Step It Up
Keep It Simple
- jar (26 to 28 ounces) tomato pasta sauce (any variety)
- package (25 to 27 1/2 ounces) frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of rectangular baking dish 13x9x2-inches, with cooking spray.
- 2 Spread 3/4 cup of the pasta sauce in baking dish. Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in single layer over sauce; top with half of the remaining pasta sauce and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with ravioli. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3 Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot in center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
- From the Spirit:
“Our choices have the undeniable power of transforming our lives. This gift is an extraordinary sign of trust in us and simultaneously a cherished personal responsibility to use wisely. Our Father in Heaven respects our freedom to choose and will never force us to do what is right, nor will He impede us from making mediocre choices. His invitation, however, concerning this important and vital gift is clearly expressed in the scriptures: “But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God”
–José A. Teixeira, “Gifts to Help Us Navigate Our Life”, Ensign, May 2009, 104-6