Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday Happenings...

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Short work weeks.  Even though my day off will be a busy one.

2) My Heavenly Father.  I am so grateful for ALL that he has given me.

Goals for the Day:

1) Get dinner taken care of BEFORE I have to be to New Beginnings tonight for Lexi.

2) Get to New Beginnings tonight.

3) Pick up around the house.

4) Get things ready for work tomorrow.

From the Camera:

So, I've been looking for looking for something new to hang on my door this year for Easter or Spring and here are a few things I have found that I like....What do you think???



Can you imagine how long it would take to make the one above?  YIKES!  Super cute though!

I love the peeps too. 

BUT....




We have ants here in Arizona.  EVERYWHERE!
And, I don't think it would be cool for people that come to my door to be bit by ants.  Not good!

I also LOVE the bright colors of the all the egg wreaths, but
those are kind of expected, right?  

So, what to do?  I guess I will keep hunting...
Do you have fun ideas for a spring/Easter door decoration?

My big white fluffy bunny I hang every year may need to
 be retired.  I guess I just want a change...
What do you think???
This is my bunny...



My bunny has hung on our door for years now.  So, he is a little tired and worn out.  To be honest...this is bunny #2.  Bunny #1 didn't make it through a move very well, so I made another one about 7 years ago.  


See how his eyes are yellowing from the heat.  It can't be from the sun because he is always in the shade.

Here is a closer photo of his eyes...and my daughter too.
See how his eyes are yellowing.  He needs a makeover for sure.


Help a girl out.  What direction should I go.
New Wreath ?
OR
Old Bunny with a Makeover ?

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea......

Clean Your Friend's House

Offer to help clean your friend's home. Perhaps they are busy with two jobs and three kids and just haven't had time to clean. Make the decision to go over to their home one day and vacuum, do the dishes and laundry, or clean the bathrooms.
Or perhaps your friends just moved out of an apartment and don't have time to clean it before they leave for their new home. Offer to stay behind and clean it up. Cleaning someone's home is a true act of service and one that will not be forgotten.

Benefits:

A clean house makes everything better. It is easier to cook dinner if the pots are already clean and ready to go. It is easier to get the kids dressed and out the door if their clothes are clean, folded and put away in the right places. It is easy to relax in the evening when the floors have been vacuumed and the pillows are in place on the couch. You are helping make someone's life easier and more fulfilling by spending just an hour or two of your time helping your friend.

Step It Up:

When you go over to your friends house to clean, bring a meal along as well. Let them know you put it in the refrigerator or freezer and that they have one less meal to cook that week. Or bring some flowers to help brighten up the place.

Keep It Simple:

Let someone borrow your vacuum or other cleaning equipment and supplies to clean their home. Sometimes simply not having the right supplies can make cleaning much more daunting than necessary.
From the Kitchen:

Tater Tot Casserole






From the Spirit:

“We must remember that much spiritual growth does not occur suddenly but rather through time and experience. The encouraging message of the gospel is that God does not often require us to perform sensational or extraordinary deeds but rather to try to do better today than we did yesterday. He is mindful of our desires, our determination, and our direction as well as of our deeds.” 
–Brent L. Top, “A Balanced Life”, Ensign Apr. 2005, 26

From the Schmidt's: 

Let's do a few random questions....here we go....

1. This coming weekend is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week. Do you celebrate Easter in your home? What was your favorite Easter tradition as a child? 

We do celebrate Easter, but I was taught that the Atoning Sacrifice of Jesus Christ is very important, but so was his life.  So, we do not "celebrate" Easter the same way others do.  YES, the Easter season is spent learning more about the life of Christ, the Atonement and the death of Christ, as well as the significants that His Atoning Sacrifice plays in the life of each and every individual that walks the face of this earth.  Think about it.  Jesus Christ suffered for every single sin every person commits on this earth.  That is A LOT of people.  The Atoning Sacrifice was the supreme expression of  the love our Heavenly Father has for each and every one of us.  THAT'S RIGHT!  I said EVERYONE.  Not a select few.  What a blessing it is in my life and in the lives of so many.  

SO, again, Yes, we celebrate Easter, but we talk about the blessings we receive because of the events that took place in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary, as well as at the sepulchre when Christ was Resurrected.  BUT, these are things we talk about and review each and every single Sunday in the LDS church when we take the Sacrament.  Easter means we talk about these things on a much grander scale.  

We also celebrate with the traditional Easter baskets, a family dinner, and all those fun Easter traditions too.  In a sense, Easter is a HUGE thing for a Mormon.  A very Huge thing.

One of my fondest memories as a child was waking up to huge homemade Easter baskets my Mom would put together every Easter Sunday.  My Grandmother was always great at buying me new Easter clothes once in a while too....OR my mother made me a new dress, but I always had a new Easter dress to go to church in.  

Then when we got home from church we would change clothes and head over to my Grandparents house for another Easter basket and a large dinner.  Grandma would make a Ham with all the trimmings and we sat at the dining room table and enjoyed each other's company.  It was the best!

Grandma was an excellent cook, and so is my mother.  So, everything was always very yummy!
Oh, how I miss those days.

2. George Weinberg is quoted as saying, 'Hope never abandons you, you abandon it.' Agree or disagree? Share your own thoughts on the word hope. 

I agree.  In our everyday language, the word Hope often has a hint of uncertainty.  For example, we may say that we hope for a change in the weather of a visit from a friend.  In the language of the gospel of Jesus Christ, however, the word hope is sure, unwavering, and active.  So, in the gospel sense of the word Hope, I agree....WE abandon hope and our Heavenly Father.  Hope and our Heavenly will NEVER abandon us.  


3. Weigh in with a yay or nay on the traditional Easter candies. A solid milk chocolate bunny? Cadbury Creme Eggs? Peeps? Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs? Jellybeans? Coconut Cream Eggs? Of the candies listed, which one would you most like to find in your Easter basket?

I would say Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs, a solid milk chocolate bunny, and jelly beans make my basket....as well as some gum eggs.  AND malted milk eggs too.  I do love the mixture of peanut butter and chocolate but ONLY of the Reese's brand.

4. When did you last feel 'like a kid in a candy store'? 

Oh, I would say it's be a while.  Once in a while I get that way when I visit a thrift store and I see something I can improve on and make beautmus....that's also about the time my children (because I always take one or two of them with me to those places) says, "No, Mom!"
I'm hoping for a little bit of that kid in the candy store feeling when we finally get that settlement.  It's not huge or anything.  I just want to be able to get a couple little things.  Nothing major.

5. What's something you know you do differently than most people? Does that bother you? Does it bother other people? 

Interesting question..........I'm quite sure I do a lot of things differently than most but the one thing that first entered my mind is how I do my dishes.  I always wash my dishes in the sink and then put them in the dishwasher to sterilize them.  I never trust the dishwasher to get all of the gook off of my dishes....and beides, washing them first cuts down on water spots and build up. I think it all stems from all the rentals we have been in.  Let's face it, some people just do not put the best quality of dishwashers in their rental homes.  
~ to each his own~

  6. Palm Springs CA, Palm Beach FL, or the PALMetto State...of the three mentioned, which sunny spot would you most like to visit right now? Which have you visited at one time or another? 

Probably Palm Springs, California since it's the closest to our home. 

7. If you could change the length of a day would you lengthen it or shorten it? Tell us why.

Hummm.........I can think of a few days that I would love to have shortened for sure and some I would like to have lengthened.  But, in general, I think days are just about the right length and I can usually get everything done in the hours allotted and then enjoy some "down time."  And, if I don't get it all done it's likely I got all I "needed" to get done. ~big smile~ 

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Kyle witnessed a car - bike accident this afternoon as he was running an errand.  Luckily the lady riding the bike was not hurt.  AND good thing Kyle was there to witness the whole thing too.

I'm sitting in the foyer of our church waiting for New Beginnings to start.  It's pretty quiet here except for an occasional run through from a little boy on the lose from his Mom.  He's having fun.  I remember the days of running the halls of the church when I was a little girl.  Those were the days!  It's nice to see that those kinds of things still happen.  Love it!

From the Missionary:

Sorry...nothing today.  Two more days.  

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...