Monday, May 4, 2015

Monday, Monday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  Our Bishopric.  They are awesome.  

2)  Sister Rogers in our ward who Greeted me at the door for Relief Society today with my Visiting Teaching assignments and a big Happy Birthday to me.  She was really sweet to remember.

Goals for the Day:

1) Get through church today.  I haven't taken my medicine for my knee OR put on the deep blue stuff yet today and my knee is really starting to hurt now.

2) Get a few things done around the house.

3)  Have my husband share the story he has been trying to share with me all day today.

4)  Get things ready for work tomorrow.

5)  Write Curtis.

6)  Family dinner today.

From the Camera:

Isn't this just the cutest?  
Someone on Facebook is making these.  Love it.
I may need to make myself a small one of these to hang in my room as my own personal reminder.  

From the Heart:

When you go grocery shopping bring your own reusable shopping bags with you. These can even be plastic or paper bags that you got from a previous shopping trip; when you empty the bags at home save them and bring them with you the next time you go to the store. Or you can buy the canvas or clothe reusable shopping bags. Look for them at the entrance or check out lines at your local grocery store; most are selling them now at quite affordable prices, even as low as a dollar a bag.

Benefits:

Reusable bags reduce the need for plastic bags, which in turn will lead to less production of plastic bags including the pollution and oil consumption that goes along with producing those bags. Additionally, reusable bags are much stronger and can carry twice as much as a plastic bag.

Step It Up:

Use these bags every time you go shopping of any kind. Don't limit their use to just grocery shopping, bring reusable bags along the next time you go clothes, shoe, or craft shopping. You can use reusable bags everywhere you go! Use reusable bags to carry your lunch to work or your clothes to the gym. Anything you use a plastic bag for, you can use a reusable bag for.

Keep It Simple:

If you do not have reusable bags, commit to reusing all the plastic bags you have at least once. You can use a plastic bag to bring your lunch to work, to carry dirty shoes when traveling, to pick up after your dog, as cushioning in a care-package, or as a trash bag in your car. Think of some creative ways you can reuse the plastic bags that you do have until you are able to get some sturdier reusable bags.

From the Kitchen:


From the Spirit:

How Do You Respond to Hatred?


“What is our response when we are offended, misunderstood, unfairly or unkindly treated, or sinned against, made an offender for a word, falsely accused, passed over, hurt by those we love, our offerings rejected? Do we resent, become bitter, hold a grudge? Or do we resolve the problem if we can, forgive, and rid ourselves of the burden? The nature of our response to such situations may well determine the nature and quality of our lives, here and eternally. A courageous friend, her faith refined by many afflictions, said to me only hours ago, “Humiliation must come before exaltation.” It is required of us to forgive. Our salvation depends upon it.”

–Marion D. Hanks, “Forgiveness The Ultimate Form of Love”, Ensign Jan. 1974, 20

From the Schmidt's:

It's Monday and I am tired.  I'm draggin'.

I took one of my pills for my knee again yesterday because it was killing me by the time I got home from church.  I think it was the weather mostly because it thundered and poured all last night. It was great!  So this morning I am moving slow.

Kevin has had some rough days lately.
And when I say tough for him, I mean really bad!
I don't know if it's because of a change in medications or what???  But every night for the past 4 or 5 night after he takes his medication and gets tries to go to bed, he inevitably will wake up around midnight and either fall right to the floor or he comes out of his room and falls in the kitchen or living room.  Each time Kyle has been here to scoop him back up and put him back to bed.  It's funny because he stayed in bed most of the night last night.  Then about an hour after Kyle got him he was up and falling out of bed.  Kevin must be a light sleeper or something.  OR just have his internal clock set to midnight every night.  

This morning I got a call from Kevin while I was on my way to work.  He fell this morning and banged up his knee too.  It's all red and a little swollen.  I think they switched his medication a little.  I remember Kevin asking to switch the muscle relaxer to something he has had before.  That has been the only switch of any of his medications.  It's like day and night sometimes with Kevin.  From almost normal Kevin to Kevin who is not feeling so good.  When it's the later Kevin he talks really slow, slurs his words, and I get these really long text messages AND he falls down all the time.  The normal Kevin isn't good either.  That is the mean, mad at the world Kevin.  You know, the one when he is in too much pain.  Not good!  I so hope they get him in for that nerve stimulator placement soon and I hope it allows Kevin to get off of some of this medication.  It's starting to really mess with him.  

Speaking of medication.  Kevin has been on these medicines for quite a while now.  So you know it's not going to be an easy road to get him off of them.  Thankfully the doctor all ready has a plan in place to work through that too.  That puts my mind at ease a little.

Last night Kevin was in bed sleeping, Kyle was out with his girlfriend, and Lexi fell asleep at like 5:30 p.m.  So, it was just me up.  I tried to take a nap too, but my body wouldn't let me sleep.  I ended up watching a movie.  It was a movie about this mother of 10 kids that clipped coupons and did everything she could to stretch her dollars.  Eventually she started to enter contests all over the country.  She ended up winning quite a few.  In fact, she even used money from one of the contests to purchase the house her family lived in.  It was purchased with $5,000 in the late 50's.  Of course, the house couldn't be in the wife's name, so her husband signed the papers.  Eventually it came out later in the movie that the father drank a lot.  Apparently the father would spend most of his paychecks on alcohol and the mother never had enough money for the milk man.  Evidently, the father even took out a second mortgage on the house and at the end of the movie the mother saves the day with money she won from the last contest she ever enters and the family got to stay in their happy home.  SO, why am I mentioning this?
The one thing that was mentioned after the father and mother passed away was how each child grew up and went to school and made something of themselves.  Each child grew up to be honest, hardworking citizens.  I thought it was an interesting movie.  I could relate to so many of the things this family went through.  AND at the same time, I am so grateful I haven't had to deal with some of the other things too.  I'll have to look up the name of the movie.  It was interesting.

Well, I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon.
Fun times!  It will be good.  I just wish I could stay in now that I am home and all.  You know how it is after working all day.  You just want to sit and put your feet up a little.  Today is one of those days.

Kyle is off doing his weight lifting training.  He has a State Competition he is getting ready for.  Thank goodness it's here locally.  That way Kevin and I and the girls can go, and then if Kevin needs to go home we can take him home too.  It will be good.  I'll post photos too.  

Well, I should go.  Time for my appointment.
I hope your Monday was good for each of you.
Take care friends.  We will talk again soon.

From the Missionary:

Nothing today.  

Quote of the Day:


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...