thing I really like is how my clothes feel.  I just hope I can stick it out and continue to drop.  I am totally excited though!

Tomorrow we have a busy day in front of us. 
Lexi has a Birthday Party for a friend.  Then, she has a meeting for Young Women's.  During that same time, Kyle has a State weight lifting competition to get to.  We all plan to attend, including his older sister and his girlfriend.  Then after that Danielle, Lexi, and I will be going to the movies together.  Woot! Woot!
Somewhere in there I need to find time to pick up my tray I had someone make for me.  I wanted it for my coffee table.  I also have a sign to pick up too.  I'll post a few pictures after I pick them up.  

I also want to weed the front yard and paint my patio furniture too.
I have a plan for them and cushions to put on them too.  I just need to get them painted!  Then I plan to work on my window too.  I need some vinyl, but first I need to decide what I want to put on the window before I even think about vinyl.  I'm planning on hanging the window outside I think.  

Kevin and I also picked up a new bed.  We needed a bigger bed.  We moved up to a king size.  We found a great deal too.  It was super cheap.  (You know me....well, this time it wasn't me working the deal, it was Kevin.)  We got the mattress, box spring, and bed frame for the price of just the mattress.  Great deal, right??  That will be delivered next week.  So, now to move the beds around.  We plan to give our old bed to Lexi.  We wanted to give it to Kyle, but he says he is just fine with the bed he has.  Don't tell anyone, but my plan is to surprise Lexi with a completely redecorated bedroom sometime soon.  She is way overdue for a change too.  I cannot wait for all of the changes.  I'll have to share photos as we get things changed around and decorated.

Lots to think about, lots to plan for, and lots to do.

Have you been listening to the news lately?  WOW! 
First, the train derailment in Pennsylvania.  I talked to someone who lives and works right near the area in Pennsylvania and she said it is a complete mess.  She said they are saying everything should be back to on track and ready for passengers again as early as next week.  Can you see yourself trusting those trains again?  I don't know if I could.  Yikes.....Then the verdict in the Boston Marathon Bomber Trial.  Can you believe he was sentenced to death by lethal injection?  I couldn't believe it, especially in Massachusetts.  Then did you hear about that mother that left her children in the car while she went to a job interview, her in Phoenix, ended up getting 18 years of probation!!!  Can you believe that?  18 years!!!  That one shocked me, I do admit.  I thought she would get probation, but not 18 years.  Can you imagine?  WOW!

Crazy world we live in, isn't it?
Well, I sincerely hope your world has been absolutely wonderful this week.  Take care my friends, and we will talk again soon.

From the Missionary:

Hey Everyone!!!

I just got our of transfer meeting.  It was awesome.  My companion, Elder Holtom is pretty cool.  I think we will get along well.  I'm excited to take my area over.  It's kinda scary because I don't know as much as Elder Sorenson did.  I mean, it's only my 2nd cycle in the mission.  I think that it will all go well though.  I can really see that my companion is awesome at working with people.  I know that this transfer was inspired.  I could feel it as soon as I met my new companion.  I'm so excited to get to work and start tracting and contacting.  This week was so much fun.  We met a ton of members who are moving, and helped them take care of some stuff.  But, I'm sorry this letter is short.  I will try to send more next time.  We are really busy and we still need to go shopping.  Oh, but, Matta's hot sauce would be nice, but not necessary.  And if you do maybe the habanero sauce.  I don't know.
Anything will be accepted, of course.

Love you,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...