Thursday, May 21, 2015

The "Sickness" is still here...

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Our Bishopric for all they do for us.  They are wonderful.  
We feel very blessed to have these men serving as our Bishopric. They have blessed our lives in more ways then we can count.

2) Our Ward.  We feel very blessed to be in this ward.  There are so many needs in the ward.  Lots of struggling families in ways I cannot even begin to imagine, or even know about.  Yet, they lift us all up in so many ways.  What a blessing.

Goals for the Day:

1) Just get through this work day!  I'm still sick
2) Pick up white paint.  I have a lot of painting to do over the next several days.
3) Make dinner.
4) Wrap a few presents - Tomorrow is Kyle's birthday.
5) Get things ready for work tomorrow
6) Watch Scandal
7) Laundry

From the Camera:

Someone has a birthday tomorrow.....

From the Heart:

Sometimes all people need to be kind is a simple reminder.
Create handmade bookmarks with kindness quotes on them to give to people as a reminder of the importance of kindness, and to inspire them to do their part in making the world a better place!

Benefits

Whoever you give your bookmarks to will be reminded of kindness whenever they happen to look at them. And being reminded of the importance of kindness might help them remember to be kind.

Step it Up

Create 100 bookmarks to hand out to people in your community - on the bus, at school or in front of the grocery store. What a great way to have a positive impact on your friends as well as your community!

Keep it Simple

At home, you can make bookmarks to give to your family and friends for an inspirational, homemade birthday or holiday gift.
From the Kitchen:

Cinna-bun Cake in the oven!

Base:
3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
Topping:
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
5 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan (buttered).
Mix all of the base ingredients together, with the exception of the butter. Add the melted butter last, and then pour into your prepared pan,
Mix all of the topping ingredients together in a separate bowl. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonful over the base, as evenly as you can over the entire base. Take a butter knife and swirl the topping into the base. Pop into the oven and bake for 28-30 minutes.
While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze and set aside.
Remove from oven and glaze the cake while still warm.

From the Spirit:

Life is largely worthless unless it is held together, given shape and form by some great purpose, and there is no greater purpose than that of helping our fellowmen as well as ourselves to attain the glorious salvation which our Lord has promised to his obedient children. – Joseph Anderson, “Eternal Joy Is Eternal Growth,” Ensign, (CR) June 1971

From the Schmidt's

Sorry I haven't been as faithful about posting lately. 
We have been busy running here and there.  Then I got this lovely cold and I just felt like sleeping all the time.  Honestly, if things would have slowed down at work, I could have fallen asleep at my desk.  The cold is kicking my butt!  I mentioned that I was taking Advil Cold and Sinus and I love that stuff.  It has a does a great job at shrinking those nasal passages that seem to swell up whenever I get a cold.  The only problem with that is dealing with a runny nose in the beginning.  When that didn't stop late last night, I switched to Musinex.  My nose is still running, but now my throat hurts too.  Yikes!  I'm just glad I can breath and I have been able to work with all of this too.  Previous colds would have landed me right into bed immediately.....mostly because I had something more then just a cold.  Have just a cold is a good thing.  I just hope it goes away by Saturday.  I don't want to be sick for this three day weekend.  There is so much  I want to do!  I don't have time for a cold.  ~smile~smile~

We got all kinds of letters from Curtis yesterday.  Lexi got one.  I got one, and I think Kevin got one too.  If Kyle got one he hasn't mentioned it yet.  Maybe because he was out with his girlfriend when I got home from work last night.  I'll have to ask him if he heard from Curtis too.  His letter is below, at least the one that came to me.  

Kyle had a birthday today.  He is 25 now!  We were planning a late night Birthday Party, but decided to wait since he will be going out with his girlfriend tomorrow.  They are leaving early Saturday morning for Show Low, and  they will be gone most of the weekend too.  She has a High School reunion this weekend.  They are staying with family up in Show Low.  I think we will have our little party once they get back from their trip.

We will be going to our ward for Sacrament on Sunday and then for Priesthood with Danielle and her boyfriend too.  Chance's father flew down from Montana for this and we will be there too.  Chance is going to be ordained and Elder Sunday.  It will be good.  I just wish his Mom and little brother could be here too.  I can only imagine how hard it must be to miss this for his Mom and brother.  I'm sure she is super excited though.  We are too.

Danielle and Chance will be flying up to Montana in a couple months to spend a week with his family.  He wants Danielle to meet some of his friends and see where he grew up.  From what I understand, his parents own a home right on the lake and it's pretty amazing to see.  I hear the scenery in Montana is awesome.  Wish I could go too. As if they would want me tagging along.  LOL! 

Kevin still has not heard about a date and time for his surgery.  He called the doctor's office yesterday and today and they said if they didn't call him back this afternoon with a date and time, they would call him Tuesday.  Talk about dragging this thing out!  Sheesh!  You can tell none of them have ever experienced this kind of pain before.  Maybe if they did, they would be more inclined to move a little quicker.

Oh....before I forget.  Kyle has decided to try apply for the Police Department.  To be perfectly honest, I have always pictured him as a Police Officer.  Even when he was in Junior High and High School.  He just seems to have that authoritative way about him.  It just seems nature that he would be in some form of law enforcement.  The other day he told me he even thought about the FBI.  I guess that came from those he spent time with on his mission.  He meet some interesting people on his mission.  One was the head of the CIA.  Another was a trained assassin.  Both members of the church too.  Not to mention all the other high ranking officers and government officials.  All of that stuff interests me.  I'm not sure why.  It just does.  Anyway, good luck Kyle.  I hope it works out.  He will have a great coach to help with get ready for the testing.  His girlfriend is a Police Officer.  She can help him through the process.  It will be good.  

I have a few things to paint white this weekend.  I am helping a friend with her wedding reception and making her bridal bouquet.  (That reminds me, time to call the wholesale florist to order the flowers)  Plus, it looks like wedding bells will be ringing in our near future for Danielle too.  Fun Fun!  
I have to admit, I have been picking things up for a while now.  So, hopefully when the time comes it will not be a huge expense.  Now to paint some of the things I have.  Oh boy!   That reminds me, time to get to the home improvement center.

Oh yeah, my headboard for my bed is coming along just fine.  The key pieces should be here tomorrow!  I can't wait.  Hence the reason for a visit to the home improvement center.  Paint, Paint, and more Paint!  

Well, one more day of work before a nice long weekend.  I am so looking forward to tomorrow afternoon!  I could have slept until about two today with no problem.  I am so tired lately.  It must be this cold.  All the more reason I cannot wait for Saturday.  I get to sleep in that day!  Love it!

I should go.  Take care friends!  We will talk soon. 

From the Missionary:

Hey Everyone,
How are you all doing?  The Bronx is still the Bronx.  It's hard to actually describe what the Bronx is like, so we came up with our own adjective to describe things here.  The word we use is bronxy.  Like our apartment is bronxy or the people that walk around here are bronxy.  I'm doing great here.  I found out that I know my area pretty well.  It's weird to have a missionary look at me and ask, "what are we gonna do?"  I can't wait for Elder Holtom to learn the area so we have two inputs for plans.  The other day we tracted a 6 floor building with like 60 doors in it.  It's a pretty small building here but it felt like it was taking forever to knock all the doors, mostly because no one was answering.  We got to the bottom floor of the building and we almost decided to not knock the floor because that is usually where the Super is, but we did it anyways.  Almost half the doors opened and were people who were pretty interested but one of them was my favorite.  A lady answered and immediately told us to come in and talk to her daughter who was having a hard time.  Her daughter was about 21 and her Grandpa had just passed away.  We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she lit up.  It is awesome to see all the little miracles that are happening.  The work here is picking up slowly but surely.  We are constantly finding new people to teach and to serve.  I know that I am supposed to be here in this mission and in the Bronx.  I know that i was called by a prophet of God to share the gospel with the people here.  I know that everyday I walk outside the Lord is going to put people in my path who are ready to hear the message of the restored gospel.  I love seeing how important the gospel is to everyone.  Every time someone speaks to us they bring up something that is related to the gospel.  I love the feeling I get when I teach and I love seeing people when they begin to understand the importance of everything we teach.  I love it here and I wouldn't change a thing.  Hey, we have a family moving to Gilbert and University.  Could I give them your email or phone number?  They are super cool.  Let me know how you all are doing.  And let me know if I can do anything.

Love,

Elder Schmidt

Sent from my iPad


Letter #2

Hey,

I'm doing pretty good.  Getting around my area is super easy now.  I wouldn't say I've mastered it though.  Training is just a twelve week program but now that I've taken the area over I'm pretty much done with it and I'm training my companion and helping him learn the area and our district.  I can go through Jesus the Christ in my studies, but we've been told to focus our studies on The Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel.  I am loving it here though.  

I found the perfect way to contact people on the street here too.  You just stand in front of them and offer them a picture of Jesus.  Everyone here love Jesus.  The other day I got dared to approach the three dudes that looked like they just got out of prison...ha ha.  They all had the tear drop tattoos and stuff.  They turned out to be super nice and they loved missionaries and what we do.  The unfortunately we're too "busy" to have us teach them but it's cool to see how everyone pretty much recognizes us.  

Well, I'm gonna end now.  We're going to Manhattan to do touristy stuff.  I will talk to you guys later.  I sent a few emails to Mom and one to Kyle.  Check his out.  It's pretty funny.  If he won't show you tell me and I will send it to you.

Love,

Elder Schmidt

Sent from my iPad


This is the pizza I made at Pizza Studio it is the best ever, you must go

Displaying image1.JPG

Displaying image2.PNG

My first companion, Elder Sorenson
Displaying image4.JPG

Displaying image5.JPG

ASU hat I got...
Displaying image1.JPG

Another view of the hat....
Displaying image2.JPG

My new companion, Elder Holtom
Displaying image3.JPG

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...