Wednesday, March 4, 2015

What a WaCkY Wednesday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The things my parents taught me.  Yesterday Danielle mentioned something I have told her time and time again that she found herself telling someone else the same thing, word for word,recently.  Sometimes those moments when you open your mouth and your parents come out can be a good thing.  

2) Those little "ah-ha" moments that makes you so excited when answers come.  

Goals for the Day:

1) More shopping for Curtis
2) Cleaning
3) Work on my wooden door and paint it a chippy black color.  

From the Camera:

This was a photo of the volleyball team Lexi was on at Taylor.  This is what started it all for Lexi and her love of volleyball.  This photo was taken at the city championship playoffs.  Lexi's team took first place in their division. 
From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea.....

The next time you are eating out at a restaurant with friends or family take a look around you. Find another table that is almost done with their meal. When your waiter next visits your table, tell him or her you would like to buy dessert for the other table. Choose a tasty dessert on the menu, add it to your bill, then tell your waiter to keep it a secret and deliver it to the other table once you are gone. You will make their day and provide a memorable story for both you and them.

Benefits:

Occasionally having dessert after a meal is a wonderful treat. Be spontaneous and give that treat to someone else!

Step It Up:

Choose a big table with a lot of guests and order a couple of desserts for them. Make this a practice whenever you eat out! Buy dessert, coffee, a soda, an appetizer or drink for someone you don't know every time you dine out of the house or visit a coffee shop.

Keep It Simple:

Invite someone you know over for dinner and bake their favorite dessert for them as a surprise. Bring cookies or brownies with you to a doctor's appointment or to the post office and leave some for the people who help you.
From the Kitchen:

SHAMROCK JUICE

here is how you make the drink…
also – don’t you love my new counter tops?
see the best in kitchen remodeling and
update your kitchen to fit all your family’s needs
here is what you will need:
pineapple juice, sparkling lemonade, sparkling white grape juice
lime Popsicles, & green apples
add 1 part of each
cut the lime popsicles into cubes
add to the drink
{they will melt of course but that gives the drink a great green color}

slice a thin cut of apple {just to the side of the core}
& then use a shamrock shape cookie cutter
add to the side of the glass & you are good to go!
TIP: to avoid the apple browning, spritz a little lime/lemon juice on it and
prep the drink close to party time

From the Spirit:

 "If we can find forgiveness in our hearts for those who have caused us hurt and injury, we will rise to a higher level of self-esteem and well-being."



James E. Faust, The Healing Power of Forgiveness, April 2007 General Conference

From the Schmidt's:

Let's change it up a bit and answer some random questions.  See those questions and my answers below.....

1. 'In like a lion, out like a lamb'...does the first part of this saying describing March weather ring true  where you live? 
Well, I would have to say yes.  It was in the 60's and raining at the beginning of this week.  Now it's still in the 60's but it's creeping back up as the week goes on.  Thank goodness it's not like New York right now in the 30's.  Yikes!

2. March 4th is National Grammar Day. What common grammatical error bothers you the most? 
It grates against my last nerve to hear someone say I seen or I done rather than I have seen or I have done.  

3. William Arthur Ward says- 'The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.' Which one are you?

I have been all of them at times in my life but as I've gotten older I think I have become more of an optimist and a realist.  But, I think some folks often think a realist is a pessimist. ~just sayin'~
   
4. What's something you need to 'march forth and conquer' this month? 
Get Curtis out on his mission AND Kevin in to have his surgery.  That's my only priority this Month. And....remember to wish my sisters a happy birthday. 

  
5. An ongoing debate around here...do you dust first, then vacuum or vacuum first, then dust? Of the two routine household chores, which do you dislike the least? How's that for wording? 
I dust first but I do not think it matters a bit, I do it first because I am of the mindset that you clean from the top down.  Vacuuming should be last. ~no joke~

6. According to thrilllist.com, the ten most photographed sites in the U.S.A. are- Cinderella's Castle in Orlando, Southernmost House in Key West Florida, The Space Needle in Seattle, The Site of the Boston Massacre in Boston, The Bellagio Lake/fountains in Las Vegas, The Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, Coit Tower in San Fransisco, The Art Institute of Chicago, Niagara Falls, and snagging the number one spot-The Guggenheim Museum in New York City.  

How many on this list have you photographed? Which on the list would you most like to visit and photograph?
I have photographed none of the above because I haven't been to any of these sites.   But, hopefully I will have that opportunity in the future. 

7. Fifty years ago Monday (March 2, 1965) The Sound of Music premiered at the Rivoli Theatre in NYC. Have you seen the film? Do you own a copy? On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love it (or not)? Ten=best movie ever. If you're a fan, what's your favorite scene or song from the movie? 
The Sound of Music is a childhood classic, at least it was in my home growing up.  I think everyone should see it and have a copy in their home.  It's awesome!  Love it!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

What a day!  Work was a little crazy.  People were leaving left and right or dropping like flies.  One minute there were all there and the next gone.  It was odd.  I even had weird phone calls from strange people. Just odd today.  What else can I say?  I wish I could say more, but I really can't.  I could get in trouble at work for sharing anything.  So, I will leave it at that.  

When I got home I had a chance to change my clothes and jump back into the car to get to my doctor's appointment.  I am so glad she works with me on the times.  It's great!  I have to say, seeing this doctor has been great!  Loving that!  

Since tonight is a Mutual Night, Lexi was gone when I got home since I didn't get home until after \
7 p.m..  Then Curtis went with and stayed the whole time too.  I guess he was helping with something.  So, everything has been late tonight.  Dinner will happen after everyone gets home from mutual and it very well could end up being cold cereal.  Who knows??  At this point, I'm not even hungry and so I might just go to bed, but I'm not sure how the rest of the family will feel about that.  Ha Ha.  I'm sure dinner will end up being more then cold cereal.  But, if I had my way, that is what we would go with.  No stress and no big mess.  

Looks like Curtis could be done with all of his shopping for his mission things by this weekend.  That would be wonderful.  Then we could focus on all the other things he needs to do.  Like a photo for the plaque that will hand outside the Bishop's office. And a photo for my wall since the one we took the night he went through the temple was all blurry and just bad.  Writing his talk he will give in a couple weeks.  Filling out his shot record.  Getting 4 generation pedigree chart filled out.  Stuff like this.  All the things on his list.

Well, I still have things to get done.  So, I better get going.  I hope your day was a whole lot less crazy and packed full of things to do.  Hope you have a wonderful evening.  Take care and we will talk soon.

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...