Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Good doctors that set me straight.  

2) Cooler Weather!  LOVE THAT!

Goals for the Day:

1) Pick up fruits and veggies.  I can't keep enough in the house because Lexi keeps eating them!  Love that!

2) Get ready for our game night after the Priesthood session of conference!

3) Dinner - Chopped Garden Salad with Baked Chicken...EASY!  Love it!

4) Get to my doctor's appointment this afternoon.

From the Camera:

My son, Curtis, is out there somewhere....do you see him??

His first area is here...


It's here too...


Or here...


I hope he isn't here.  I know, I know....I shouldn't worry.  The Lord never said he wouldn't send Curtis here, right?  Chill out Mom!  Your son is going to be fine.


Have you figured out where his first area is???


My baby.....Curtis is in the BRONX!!!!!!
I bet that should give him a run for his mouth.
I have to say, that boy can talk.  I just hope he doesn't say the wrong thing to someone and end up hurt for it.  OR mugged.
Yikes!

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, here is another idea.....

What if you could help make the world a friendlier, safer place to live? Well you can, just by sharing kindness with your friends!
You can do this by making a commitment to doing more good deeds in your everyday life, or taking it one step further and spreading the word about kindness by starting a kindness club.

Benefits

Sharing the benefits of kindness with your friends will encourage them to help others, creating a network of people who are willing to help others! You and your friends can share ideas on how to be kind and provide inspiration for each other.

Step It Up

Start a kindness club at your school. Invite your classmates to discuss everyday ways to be kind. Here are some ways your kindness club can spread the word about kindness:
  • Organize food or clothing drives or other events to help needy kids.
  • Fundraise money to provide education for poor children in other countries.
  • Make t-shirts for your kindness club, to show people your commitment to helping others.
  • Give out pencils or candy to your classmates.

Keep It Simple

Share kindness with those around you, just by being kind! Your actions will influence your friends to be kind as well.

From the Kitchen:

Chopped Garden Salad with Baked Chicken & Cheese.

/2 cup diced cooked turkey or chicken
1 1/2 cups chopped lettuce
1/2 Italian tomato, chopped
1/4 cups chopped of shredded carrots
2 tablespoons chopped bell pepper
1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar cheese
a few real bacon bits
and
a few croutons too.
Add your favorite dressing


.
Spray a baking pan with Pam cooking spray, arrange chicken or turkey in dish.  Sprinkle with your choice of Ms. Dash low sodium seasoning   When chicken done baking allow to cool for about 20 minutes.  While the chicken is cooling start cutting up your vegetables.  Arrange lettuce on a plate or bowl and top with tomato, bell pepper olives and carrots.  Top with seasoned  chicken turkey, sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with a little dressing. Garnish with croutons and bacon bits if desired.
.
Nutrition Info:
.
Calories:  167
Carbs:  5 grams
Protein:  25 grams
Fat:  5 grams

From the Spirit:
At the coming of Elijah, not only was power given to the priesthood, but also hearts were to be turned: "The spirit, power, and calling of Elijah is, that ye have power to hold the key of the revelation, ordinances, oracles, powers and endowments of the fullness of the Melchizedek Priesthood and of the kingdom of God on the earth; and to receive, obtain, and perform all the ordinances belonging to the kingdom of God, even unto the turning of the hearts of the fathers unto the children, and the hearts of the children unto the fathers, even those who are in heaven."

That feeling of his heart turning has already come to my friend and to his family. It may have come to you in this meeting. You may have seen in your mind, as I have, the face of your father or your mother. It may have been a sister or a brother. It may have been a daughter or a son.

Melchizedek Priesthood holders who are fathers in sealed families have been taught what they must do. There is nothing that has come or will come into your family as important as the sealing blessings. There is nothing more important than honoring the marriage and family covenants you have made or will make in the temples of God.

The way to do that is clear. The Holy Spirit of Promise, through our obedience and sacrifice, must seal our temple covenants in order to be realized in the world to come. President Harold B. Lee explained what it means to be sealed by the Holy Spirit of Promise by quoting Elder Melvin J. Ballard: "We may deceive men but we cannot deceive the Holy Ghost, and our blessings will not be eternal unless they are also sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise. The Holy Ghost is one who reads the thoughts and hearts of men, and gives his sealing approval to the blessings pronounced upon their heads. Then it is binding, efficacious, and of full force."

When Sister Eyring and I were sealed in the Logan Utah Temple, I did not understand then the full significance of that promise. I am still trying to understand all that it means, but my wife and I decided at the start of our nearly 50 years of marriage to invite the Holy Ghost as much as we could into our lives and into our family. 
– Henry B. Eyring, “Families Under Covenant“, April 2012 General Conference
From the Schmidt's:

Today has been a long day.  Work was slow because all the people we normally deal with were out of the office due to the holiday.  So, work was so slow!  Honestly, I thought the day would NEVER end.  I had scheduled a doctor's appointment several weeks ago so I left work early. Today Kyle took me to work so he could run a few errands.  Traffic on his way to pick me up from work was really slow.  I guess there was an accident. So,he showed up late. Then on our way back to the house traffic was all jammed up.  I wanted to stop home and jump in the shower and change clothes before my appointment, but that didn't happen.  Kyle ended up taking me to the appointment.  As it is, I made it to the appointment just in the nick of time.  I saw my cardiologist today.  It was just a follow up and a prescription refill today.  BUT, we talked about a few things and why they want to run a few tests.  Now, before you go worrying, everything is fine.  They just want the tests to show that everything is fine.  I have a heart murmur and this thing that makes me short of breath if I lay flat on my back. I forget what it's called.  No wonder I prefer my sides when I sleep, right?  LOL!  I also have high blood pressure, but that is under control with medication.  I was in and out of my appointment in about 40 minutes.  She refilled my prescription for three months this time.  Love that! 

The doctor I see was not very nice the last time I was there.  She was pregnant and just kind of rude.  So, I was determined to walk out this time if she gave me attitude again.  Believe it or not, she was super nice this time.  I was so shocked!  In fact, I was stunned.  I came ready for a confrontation, but was pleasantly surprised when she was nice.  I guess pregnancy in the middle of August doesn't agree with her.  Me either.  I did that twice with Danielle and Curtis.  Summer pregnancies in Arizona are brutal!  

The cardiologist and I talked about a few things I need to do.  Simple things that will really improve my overall well being.  She was really great!  We talked about this diet I was really thinking about trying.  She said their office had considered offering the diet in their office but decided against it because they didn't feel it was morally ethical to offer.  Can you believe that?!  A doctor who decided against something even though they would make a ton of money offering it to their patients.  I was again pleasantly surprised by my cardiologist office.  Needless to say, I was pointed towards something I am all ready using and encouraged to continue using it and, "Go for it, you can do this!"  were the words that came out of his mouth next.  

Talk about a HUGE change from the last time I visited.  I walked out of their office completely stunned.  It was awesome!

Maybe I should consider this blessing #2 for having a son serving a full-time mission.  

Seriously!

Even though this most likely is like blessing 
#6543 and not just #2.
(Time to start paying closer attention to ALL the blessings....not just the bigger ones, Sondra!!!)

The rest of the evening was spent picking up a few veggies and fruit for Lexi.  I love that she eats them instead of junk, but sheesh....I can't keep them in the house for very long.  

Lexi and I made dinner together.  I chopped lettuce and cut up bell peppers.  She shredded carrots and cheese, and we each put all of our hard work in one big bowl.  Then we sliced up the chicken and assembled our chopped garden salads with baked chicken for dinner.  It was really good!  I love that she wants all of this.  

After dinner Lexi asked me to take her to the high school so we could go running.  And that's when I put up the breaks!  Oh heck no!  This girl is not running.  I will start off walking, and work up to a run.  Besides, who wants to see all of this giggling as I run.  No one!  I'm still in shock she even asked this old lady to run.  More like laughing my bum off!  That was a funny one.  I will go with her tomorrow.  I am toast tonight and besides I can barely see out of these old tired eyes.  I couldn't drive over to the school if I wanted to right now.

Well, it's been a crazy week and I need to go.  Take care and we will talk soon.  Hope you enjoy conference.  

From the Missionary:

Nothing today.  Next week....

Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...