Sunday, May 17, 2015

Time to Recover from my Weekend!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The timing of things.  What a blessing!  Today has been a crazy day.  I came home right after Sacrament meeting so Kyle could get to church.  While Kyle was gone we had an issue with a pipe (or should I say hose) leak.  This has been an issue for  couple days now.  Thank goodness I spotted the leak when I did.  AND thank goodness for Kevin and Kyle, who have been working on this for the past couple of days.  Today when Kevin checked it again it was completely blown.  So, up in the attic Kevin went.  That's right!  Kevin!  I know, I know!  He has no business up on a ladder, much less in the attic with his back, but he insisted.  

Just after Kevin was up in the attic, Kyle called to tell us the front driver's side tire was completely flat.  He said he pulled into the parking lot at church and down it went.  He went to Sacrament Meeting and afterwards went out to try and change the tire.  Thank goodness he found a T-shirt in the car to put on over his Sunday clothes.  Then, after Kyle called, Lexi text me to say she was  having a hard time too.  She said the kids in her Sunday School class were really rude to her teacher and would talk over her.  She was so frustrated she asked me if we could move.  It was quite an afternoon!  (There must be more to whatever happened with Lexi, she doesn't just ask out of the blue to move.) 

Thank goodness, Kevin caught the issue with the pipe and could patch it.  Someone installed a hose from the water line that connects from the street to the house instead of Copper Pipe!  Can you believe that???  No wonder it's leaking.  I'm shocked we haven't had a worse situation.  I think whoever installed the reverse osmosis system in this house did the poor plumbing job.  

Then, thank goodness the tire blew when Kyle was driving and not me while I was on the freeway.  Having only one car these days can be tough sometimes.  Lexi, thank goodness she realizes what is important.  I'm just glad she didn't chime in with the boys being rude to the teacher.  I'm proud of her. 

2) I am grateful I was able to make it to Sacrament Meeting today.  I'm grateful the craziness happened after Lexi and I were able to get to Sacrament Meeting.  AND I am grateful Kyle was also able to make it to at Sacrament Meeting too.  I guess you could say our ox was in the mire today!  The water is off to everything in the house while the patch dries.  We will try the patch out sometime in the morning.  That way I can get shower in the morning.  Thank goodness.

Goals for the Day:

1) Get to Sacrament Meeting
2) Get home from Sacrament Meeting so Kyle can make it to his Meetings on time
3) Get a nap if I can
4) Pick up my living room.
5) Make dinner
6) Get things ready for work tomorrow
7) Drink lots of water today

From the Camera:

Kyle had a State Weight Lifting competition yesterday.
He was trying to place for the Nationals in Ogden, Utah in September.  Below are some of his very first lifts.  He added more weight, of course.  He competes in the Clean and Jerk, as well as Snatch.  He has only been doing it again now for about a month.  He did pretty well for only being back for a month.  He missed qualifying by 2 pounds.  He has another State Competition in July, so we hope he qualifies there.  Go Kyle!  




















From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea..


The next time you hear about a blood drive in your area, make the decision to go and give blood. Or be proactive and find the local blood bank in your area set up an appointment to donate.  Nearly 4.5 million Americans are saved each year by blood transfusions. You can become a part of this powerful way to help others! Donate today.

Benefits:

The blood you donate will be used to save lives. What a gift to give to someone! Not to mention the free cookies and juice the blood bank will provide for you after you've donated blood.

Step It Up:

If you are a healthy individual you can safely give blood every 8 weeks. Commit to doing this. Often when you go in to donate blood they will ask you if you would like to schedule your next appointment. Schedule it! Get it on your calendar and make the effort to go every 8 weeks.

Keep It Simple:

Check with your doctor before you give blood to make sure you are an ideal candidate. There will also be a number of forms and questions that those working at the blood bank will ask you before you are allowed to donate. If for some reason you are not able to donate your blood, find out if it is a temporary or permanent issue that is keeping you from giving blood. If it is temporary, agree to go back after your waiting period is over. If it is permanent, ask if there are other ways you can get involved and volunteer with the blood bank. Often they need assistance organizing blood drives and screening potential donors. See if there is a way you can help and dive in.
From the Kitchen:

Heaven in a Crockpot
1 box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup butter, melted.
4 eggs
1 pouch Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix

Mix it all together.
Cook about 3 hours on low

From the Spirit:

Quote by Sheri Dew, April 1999
The Lord knows the way because He is the way and is our only chance for successfully negotiating mortality. His Atonement makes available all of the power, peace, light, and strength that we need to deal with life’s challenges—those ranging from our own mistakes and sins to trials over which we have no control but we still feel pain.
The Lord has promised to heal our broken hearts and “to set at liberty them that are bruised” (Luke 4:18); to give power to the faint, to heal the wounded soul, and to turn our weakness into strength (see Isa. 40:29Jacob 2:8Ether 12:27); to take upon Him our pains and sicknesses, to blot out our transgressions if we repent, and loose the bands of death (see Alma 7:11–13). He promised that if we will build our lives upon His rock, the devil will have no power over us (see Hel. 5:12). And He has vowed that He will never leave us or forsake us (see Heb. 13:5). There is simply no mortal equivalent. Not in terms of commitment, power, or love. He is our only chance.
Our responsibility is to learn to draw upon the power of the Atonement. Otherwise we walk through mortality relying solely on our own strength. And to do that is to invite the frustration of failure and to refuse the most resplendent gift in time or eternity. “For what doth it profit a man if a gift is bestowed … and he receive not the gift?” (D&C 88:33). My brother and I would have been foolish to not seek or accept our father’s help when we were stranded. Likewise, the Lord is our advocate, and He “knoweth the weakness of man and how to succor them who are tempted” (D&C 62:1). In other words, He knows how to succor all of us. But weactivate the power of the Atonement in our lives. We do this by first believing in Him, by repenting, by obeying His commandments, by partaking of sacred ordinances and keeping covenants, and by seeking after Him in fasting and prayer, in the scriptures, and in the temple.
All of which requires our faith in the Lord. President Gordon B. Hinckley has said that “if there is any one thing you and I need … it is faith.” 1 To have faith in Christ is to believe in Him, follow Him, and rely on Him. And it is to be blessed with the peace of conscience and mind that the Apostle Paul spoke of when he said, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me” (Philip. 4:13).
From the Schmidt's:

Holy Cow!  This weekend has been crazy!
Kyle had a weight lifting competition yesterday afternoon that we all went to.  That was long!  We all showed up, along with Kyle's Grandmother, girlfriend, and his girlfriends mother and cousin.  I think we overwhelmed Kyle with all the people.  He must have been nervous with this being his first competition after only being back at the gym for a only a month.  He did good for his first competition though.  

You should have saw him trying to lose weight to make weight.  He looked ridiculous!  He would put on a sauna suit, sweats, then three jackets.  Then he would take the arm and leg holes around the ends.  He would sit down in the chair and pack on the blankets so he would sweat.  One time he went out wore that "get-up" outside to get to the car so he could turn on the heat in the car and sweat some more.  My treadmill got a workout too.  He put that thing at an incline and ran and ran in his silly suit and sweat.  Yuck!  He lost 16 pounds in two weeks just to be ready for yesterday.  Not exactly the best way to do it.

After the competition we took Kevin's mom home and Kevin home too.  I fed Kevin dinner and then the girls and I went to the movies.  While we were waiting for our movie time, the girls introduced me to WinCo.  No, I've never been.  This was my first time.  I am in love with their bulk food section!  Love it!  We had a good time at the movies.  We went out to San Tan to see the movie so we could also pick up Danielle's roommate at their house.  We got home around 1 a.m.

This morning I woke up at 10:20, which is barely enough time to get ready for church. Thank goodness our building is right around the corner.  Lexi and I made just before the opening prayer, but we had to sit in the back.  I hate sitting in the back because it's so noise back there.  It's in part of the gym, so it echos back there.   We use to sit back there all the time because of Kevin's back.  He needed to be able to get up and pace the floors if need be.  I also felt that was where everyone wanted and expected us to sit.  At the back of the room because we not as good as the rest of the ward.  I am trying to get over that feeling.  It's tough sometimes.  I still struggle with that feeling, it creeps in when I least expect it too.

Today Danielle sent Kevin and I a text with a picture of an engagement ring.  Her boyfriend took her to the jewelry store to pick out a ring.  He then told her he will surprise her with it sometime.  He said he wanted it to be a surprise.  We are going to have a Temple wedding soon.  Another kiddo going through the Temple!  Love it!  Lexi is the only one left.  My picture on the wall in my family room is getting filled up fast!  I can hardly believe it, and I can hardly stand it!  Going to the temple thrills me more then decorating for the wedding reception does!  Seriously!  Those that really know me, know how crazy I can get with wedding receptions.  I have an addiction and I am not afraid to admit it.  I am so excited for them.  Chance is a wonderful young man and we couldn't be happier for them.  

Lexi is getting ready for Girls Camp and for school to end.  She has decided to take a couple courses online this summer too.  She wants to do duel enrollment this year.  I think she is nuts, but more power to her.  Go Lexi!  

Well, I need to go.  Dinner won't make itself, and everyone else is more worn out than me.  Kyle is nursing his sore muscles and Kevin has a back that is crying mercy please!  So, I need to go.
Take care my friends.  We will talk more soon.

From the Missionary:

Nothing from Curtis today.  Soon though.  

Quote of the Day:


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...