Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tuesday! It's not so bad after all.

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) I caught a lovely cold.  I know, yuck!  I am grateful this cold has not been as bad as other colds I have had in the past.  That indeed is a huge blessing!  AND thank goodness for Advil Cold and Sinus.  That stuff has saved me more than once.  I don't know what I would do without it.  It's well worth the price.  

2) Upcoming three day weekends!  Love that!

Goals for the Day:

1) Get through the day, at work, with this lovely cold
2) Take a nap when I get home from work, if the family will let me.
3) Drink lots of water!!!!  (stay hydrated)
4) Rest
5) Rest
6) Rest
7) Get ready to do it all over again tomorrow.
~smile~smile~

From the Camera:

Do you know what this is?
A king size mattress, king size box spring, and a king size bed frame.  All for the reduced price of just a mattress, and the mattress was on sale too.  Love it!  I can't wait to try this out.  We needed a bigger bed.   It was long overdue.  No more couch for me.  Remember I gave up the bed for Kevin and his back.  He didn't need me tossing and turning trying to get comfortable on the other bed we have.  Now Lexi will get a bigger bed too.  She is excited.  I guess I know what I will be doing this weekend.  Moving furniture.  Fun Fun!  It's all good.



Now to figure out what to do about a headboard.  I found these beautiful iron gates but I couldn't see spending $250.00 on two gates.  So, I have been trying to come up with other ideas.  I have a few ideas I am throwing around.  In fact, I think I have come up with an awesome idea, for only $40.00.  Not a bad price, right?   More to come on that.....

I bought new sheets, but haven't decided on a bedspread, comforter, or duvet yet.  I think I like the quilt idea.  But, I need to pick colors.  I'll do the big "reveal" once I get everything together.  I can't wait to show you!  

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea.....


In most of our lives, there are at least a couple people who we see on a daily basis, but don’t necessarily acknowledge because they have become so much a part of our everyday routines.
It might be the person who drives your bus every day, or someone who serves you at the coffee shop you frequent. And what about your mail carrier who braves all kinds of weather to make sure you get your mail? We don’t always stop to think about how important these people actually are to us. So when you get the chance, give these people the recognition they deserve!

Benefits

Those who serve us in our daily lives are often forgotten about or taken for granted. Being kind to a stranger you see every day could be the start of a wonderful friendship!

Step It Up

Celebrate “Thank a Mail Carrier Day” on February 4th and leave a homemade treat and a card for your mail carrier as a token of your appreciation. Another way to show your gratitude is by greeting them with a hot chocolate when it’s snowing, or offering them a water bottle on a hot day. And don’t forget to shovel your walk for your mail carrier when it snows!

Keep It Simple

Just a simple “Thank you” and a smile when you receive your mail will make your mail carrier’s day!
From the Kitchen:


No Bake Oatmeal Fudge Cookies

3 cups rolled oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts(optional)
1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder
Combine oats, vanilla and nuts and set aside.
Over medium low heat, combine sugar, cocoa and evaporated milk; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add butter, stir until melted. Quickly add oat mixture and stir until well mixed.
Drop by spoonful onto wax paper; let cool 2 hours to set.

From the Spirit:


Trust The Lord
Put thy Faith in the Lord
and You will see,
Thy wondrous plan that
He's made for You & Me.
He knows Your "pain"
He knows your “needs”,
He's walked the road
to Gethsemane.
Life is a struggle for all of us
But that's the Plan He has
made for us.
This life is a test
for each & everyone,
And to prove to Him
We should embrace His Son.
There's nothing to fear
But FEAR itself,
Because FAITH is the key
To live through ETERNITY.
Dawnette Clyde
From the Schmidt's:

Today in 10 short sentences

1) Today wasn't as rough as I thought it would be with being sick and starting my new role at work.  Yay!

2) I'm excited to help Leanna with her wedding flowers and wedding reception.  She is a very sweet girl.  It will be fun.  That reminds me, I need to order the flowers.  

3) I witnessed a rollover on the freeway today.  I hope and pray everyone made it out of the mini van okay.  It was interesting watching people drive by the scene.  Normally everyone slows down just to look and then speeds away.  Not for this one.  This time everyone slowed down and did not speed up when they saw the car where it landing on it's side up against the wall of the freeway.  Sad it takes something like that to encourage people to be a little more careful.

4) After getting off the freeway there were delays on the surface streets for 3 other accidents.  Today must be accident day or something.

5) Friday is Kyle's 25th birthday.  Looks like we will have to work around his schedule to have cake and ice-cream.  He is going out with his girlfriend on Friday and then going to her high school class reunion this weekend.  We don't mind that he will be busy.  We can celebrate anytime.  Besides, this way we can surprise him a little.  

6) Lexi will be turning 16 next month!!!  WOW!  I can't believe it.  We need to come up with something special for her.  What to do?

7) Kevin still hasn't heard from the surgeon about scheduling his surgery yet.  This has been dragging on for a while now.  Enough all ready.  Let's get this done.  My fear is it will get scheduled during the time of the wedding.  Yikes!

8) I need to buy some more white spray paint.  I have a bistro table and chairs, a patio set, a cart, a sewing table, and a bench to paint white.  I'm always painting something.  I paint so much, my Dad even gave me some paint samples he had collecting dust he didn't want anymore.  He thought I could surely put them to good use.  He was right.  AND, oh yeah, I have a tray to paint too.

9) Why does my nose always turn bright red whenever I get a runny nose with a cold?  It's so frustrating!  And it hurts too.  

10)  I haven't been doing so well on my diet these past 3 days.  I had popcorn and some candy at the movies, then Sunday & Monday I had too much protein, then today I had bread.  What can I say, I'm sick.  I haven't gained back any of the weight...thank goodness.  I'm down 25 pounds.  I just need to get back on track again.  

From the Missionary:

Nothing today, later in the week.

Quote of the Day:



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...