Wednesday, April 29, 2015

I'm over Hump Day!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Even though I do not like that my husband has been through so much and had to see so many doctors over the past several years, it is nice when the tables turn and I have to see some of the same doctors.  At least I know what I am in for.  I'm not scared to go because I know the doctor I am going to see and I know his office pretty well.  Just that puts my mind at ease a little.

2) My oldest son Kyle.  He has been a HUGE help to me over the past several days.  I am so glad he was able to take his dad to his appointment today.  (Stepping on the brake in the car just about killed me coming home from work yesterday)  Thanks Kyle.

LET'S ADD ANOTHER.....

3) My OLDEST child....Danielle for driving us to Urgent Care yesterday.  Thank you.  I really appreciate that.  

AND ANOTHER.....

4) My youngest child, Lexi.  She has been my little helper these past few days.  She helps me out so much around the house.  She even makes dinner for us all too.  I sometimes take for granted all she does.  She is a sweetie.  Thanks Lexi.

Goals for the Past TWO Days:

1) Get Kevin's paperwork filled out for his appointment today.
2) Get Kevin and Kyle out the door for the appointment.
3) Call to schedule my MRI
4) Call to schedule my appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon
5) Pick up around the house
6) Relax and elevate the knee
7) Get things ready for work tomorrow
8) Make dinner
9) Pay a bill - SRP

From the Camera:

After all the fun doctor appointments yesterday, I did manage to find a few things.  (This ole' knee isn't going to keep me down) The first being this cute black bench that fits at the end of my hall where all the backpacks, purses, and workout bags would end up. I picked it up for $20.00 and it is super sturdy.  I know it's not exactly the style these days....industrial looking, but it works for me.  Besides, I have other plans for it too.  More on that later in the year. 
I also picked up a couple plant stands.  I got each for $10.00.  The red one will most definitely be painted another color.  It's super sturdy too and heavy.
This black one will most likely get painted black again.  The paint is a little chippy.   
Those are my latest finds on all the various Facebook groups I belong to.  I love those!  
AND.....
I really do have a reason to be picking up all this stuff.  Honest.  

From the Heart:

Saying hello to someone, even if you don't know them, is a common courtesy. It means you are acknowledging their presence; you are saying that they are a person, too, and that they are important enough for you to say hello to.
Often we are tempted to keep our heads down and focus on our phones, blackberries, or i-pods. We would rather talk to people we know, miles away, than say hello to the person who is physically present with us. It is time to change that. Say hello to the person next to you in the elevator, or on the train or bus. Say good morning to people as you walk by their offices on your way to work, even if they aren't your favorite co-workers.

Benefits:

By saying hello, you are letting that person know that you noticed them, and that they matter. What a compliment!

Step It Up:

Don't stop at "Good Morning." Start a conversation with the other person, ask them how their day is going, or what their weekend plans are. Who knows, this person might just become someone special in your life, all because you took it upon yourself to say hello one morning.

Keep It Simple:

If you are shy by nature, you can simply say hello to the people you pass walking on the street. Just make eye contact and smile or nod. That is enough to make someone's day!

From the Kitchen:

No recipe today, sorry folks.  

From the Spirit:

“We should not be discouraged or depressed by our shortcomings. No one is without weakness. As part of the divine plan, we are tested to see whether we master weakness or let weakness master us. Proper diagnosis is essential to proper treatment. The Lord gave us this remarkable assurance: “Because thou hast seen thy weakness thou shalt be made strong” (Ether 12:37). But wishing for strength won’t make us strong. It takes faith and work to shore up a weakened cord of integrity.”

–Russell M. Nelson, “Integrity of Heart”, Ensign, Aug. 1995, 19

From the Schmidt's:

I am worn out today.  Sorry for the every other day postings.  It's been a rough week.  Yesterday we were crazy busy with doctors appointments and stuff.  Plus I was trying to deal with my knee and get prescriptions.  

UGH!

Let me tell you, the medication the doctor gave me is wonderful.  It's similar to Mortin, but mucho better!  I only take one per day.  It's not a controlled drug, and it's not expensive.  

LOVE IT!

My knee was a little tender and sore around my first break at work after taking the medication the night before.  So, I put some of the Deep Blue cream from do Terra on my knee and all was good.

I am always a little stiff when I get up at first, but after that, all is well.  

SO, I was a happy girl.  

Now I have to decide if I want to take this every day.  It does make me a little drowsy, even though it shouldn't.  I do notice a huge difference with the swelling around my knee!  

WOOT!  WOOT!

OR

Maybe I am just worn out today.  

Who knows?

Well, It's 9:11 p.m. and I have to be up by about 5 a.m. tomorrow and out the door by 6 a.m.
SO.....

I really need to get to bed.  

Take care, my friends and I will talk to you again soon.

Good Night.

From the Missionary:

Letter #1

Hey Dad,

I'm sorry to announce that I will be attending the Yankees game next week.  Sorry!  I held out as long as possible.  LOL!  Anyway, we are getting a lot more investigators.  It's so cool!  I sent an email to Mom's address so you can read about one of our investigators.  

Everything is good here.  I got my package!  All mail goes to the Mission Office.  Thank you so much!  I love the matching ties.  The package came Tuesday.  All mail comes on Tuesdays.  All the Hi Chews are gone and the Jelly Beans.  It was so funny....Elder Sorenson was super excited for the ties.  Thank you so much.  

How's home?  I can't watch videos for some reason, so I can't see the exploding watermelon, but I got like 2 pictures.  Oh yeah, Can you set up a couple Skype accounts or let me know if you want to just call and give me the number to call so I can contact you guys.  I will let you know the time next week probably, if I can.  Well I gotta go.  

Love you,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad


Letter #2

Hey Everyone,

How are you all?  It's crazy that I will be Skyping with you guys in a couple of weeks already.  Kinda sucks actually.  Not really, but I wish it would be a little further out.  Anyways, This last week was not the best, but things are hopefully picking up.  We usually tract buildings, but we decided to change out finding strategy up a little bit.  We set up a table with pamphlets and stuff and did some street contacting with people.  That is so scary to do at first.  The people in the Bronx are a lot more laid back then the people in Manhattan, but they are still scary to approach.  

The way we did it was by splitting up with the other missionaries in our apartment who are Spanish Elders.  We made it a competition to see who could get the most.  It was me and Elder Burr (the Gringos/White People) verses Elder Sorenson and Elder Gerra (the Morenos/Brown People)  Elder Burr and I got 5.  Two in English and one in Spanish.  Sorenson and Gerra only got one. Ha Ha!  But it was an English contact, so we were all happy to find some new potential investigators.  

Yesterday was so funny!  we actually got contacted twice.  The first guy yelled at us and kept asking us if we were born again yet.  He then preached to us forever on how people should recite the sinners prayer, so they can be born again.  It was ridiculous!  The second guy was a guy in his 20's and he knew the Bible like crazy.  He was a Catholic and just talked forever.  It got a little annoying.  

Yeah, the Bronx is awesome!  I'm not scared at all.  The people here are actually pretty nice.  Our area covers one of the richest places in the Bronx.  It's called Riverdale at the top of our area.  

Mom, the Bull on Wall Street is at the bottom of Manhattan, and I am in the Bronx.  I will try to get a picture someday though.  

Today we are going to a Yankees game and in like a month we are going again as as mission, so it will be awesome!  I'm gonna have so much Yankees stuff...shirts and hats.  Just kidding Dad!  

I'm going to attached a video of me walking to church for a meeting.  The video is super fast.  I don't know if you will be able to see it very well.  Gotta go.  Game time!

Love you all,

Elder Schmidt
Sent from my iPad


Donuts anyone?
Curtis wearing the tie we sent him.
His companion has a matching tie.  LOL!
Yankee Stadium from Curtis' seat
Another photo of Yankee Stadium
Sorry, I couldn't get the video to download.  I will try again tomorrow.  

Quote of the Day:


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...