Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The Mid Week Update

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Being a morning person.  This morning on the way to work (on the freeway) this car pulls partly into my lane right in front of me and stops.  I had to swerve into to the right lane next to me to avoid an accident.  Late on the radio the traffic report announced a rollover accident on the very freeway in the very area this car did this to me.  My nerves were rattled just having to swerve, I can only imagine how other drivers felt being near the car that is now upside down blocking all lanes of traffic.  Yikes!  Thank goodness I was awake this morning.  Kevin called this blessing #1 for having a missionary in the field.  I guess you could add Safety to my list of things I'm grateful for.

2) Awesome co-workers that make me laugh.  

Goals for the Day:

1) Get through the day without being fooled....again.  (Kevin got me for once in his life early this morning)

2) Get a care package ready for Curtis.

3) Laundry

4) Dinner

5) Try to get a nap this afternoon.  A girls gotta try.  LOL!

6) Clean out the fridge

7) General pick up throughout the house.

From the Camera:

We made a change above the shelf in my living room this evening.  Just changing a few things up.  
Here is what we did....
I removed the frame with chicken wire to another place in my home so I can hang photos from it and moved this gate in.
The photo below is a little messy.  Please excuse
the mail, the leis ...YES!  I am saving these!  Someone made them for Curtis and I to wear when he spoke in church just before he left on his mission, and the cords from my lamps.
Take a look....

I know...a little messy.
Here is a closer photo of the gate.


Now to decide what to put on the shelf below.
I need some boxwood little plants or something,
don't I?
I say yes!  
Too bad we don't live back east
where boxwood grows practically wild
and you can pick it and treat it so it
lasts forever.  
Hey, that gives me an idea....
Curtis is back east.  
Maybe he could send me some sometime??
Can you just see it now?
Curtis in his P-day cutting down boxwood
to send to his mother.
Too funny!

From the Heart:

Riding your bike every day may sound like a lot of work, or even exhausting. But in reality, it's good for the body and soul, as well as the environment, so what are you waiting for?
There are tons of health benefits related to biking, and it might make your commute a little less stressful, saving you from the frustration you might have when you’re stuck in traffic. Or you might learn to enjoy being able to spend a little extra time outdoors. Best of all, riding your bike can be just plain fun! Skip the car and try biking to school or work tomorrow. Enjoy the scenery, get some exercise and help the planet at the same time!

Benefits

Getting daily exercise from an activity like riding a bike can increase your energy and even boost your mood. Studies have also shown that exercise can decrease stress levels, something that can affect how well you do in school if you’re a student. For adults, exercise can be a factor in how happy and productive you are at work. Plus, riding your bike to school or work is a nice thing to do for the environment, because it saves you or someone else from driving a car.

Step It Up

Reduce your carbon footprint and get some exercise by riding your bike to work or school. Don’t forget to keep yourself safe by wearing your helmet and following bike safety steps, like learning correct hand signals. 

Keep It Simple

Maybe your school or job isn’t within easy biking distance from your home. Consider taking public transportation like the bus to work or school, and still get a little exercise by riding your bike to and from the bus stop.
From the Kitchen:


Frito Pie - Crock Pot Style


2 lbs ground beef
1 can of diced green chillies
1 large can of Macayo's Red Enchilada Sauce 
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Corn Tortillas
Bag of Frito's

1) Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat, drain and rinse in hot water to wash away all the excess fat
2) Add the drained ground beef back into the skillet.
3) Add the enchilada sauce, the cream of mushroom soup, and the green chillies and stir until combined over medium heat.
4) Begin layering the ingredients in your Crock Pot.  Start with a large spoonful of the meat mixture, then add 3-4 full round corn tortilla...just like you were making a lasagna.  Then add a handful of cheese on top.  Continue to layer until all the meat mixture is gone and your Crock Pot is full.
4) Heat in your Crock Pot on low for 4 hours.
5) Serve over Frito's.

Add extra cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, olives as desired

From the Spirit:


Star Wars: Power of the Priesthood


Star Wars is one of the most famous “worldly” movies out there for examples of the Priesthood and the power of God.  The references to “the force” and “light” vs.  the “dark” side of the force make it easy for me to draw parallels with my own live.
When Skywalker is first learning about “the force” Obi-Wan gives some great insight into it’s power.
Obi-Wan: Vader was seduced by the dark side of the force.
Skywalker: The force?
Obi-Wan: The force is what gives a Jedi his power.  It’s an energy field created by all living things.  It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.
Like the “Force”, the Priesthood is the overarching power of the universe.  It is the power by which the Lord created the earth.  It is the power by which we heal men and women here on the earth.  And most important, it is the power by which we seal and bind ourselves to our families in the eternities to come!  It is really the most powerful thing on earth.
Later on in the movie one of Darth Vader's cronies brags about how amazing the Death Star is and Darth Vader put’s him in his place.
Commander: This station is now the ultimate power in the universe.  I suggest we use it.
Vader: Don’t be too proud of this technological terror you’ve constructed.   The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force.
If you compare Vader to Satan (one of the good guys, gone bad), we gain another insight.  Satan also knows the power of the Priesthood.
How grateful I am to hold the Priesthood.  This amazing power of God given to man here on the earth to do good.  I strive each day to use the force so I can be worthy to bless the lives of those I associate with

From the Schmidt's:

First let me apologize for not posting anything yesterday.  I woke up three times Tuesday morning, I think because I was anticipating a call from Curtis.  When I got home from work I took care of dinner and then ran a few errands.  Which actually meant driving to Val Vista and Queen Creek Rd.  By the time I got home around 8:30 p.m. I was worn out.  So since I was behind on everything and very tired I just decided to not post anything and try again today.  I'm still worn out, but all is well. 

Tonight should be a lot quieter.  Kyle is off to his gym so by the time he gets home he should be worn out and Lexi will be at the Easter Pageant so we won't see her until late.  I like that they made that announcement reminding all parents that mutual would be a late one.  That was great!  Thank you, thank you!  I know I sometimes need those reminders so I don't worry. 
(yes - I've become one of those parents in my old age). 

Kevin got me!  

I just got out of the shower and was half dressed for work when Kevin came into the room talking on the phone. (Keep in mind, it's only about 5:30 am at this point). He then says they let you call again today?  Well here let me put her on the phone.  So I get on the phone thinking its Curtis and no one is there.  Then Kevin says, I finally was able to get you for once....April Fools!  I am usually so on to him and his tricks.  Apparently not today so early in the morning.  LOL!

It's looks like Danielle has a new job!  Happiness.  She is having quite a time finding a place that will work with her school schedule and her internship too.  It's been a struggle.  So this new job will do that and even give her Sunday's off too.  Which is awesome!  She is glad she found this.  Her visiting teacher told her about this.  Pretty nice, right??  

Again, I am very grateful that I avoided being involved in that accident this morning.  I still do not know what that person was thinking coming to a complete stop in an oncoming lane of traffic this morning.  Makes me wonder sometimes.  For April Fools this has been one crazy day.  And other than Kevin, that was the only trick played on me today.  Everything else was just a fluke.  EEK!
This is one Mom that is very grateful for the added protection, blessings, benefit.....whatever YOU want to call it, for having a son serving a full-time mission.  

Well, I have a few things to do.  Take care and we will talk soon.

From the Missionary:

We got a phone call this morning at 5 a.m. from Curtis!  
HAPPINESS!!!
It was awesome to hear from him.
We forgot to purchase a calling card before he left, so he ended up using a ton of quarters.  I can just imagine how that looked walking through TSA with all of those quarters.  Yikes!

He said he spent Saturday in Urgent Care because he had an
allergic reaction to something.  They think it was the laundry soap.
He used Tide or Cheer.  We ALWAYS break out whenever we use Tide and most times when we use Cheer. 
That's why we always use ALL.
Besides....I love the smell of those little 
mighty packs anyway.

Curtis has a 4 hour flight to Atlanta, Georgia
with a layover and a plane switch
to get his plane to New York.

We think he must have arrived at about 4 - 4:30 p.m. our time today!  So exciting!
The other thing, it was snowing today in New York.
I talked to someone that works in New York just north of where Curtis was going and she said it was cold and snowing.  About 30 degrees!  That ought to keep Curtis on his toes.  LOL!

The boy has never lived in snow.  He has visited snow, but he has never had to shovel it or be out in it day in and day out.
Shoot....neither have I.  

Well, we are super excited for him!
Let the fun begin!  YES!  
He has arrived!  
LOVE IT!

Quote of the Day:

The LDS Priesthood session of General Conference is coming up this Saturday.
I love that Kevin and my boys look forward to this every six months and go together.
This year they are including Danielle's boyfriend in the group, which is great!
Love that!
After everyone will be coming over here for a game night.
Fun Times!
This quote is dedicated to those who hold the Priesthood......
From the Boy Scouts of America Program to the Priesthood


Preparing, Passing, and Blessing the Sacrament

Collecting Fast Offerings


Home Teaching

Serving a Full-Time Mission

 Baptism

Confirmations

Priesthood Blessings

Leadership

All are Priesthood Responsibilities.
Be all YOU were sent to be!
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...