Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Tuesday Happenings!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Busy work days.  They make the day go by faster.
2) Vacation Days!  So I can spend time with my family before Curtis leaves.

Goals for the Day:

1) Clean
2) Clean
3) Paint

From the Camera:

My boys.  Can you tell which one is Curtis?

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea.  One I never would have thought of as an act of kindness myself.  Check it out....

As seasons change and styles change many of us have items in our closet that no longer fit our body or our wardrobe!  Make an effort to find unused items in your closets and drawers and donate them to a local shelter or charity organization.

Benefits

Not only will you feel better with cleaning out items that have been taking up space in your closet, but you will be providing a new item of clothing to someone in need which, in turn, makes them feel better about themselves.

Step It Up

Once you're done cleaning out your space, how about asking friends, family and neighbors to do a little cleaning.  You can offer to take all of the clothing to the local shelter on their behalf so they don't have to think about it!  How rewarding will it feel to drop off bags of clothing that you helped collect? 

Keep it simple

Does cleaning out your entire closet feel like a daunting task?  How about just going through your shoes, or a stack of sweaters?  Perhaps you could tackle the linen closet?  There is almost always something in our homes that we don't need which someone else would be happy to have.

From the Kitchen:




From the Spirit:

Enhancing Personal Revelation

One of the great lessons that each of us needs to learn is to ask. Why does the Lord want us to pray to Him and to ask? Because that is how revelation is received.
When I am faced with a very difficult matter, this is how I try to understand what to do. I fast. I pray to find and understand scriptures that will be helpful. That process is cyclical. I start reading a passage of scripture; I ponder what the verse means and pray for inspiration. I then ponder and pray to know if I have captured all the Lord wants me to do. Often more impressions come with increased understanding of doctrine. I have found that pattern to be a good way to learn from the scriptures.
There are some practical principles that enhance revelation. First, yielding to emotions such as anger or hurt or defensiveness will drive away the Holy Ghost. Those emotions must be eliminated, or our chance for receiving revelation is slight.
Another principle is to be cautious with humor. Loud, inappropriate laughter will offend the Spirit. A good sense of humor helps revelation; loud laughter does not. A sense of humor is an escape valve for the pressures of life.
Another enemy to revelation comes from exaggeration or loudness in what is stated. Careful, quiet speech will favor the receipt of revelation.
On the other hand, spiritual communication can be enhanced by good health practices. Exercise, reasonable amounts of sleep, and good eating habits increase our capacity to receive and understand revelation. We will live for our appointed life span. However, we can improve both the quality of our service and our well-being by making careful, appropriate choices.
It is important that our daily activities do not distract us from listening to the Spirit.
Revelation can also be given in a dream when there is an almost imperceptible transition from sleep to wakefulness. If you strive to capture the content immediately, you can record great detail, but otherwise it fades rapidly. Inspired communication in the night is generally accompanied by a sacred feeling for the entire experience. The Lord uses individuals for whom we have great respect to teach us truths in a dream because we trust them and will listen to their counsel. It is the Lord doing the teaching through the Holy Ghost. However, He may in a dream make it both easier to understand and more likely to touch our hearts by teaching us through someone we love and respect.
– Richard G. Scott, “How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration for your Personal Life“, April 2012 General Conference
From the Schmidt's:

Today was especially brutal.  I handled 105 calls today.  Which is a lot of calls, considering what we do.  Not only did I handle all these calls, but I also handled all the team emails, and the team processing queue as well as my own queue, and the personal queue for a teammate that was out of the office today.  It was so busy.
To say I am glad to be home from work would be an understatement.  

I need a nap!  

Thankfully my eyes are not so strained and sore that I can't even keep them open.  I hate it when that happens.  BUT, another day like today, and it could happen.  I need to remember to wear the glasses tomorrow.

Curtis has been waiting for some of the things we ordered to come through the mail, FedEx, or UPS.  Nothing came for him today.  I had to order some things from JC Penney, Nordstroms, Deseret Book, Seagull Book, Amazon, and a couple specialty shops.

Curtis needed scripture covers for his new set of scriptures.  He got the Bible and the Triple Combination separate so he could open both books at the same time to study.  His Dad has his scriptures in separate books for this purpose too.  

We also ordered this side bag from a specialty shop that Curtis has been wanting.  Apparently, they do not want him carrying a backpack.  He has to carry a "side bag".  

Then we ordered an ordinance card from the church bookstore and a CTR ring.  The ordinance card is something he can put in his wallet to refer to anytime.  This information will be in his "white missionary handbook" but I thought this could be handy too.

We ordered snow boots from Nordstroms because we couldn't find them anywhere.  Thankfully they were on sale.  Then we ordered his winter coat from JC Penney's and it too was on sale.  His sweaters, scarf, gloves, and ear muffs all are coming from Amazon.  
I can't believe you can't find snow boots, a winter coat for cold weather, scarfs, gloves and ear muffs in Arizona.  

Can you believe that???

It's all good.  

We have been waiting on this settlement from Kevin's attorney, but it hasn't come yet.  The attorney had Kevin come down to his office to sign some papers and then promised to get back to him to sign one more document, but that hasn't happened yet.  It looks like the settlement will not be here until well after Curtis leaves.  Arg!

Thankfully my check was a little extra due to a bonus I received.  So, pretty much all of it went to pay for the iPod Curtis will pick up at the MTC, the first month of his mission, and my tithing.

This shopping I have been talking about is actually happening because my mother-in-law agreed to let us use her credit card with the intention of us giving her a check to hold until the settlement comes.  I still have all my normal bills to pay and that isn't going to happen until the settlement arrives.  Not good!  I am very grateful my mother-in-law offered to do this, but at the same time I didn't want to have have to do that.  She has done enough for us over the years.  

The other good thing that has helped is that Kyle got his tax return and has been able to help with a few things.  He has been treating his brother and sister to pizza once in a while for lunch, which was nice.  Frankly, we are all tired of pizza.  But it's quick.  He too will be paid back as soon as this settlement arrives.  Thank you!  

Yes, I am grateful for all the help we have received.  Very grateful.
We couldn't make it without all the help.  Honestly, between our ward, my parents, my children, and now my mother-in-law, I don't know how we would have made it.  They have all been amazing.  My ward.  I cannot say enough about all that they have done.  I still need to thank everyone, but every time I think I will remember, something always comes up.  

One of my visiting teachers brought dinner over about a week and a half ago and I still haven't thanked her.  I need to.  I intended to do that this Sunday, but Kevin was not good and Kyle and Curtis both wanted to go to church, so I stayed home with Kevin.  (Kevin fell really hard while I was out shopping with Curtis)  I just hope everyone knows just how much I do appreciate everything.  They are all amazing!  Thank you.

I have a lot to do....cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.  I came home today thinking I could see more progress and all I saw was one son sleeping on the couch because he was up too late last night, the other playing on the X Box because it finally was returned by UPS after it was sent in for repair.  You know, it's like getting to know an old friend.  Then there was Lexi on my computer working on her school work.  So, needless to say, I was a bit disappointed.  

I guess I know what we will be doing after dinner tonight.  ~smile~smile~

You all take care.  Hope you have a great day.

Quote of the Day:





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...