Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday (exactly 1 week to go)

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The blessings I have received.

2) A Heavenly Father who loves me and knows me better than anyone else.

Goals for the Day:

1) Groceries.
2) Clean, Clean, Clean
3) Remind Curtis to make his phone calls.  He needs to call people to stand in the circle when he gets set apart as a missionary next Tuesday!!!
4) Paperwork notarized and mailed back to the attorney.  (he finally got it to us!  Now the waiting game. It could take them another 30 days.  Arg!)

From the Camera:

I absolutely love this photo!  It's so cool!
The angel Moroni.  

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea....

There are so many everyday accessories and toiletries we take for granted - toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, deodorant.
Imagine how you would feel if you didn't have access to these small things. Well, many people in your community can't afford these things. By donating even the smallest items to those who don't have them, you'll be providing someone with a greater sense of self-worth. Simple accessories you may take for granted could be greatly appreciated by those who are less fortunate. Maybe your support will open a door that will give that person a change to get a job or give them a fresh start to a new life.

Step It Up

Pack toothbrushes, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, snacks, gloves and warm socks in backpacks and hand them out to the homeless in your city.

Keep It Simple

Donate toiletry items to your local homeless shelter.

From the Kitchen:
Churro Waffles
                                                                                                                             
 Ingredients
 
1 teaspoon salt     
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups warm milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 shakes of cinnamon

For the churro topping.....
1 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of cinnamon (depending upon how much you love cinnamon!)
1/2 cup of melted butter

        

                                                               Directions                            

  1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.  Also at this time you can combine your churro topping and set it aside. Preheat waffle iron

      2.In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture;  Next fold in three shakes of cinnamon beat until blended

       3. At this time you can also melt your 1/2 cup of butter used to pour over waffles. Next generously spray your waffle iron with no stick cooking spray. Than ladle the batter into a preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Once fully cooked immediately pour melted butter on each side of the waffle and than dip each buttered side into your cinnamon/sugar churro mixture. 

4. Devour immediately!...... I mean serve immediately, Enjoy!

Oh and I drizzled my waffles with a little extra syrup at the end. Although this waffle is obviously sweet enough, those with a definite sweet tooth can give it a whirl! In the end though I thought they were perfecto without the Dulce ( sweet) extras.
From the Spirit:

The Woman and the Fork


There was a young woman who had been diagnosed with a terminal illness and had been given three months to live. So as she was getting her things ‘in order,’ she contacted her Pastor and had him come to her house to discuss certain aspects of her final wishes.
She told him which songs she wanted sung at the service, what scriptures she would like read, and what outfit she wanted to be buried in.
Everything was in order and the Pastor was preparing to leave when the young woman suddenly remembered something very important to her.
‘There’s one more thing,’ she said excitedly..
‘What’s that?’ came the Pastor’s reply.
‘This is very important,’ the young woman continued. ‘I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand.’
The Pastor stood looking at the young woman, not knowing quite what to say.
That surprises you, doesn’t it?’ the young woman asked.
‘Well, to be honest, I’m puzzled by the request,’ said the Pastor.
The young woman explained. ‘My grandmother once told me this story, and from that time on I have always tried to pass along its message to those I love and those who are in need of encouragement. In all my years of attending socials and dinners, I always remember that when the dishes of the main course were being cleared, someone would inevitably lean over and say, ‘Keep your fork.’ It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming…like velvety chocolate cake or deep-dish apple pie. Something wonderful, and with substance!’
So, I just want people to see me there in that casket with a fork in my hand and I want them to wonder ‘What’s with the fork?’ Then I want you to tell them: ‘Keep your fork ..the best is yet to come.’
The Pastor’s eyes welled up with tears of joy as he hugged the young woman good-bye. He knew this would be one of the last times he would see her before her death. But he also knew that the young woman had a better grasp of heaven than he did. She had a better grasp of what heaven would be like than many people twice her age, with twice as much experience and knowledge. She KNEW that something better was coming.
At the funeral people were walking by the young woman’s casket and they saw the cloak she was wearing and the fork placed in her right hand. Over and over, the Pastor heard the question, ‘What’s with the fork?’ And over and over he smiled.
During his message, the Pastor told the people of the conversation he had with the young woman shortly before she died. He also told them about the fork and about what it symbolized to her. He told the people how he could not stop thinking about the fork and told them that they probably would not be able to stop thinking about it either.
He was right. So the next time you reach down for your fork let it remind you, ever so gently, that the best is yet to come.

From the Schmidt's:

Well...we are down to the final few days before 
things gets very real around here.  

From Sunday to Wednesday we are going 
to be busy and time will pass by quickly.
  
I'm so glad I took Monday through Thursday off.  

The action will start as soon as I get off work this Friday.  

We will be cleaning carpets.  I told family that I wasn't doing an open house for Curtis unless we get the carpets cleaned.  They need really need it.  Thank goodness for rug doctor. 

 Danielle's boyfriend does carpet cleaning for a living, but the company he works for charges $400 for the two rooms I want to clean, and he prefers not to clean carpet for family.  
Frankly, I don't blame him.  
SO, I will spend the $40 to rent a rug doctor and use the carpet cleaning chemicals I have. 
 
I am a-okay with that. 

 It will do the trick and that is all that matters. Plus the weather is perfect for it.  It's going to be in the 90's this weekend and that should help the drying process.  YES!  I am just glad to get it done.

  I am a happy camper!

We have been asking Curtis all week what he wants special for dinner or desserts before he leaves.  

The only thing he said was my Chicken Fetticine Alfredo.  

That will be made on Saturday!  
The white sauce will be home made from scratch.  
My grandmother would be so proud of me.  
She made everything from scratch.  

Monday we will be making a final trip to Matta's with the family, compliments of my mother-in-law.  She wants to to take the our entire family out.  So, who could pass up a trip to Matta's? 
 
Not this family. 

 ~smile~smile~smile~

We have a lot to do.  

I need to go.  Sorry to cut this short.
Okay, shorter than usual.  LOL!

Take care and we will talk again soon.
I promise.  

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...