Monday, April 27, 2015

Ouch!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) I am grateful I didn't break anything.
2) I am most grateful to the nice QT worker who helped me up after my fall today.  He was so sweet and I really appreciate that.

Goals for the Day:
1) Make it through this day.
2) NO MORE FALLING.
3) Get to Urgent Care
4) Stay down when I get home with the right leg elevated with ice and a pillow.
4) Take something for the pain
5) Try to sleep

From the Camera: 

We spent the afternoon on Sunday taking a few photos of Lexi at the Mesa Temple.  
This is becoming a thing with her lately.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard her say, "Mom take my picture."   Like she is some kind of model or something.  Actually I think she wants them for Instagram.  Take a look at some of the highlights....

This was our first photo.

This next photo just looks funny.  I love the tree, but what the heck is Lexi doing to that poor tree?  LOL!

More of the cool looking tree.  

This one is nice.

This one is better...

This is even better....

But this is one of my favorites....I think it would be cool in black and white.  

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea...

Bigger is better, right? Well, at least in the world of thank you notes, that phrase rings true!  This week is Teacher Appreciation Week--why not let your teacher know how much you appreciate him or her with a giant thank you card? You could buy one at the store, or make one out of poster board. Pass it around to your classmates at lunch or during a free period along with some markers and present it to your teacher at the end of the day!

Benefits:

Often teachers don't know how much they are appreciated until many years down the road. This way, they will know they are appreciated today! And it might just be that your card full of encouraging words will arrive at just the right time.

Step It Up:

Unfortunately it is all-too-easy to take those whom we see and interact with everyday for granted. This activity helps you break that cycle! If you have more than one teacher, take it upon yourself to create a card for each one that you see on a daily basis. If you are no longer in school, write a note of appreciation and mail it to your favorite grade school or high school teacher, or to your favorite professor in college.  Or perhaps a tutor, coach, pastor, or camp counselor had a huge influence on your life--they are teachers, too! Take a moment to write them a note of thanks.

Keep It Simple:

If you aren't able to gather your class together to sign a large card, write a simple thank you note yourself, and sign it from your class. Or you could even send it anonymously if you prefer. Words of appreciation are always welcome!
From the Kitchen:

Easy Cream Cheese Brownies

1 (20 ounce) package fudge brownie mix (13x9 size)
1/4 cup water (or what mix calls for)
1/3 cup oil (or what your mix calls for)
2 eggs (or what your mix calls for)
Topping
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
2 Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (water, oil, eggs).
3 Pour into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
4 Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
5 Add sugar and mix. Add vanilla and egg; mix until well-blended.
6 Place cheese mixture in dollops over the whole pan, leaving some brownie showing in between.
7 Cut or swirl through batter several times with a knife or fork for a marbled effect. It can be tricky to get a good marble effect so be careful not to over work it.
8 Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool; cut into squares. (These will also freeze well).

From the Spirit:

Meekness does not translate to Weakness

“Meekness is vital to becoming more Christlike. Without it one cannot develop other important virtues. . . Acquiring meekness is a process. . . More meekness does not translate to weakness, but it is the presentation of self in a posture of kindness and gentleness. It reflects certitude, strength, serenity; it reflects a healthy self-esteem and a genuine self-control (Neal A. Maxwell, “Meekly Drenched in Destiny,” in Brigham Young University 1982-83 Fireside and Devotional Speeches [1983], 2). More meekness will allow us to be tutored by the Spirit.”
–H. David Burton, More Holiness Give Me, Ensign, Nov. 2004, 99

From the Schmidt's:

Today has been an eventful day.  I got ready for work and felt good about how I looked.  I had on my gray dress slacks, a matching blouse, a lightweight gray sweater, and my gray wedge heals.  I was doing just fine walking.  Sure, I was a little wobbly but it was 
6 a.m. when I left the house.  Who isn't wobbly around the time?

I drove to Phoenix and stopped to QT for a drink. My usual diet Mt. Dew. It's always cheaper than the cafe at work and any vending machine, and I like the ice there.  I barely got inside the store and just past the door and down I went.  Next thing I knew I was on the floor.  Now before all of you ask.....NO I am not going to go after the store.  I didn't slip on anything.  I didn't trip over anything.  So that is out of the question.  In fact the young man that works there was very sweet and came right over to me as soon as he saw me on the floor.  He talked to me asked me if I was okay and he helped me up.  He was awesome!  At the time, I thought all I hurt was my pride...or at least bruised it.  

When I got home from work today we ran me over to Urgent Care.  Fun Fun!  They did a bunch of X-rays.  Some on my knee and leg and some on my left ring finger.  My finger is really swollen, but not broken.  Thank goodness.  My knee on the other hand....they think I have a torn meniscus.  Oh fun!  They gave me a prescription for a super strong anti-inflammatory and an order for an MRI as well as a referral to an Orthopedic Surgeon.  Oh lucky me!  

Thank goodness I have tomorrow off.  I was going to go with Kevin to his appointment to see his surgeon, but looks like I will be going to my own appointments.  Thank goodness for children that drive and are off work tomorrow.  Kyle is going with Kevin and Danielle will go with me.  Lexi doesn't drive yet....soon though.

Well, I am worn out and tired.  You take care and I sincerely hope your week has started out much better than mine has.  Talk to you soon.  

From the Missionary:

Nothing from Curtis today

Quote of the Day:

  
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...