Thursday, March 5, 2015

THURSDAY Happenings

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The choices I've made in my life so far.  Sure, I am far from perfect and I do not have it all, but my life is EXTREMELY blessed!

2) Good friends who make me laugh.

Goals for the Day:

1) Just make it through my day at work today.
2) Get a few things done around the house.  De-clutter!  Someone mentioned that they hire a maid service to come in once in a while for about $150 two maids and two hours of work and their house is spit-spot clean.  I may have to try this someday.
3) Make a master to-do list of things to get done before Curtis leaves.

From the Camera:



Can you believe it's almost St Patrick's Day?  I can hardly believe it.  This year is flying by too. Vi thought last year went by fast too.  Fun Fun!

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another great idea....

Air travel can be quite frustrating these days with long lines at security and over-booked flights. You can help make someones experience better. If your flight is over-booked, volunteer to take the next one.
Or if there is a group that wishes to sit together, offer to trade seats even if it means you take a middle seat for the duration of the flight. Help someone carry and stow their luggage on the plane. If you brought snacks on board, offer some to the person seated next to you. There are any number of things you can do to help make flying a more pleasant experience.

Benefits:

When your flight is over-booked and you volunteer to take the next one, often the airline will offer you a free flight to use later. You are helping someone else get to their destination in a timely matter, you are helping the airline employees diffuse a potentially difficult situation, and you potentially get a free flight. Everyone wins!

Step It Up:

Don't wait for the airline employees to ask you to move; go up to the gate and say if there is a group that would like to sit together, that they are welcome to use your seat to make it happen. If you have more time in the airport because you volunteered to take the next flight, go buy a snack and offer it to the airline employee who helped you. Chances are they could use a snack, too.

Keep It Simple:

Once on the plane if you see someone struggling with their luggage offer to help. Or if you are seated in the window or aisle seat, offer to trade with the person in the middle seat.You don't have to wait to be on board a plane to help. This same kindness works wonders on all forms of public transportation.

From the Kitchen:

Cajun Chicken Alfredo


Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2 tsp Tony Chachere's creole seasoning 
2 tsp Hickory liquid smoke
4 TBSP unsalted butter 
8 oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
4 green onions, chopped
3 cups heavy cream
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8 oz pasta measured dry, cooked al dente
parsley for garnish

Directions
Sprinkle raw Chicken strips with the Cajun seasoning and liquid smoke.  Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add chicken strips and chicken for 5 minutes.  Add the mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, and green onions.  Cook for 3 more minutes, stirring every  minute.  Add cream and seasonings. Bring to a boil.  Stir and reduce heat.  Simmer for 20 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley.  Toss with noodles and serve.

From the Spirit:

Sometimes, ...great blessings come to those who are faithful. We should be grateful for all the tender mercies that come into our lives. We are unaware of hosts of blessings that we receive from day to day. It is extremely important that we have a spirit of gratitude in our hearts. – Quentin L. Cook, “The Songs They Could Not Sing,” Ensign (CR) October 2011

From the Schmidt's:

This has been an odd day.  One I will be glad when it's over.  Glad when I am finally home.  This weekend we will be spending our Saturday shopping for the remaining things Curtis needs for his mission.  Lots to do!  But it's a good thing.  

I had a good conversation with my doctor yesterday.  It was nice.  I am so glad I get to see her.  She is awesome and I appreciate her so much!  

Kevin has another form to sign with the attorney.  Then we have no idea how long it will be before we are completely done with this.  It's been a full year.  Wow!  

My head is spinning.  So much to do.  I keep glancing at the booklet Curtis received from Salt Lake with all the information about his mission.  I have to try and remember to order his driving record from the DMV, fill out his shot record, and complete a 4 generation pedigree chart.  Not to mention, open a checking account, take photos and, and, and.......As well as make sure all the other things are bought, washed, and packed.  Then there is his ticket and extra money for the airport shuttle in Salt Lake, as well as the money needed to pay for checking his baggage each time he steps on a plane.  Hence the reason for a checking account he any myself are on.  That way I deposit funds and take care of anything that might come up with the account, and Curtis can spend the money.  Isn't that the way it always is with kids?  Ha Ha.  When Kyle left on his mission we opened accounts where I work.  That way we could have online access to the accounts and I could transfer money with the click of a mouse and the money would be available right away.  It was nice.  I would get his email on Monday's telling me about things he needed and I would transfer funds immediately.  It was lovely!  BUT, we are not banking with my employer anymore.  Mostly because I need something local right near my house.  Now I will have to get in the car and add money.  Not nearly as easy but it will be good.  

Saturday morning Kevin, Kyle and Curtis will be going to the temple.  I would go, but we have a lot more going on that day.  Shopping for mission, then a wedding reception that night for our Bishop's son.  He is marrying the daughter of a friend from High School for Kevin and a friend of mine from the Young Adult Stake Presidency I served in with.  Funny how paths cross sometimes.  Not to mention how long Kevin has known our Bishop and his wife.  Kevin was good friends with our Bishop's brother all through Junior High and High School.  Now we run into them at wedding receptions and funerals.  Funny how that happens too.  

I had an odd dream last night.  I woke up saying to myself that I was going to die at the age of 64.  At least I think it was a dream.  I'm not sure where that number came from.  Kevin said it has to be a dream.  I told him I was going to pray about it because I wasn't sure if my "dream" was telling me I would die at that age or Kevin?  Yikes!  I don't like having this age stuck in my head.  It's a little spooky.  If this is true I only have 17 years left.  Yikes again!!!!  

What do you say after that last paragraph?  How do to move on from there?  I guess you don't.  
So, I think I will end here.  Take care my friends.  Be safe and do something fun and exciting today.  Make this a day to remember.  Talk to you soon.   (i'm off to the DMV website....)

Quote of the Day:






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...