Sunday, April 26, 2015

Lazy Afternoons

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Sundays!  I love them!  Going to church to get my so called Spiritual bucket filled is always amazing!  Today especially.

2) My daughter Lexi.  She is my youngest and from the moment she was born she has always been my best buddy.  She makes me laugh.  Makes me cry. (the good kind of crying)  But most of all, she reminds me of all that is important.  Family.  The Gospel.  Education.  Keeping Physically Fit - being active.  Eating Healthy. AND Having Fun.  Just to name a few.

Goals from the Day:

1) Church.
2) Get some photos ready for the missionary wall at church
3) Print off a couple of the letters Curtis has sent us for the bulletin board at the church.
4) Make dinner
5) Spend time with my family
6) Get Lexi to her meeting tonight
7) Get things ready for work tomorrow
8) Get to bed early tonight.  

From the Camera:

This is Lexi the last time she had any major work done at the dentist.  Can you believe she is begging me to go back for more of this kind of fun?  I can't!  It's because her big brother, Kyle, keeps telling her that if she doesn't have her tooth looked at soon it could cause an infection in her brain.  Brother!!!  Can you believe he told her that?  We already do not mess around with dental issues with Lexi simply because of her heart.  No, her heart is not weak.  No, we have not had any issues.  This was just something the doctor's told us to always be aware of.  Any time she needs dental work, she has to have an antibiotic before and sometimes after any procedures just to make sure nothing happens.  Now her big brother goes and tells her this.  He has her scared now.  Silly big brother, but poor Lexi for believing him.  What's a mother going to do?

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea....
Most people treasure photos of their families and friends. Many people send out holiday greetings with pictures of their loved ones each year. Some even create personalized calendars for their relatives with each month featuring different pictures of their family.
However, portrait photos and photo shoots can be quite expensive. If you enjoy photography or are good with a camera, why not offer to get some shots of your friends' families for free? Make it fun! Meet up at a favorite park or coffee shop and just start taking pictures!

Benefits:

You have a chance to do something you enjoy while simultaneously saving your friends a lot of money!

Step It Up:

Offer to take some photos regularly, every couple of months or so. Those friends with young children will particularly appreciate this as young kids grow so fast. Once you have the photos, you could even offer to create an album for your friends, highlighting your favorite shots.

Keep It Simple:

Next time you spot some tourists taking pictures, offer to take a group shot for them. You are saving them the trouble of trying to find someone to take it for them.

From the Kitchen:

Old Fashioned Lemon Bread
Prep Time
10 minutes
Cooking Time
55 minutes
Skill Level
Easy
Makes
10
servings (one 8 x 4-inch loaf)
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
1/3 cup olive or vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel (about 1 lemon - reserve
lemon for later use)
Instructions
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease and flour 8 x 4-inch baking pan.
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat eggs, evaporated milk, oil and lemon zest together in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture. Stir until just combined. Pour into prepared pan.
BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Using the skewer, poke numerous holes in the hot bread, piercing all the way to the bottom. Slowly drizzle the hot Lemon Syrup over the bread (Syrup will soak into the bread). Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes; run knife around edge of bread. Remove bread to wire rack to cool completely.
LEMON SYRUP:
COMBINE 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon) in small, heavy-duty saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and a light syrup is formed.

From the Spirit:

My Eternal Family
I am a builder working each day to build my family.
And I will do the best I can to serve them lovingly.
I am a builder growing so tall and learning everyday.
To speak with kindness in my home, to help at work and play.
My Heavenly Father sent me here and He knows I can be
Stong and righteous as I build my eternal family.
I am a builder building a home; I seek the Lord in prayer.
And as I try to love God’s word I feel the Spirit there.
I am a builder serving the Lord and following His plan
To help my family come back home and live with Him again.
My Heavenly Father sent me here and He knows I can be
Stong and righteous as I build my eternal family.
If you have children in primary this year, chances are, they have learned this new song.  It’s not in the primary song book because it was written just a few years ago.  As I’ve learned this song, I have come to love it because it really put Heavenly Father’s plan into an everyday perspective.  One lesson that we can learn from this song is that we’re all here together to learn and grow, it’s important to serve, speak kindly and lovingly.  Most importantly, this song reassures us that our Heavenly Father has a purpose for us and he knows that we can and will be “stong and righteous as [we] build [our] eternal family”!

From the Schmidt's:

Sacrament Meeting was so AMAZING today!  The Spirit was so strong as each speaker spoke about the need for strong families and testified about the role families play in the great plan of happiness.  It was wonderful!  I loved hearing everything that was shared by each speaker, but more importantly I absolutely LOVED the Spirit I felt in our chapel today.  I do not know how anyone could walk away from meeting today and not feel that sweet Spirit.  What a blessing it is to know and feel that reassurance that their is no greater place to learn and grow then within a strong family.
AND it's always nice to remember that each family has it's problems and areas to work on.  None of us are perfect.  We all have to work at this, but it is within the bonds of a family that we will be able to learn and grow in ways we could never achieve outside of the family.  I love that!

I also loved the part about how a husband and wife are like two metals being forged together to become an alloy.  The two metals have to go through a melting process(or stress, if you will) to become one strong piece, an alloy.  That was such a great comment.  So true!  Isn't that true of a strong marriage?  A strong marriage takes hard work.  You will be tested sometimes beyond your wildest imagination.  BUT, it is through those stressful moments and the trials you face together that you become this one solid piece, forged together with one united purpose.  I love that! 

Again, Sacrament was amazing!  Lexi stayed for the other meetings, but I went home after Sacrament.  Kyle was home with Kevin while I went to Sacrament but he planned to attend his singles ward.  So, I came home to be with Kevin.  Kevin was sleeping but sometimes his breathing is very shallow and he scares me when he gets like that.  I just prefer someone to be home with him during those times.  Except for church someone usually is here on a day to day basis which is a good thing.  This is another reason I hope that nerve stimulator works.   

Well, it's official!  I get to go see the doctor next week for my leg/knee issue.  I still don't understand how this happened.  The only big fall I have had was out of the shower that one morning, but I hit the other leg.  The right one staying in the tub.  Can you picture that?  Don't laugh too much please.  LOL!  
STOP LAUGHING!  
~smile~smile~

I had a dream last night (its was more like a nightmare) that I was sitting in the cast room at our orthopedics office when he have me the results of the X-rays they took.  The results were that my leg was broken but only one of the bones in my lower leg was broken.  The fibula was broken.  BUT, because of the location of the break they had to give me this cast that went up over my knee.  NOT FUN!  Plus, they would have to do surgery to pin the bone since it was in such a weird spot.  The last thing I remember about my dream was calling work to schedule a couple days of vacation because the doctor was going to do surgery that night.  It's funny how the mind can play tricks on you during times like these to scare you.  
That's right!  I'm officially nervous about this leg thing.  
It would just be my luck that this was what happens.  
Can you see me using one of those little scooter things for one leg like so many people do?  Not good.
As if my co-workers don't have enough to poke fun at already.
This would be the icing on the cake for sure!  
Arg!  LOL!

I know!  Things could be worse.  I need to count my blessings.  

Well, Kyle is off with his girlfriend to have dinner at her Mom's house tonight.  It's just Lexi, Kevin and I tonight.  
Making dinner should be pretty easy then.
I don't think Danielle will be coming over today.
She was pretty sick when we saw her last and I think she might just stay home to rest.  That girl gets sick a lot lately.  I worry about her.  I'm sure it's stress.  She has a lot on her plate lately.  I hope she feels better soon.

Well, Lexi has asked that we go somewhere to take pictures of her again.  She likes to include some of her photos on Instagram.  Hopefully she isn't too crazy with the selfies.  So I am off.  We will probably end up at the Temple since there is no other place that can beat all the pretty flowers, shrubs and trees around.  Unless we want to pay to get into somewhere.  That isn't happening today.  

Take care friends.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and an awesome week.  Talk to you soon.

From the Missionary:

Hey Lexi,

I'm doing good.  I have had some good pizza.  They do $1 slices like everywhere here in the Bronx.  But it's funny because they still have Little Caesar's everywhere and everyone still buys that a lot.  Even though some places have really good pizza at other places for a buck.  My favorite part of New York is the parks.  There are so many people in them.  Especially now that it is getting hot here.  It is pretty crazy.  So how's home and school and all of that stuff?  Let me know.  I get emails whenever you send them.  I am always allowed to check emails on my iPad and I even have wifi in my apartment.  So, send them whenever.  

Love,

Curtis
Sent from my iPad

Quote of the Day:

Family.  For Always.  Forever.  No Matter What!
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...