Friday, March 6, 2015

Thanks Goodness It's Friday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1)  Tender mercies from the Lord.  I love those little ah-ha moments when I can see more clearly, understand more deeply, and cope better with my day to day life.

2)  The blessings the Gospel of Jesus Christ bring into my life.  I am so grateful.

Goals for the Day:

1) Just get through this day.  
2) Shop, Shop, Shop.  What more can I say.  We still have more to do for Curtis and his mission.  I'm not sure I see an end in sight yet.  Sheesh!  Just keep shopping, just keep shopping, shopping, shopping.  (to the tune of "Just Keep Swimming" from the Movie Finding Nemo.....HA HA)
3) Paint the rest of my little door that light blue color, so I can paint the whole thing black and then distress it so the light blue comes through.  Can't wait to have it done!

From the Camera:


Love this game!  Great family game!  For any age.  It's a great game to teach little kids all kinds of things about geography, math, spelling, patterns, and so much more.  Give it a try....





From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another great idea....

We all get busy with our own lives. Sometimes we get so busy that we let friendships fade. Today, take a few minutes to reconnect to someone you haven't talked to in a while. Write them a quick postcard or letter to let them know you were thinking about them. They will appreciate the gesture and it will make their day.

From the Kitchen:



Irish cream swirl brownie recipe

Makes 16 servings

Ingredients:

  • 1 package (18 to 20 ounces) fudge brownie mix
  • 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tablespoons flour
  • 1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color

Directions:

  1. Prepare brownie mix as directed on package, adding vanilla. Reserve one cup batter. Spread remaining batter in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
  2. Beat cream cheese, flour and sugar in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add Irish cream liqueur, egg and food color; beat until well blended. Pour over brownie layer in pan. Drop reserved one cup batter by the spoonful over cream cheese layer. Cut through batter with knife several times for marble effect.
  3. Bake as directed on package for 9-inch square baking pan. Cool in pan.
From the Spirit:
opressed-opened-not-his-mouth
I was recently talking with someone about the atonement and they talked about how it was SO hard to feel that the Savior had suffered for them.  How it almost made them sick to think that someone else had suffered for them.

I can relate. 

None of us want someone else to be in pain because of something we did.  None of us want to cause harm to someone else, and it makes us at least uneasy to think about that happening.

But, that does not change the reality.  He did suffer for me.  For my mistakes.  For my weaknesses.  For my insecurities.

Over 2000 years ago Jesus Christ suffered for me.

While He had every right to complain, every right to rebuke those that afflicted him, he did not.
Because He loves me.

Because He wants me to be able to return to Heavenly Father… and this was the only way.  So he completed his task.  His atoning sacrifice for all mankind......for me.

What a blessing it is to know what the Atonement means.  What peace and comfort this blessing brings.

There is nothing more powerful than knowing and feeling that in my life (when I am strong enough to face it, and strong enough to admit it).

I am grateful today for the Easter season.  And I look forward to that Good Friday when Jesus completed his task for me.

I pray you may take some time today and the coming days before this Easter season to get on your knees and feel His personal atonement for you.

From the Schmidt's:

Can I tell you.  I am so glad it's Friday!  
You have no idea.  This has been a strange week.  
One I am so glad is finally over.  So glad!  

I made it through.  That is all that matters!

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I had a situation come up in my personal life recently that really kind of derailed me.  I can honestly say, I was doing pretty good until this issue.  Now I feel like I have taken about 20 steps back and now I have to start all over again.  

The situation isn't something I have shared and I really don't think I ever will.  It hit me hard.  BUT, I think the thing that hit me the hardest was how some people very close to me reacted to my little situation.  Because of that, I closed myself off from things.  I retreated.  It hit me pretty hard.  

The only thing that was able to snap me out of it was answers I received from my Heavenly Father.  Those tender mercies.  Those moments when answers come.  Today, more answers came.  Nothing quite like the first, but answer still came.  I am so grateful for that.  It is moments like these that remind me just how much my Heavenly Father loves me and wants to see me happy.  It also reminds me that I have a Heavenly Father who is anxious to bless me.  With things like those tender mercies today.  Love that.  

Now, my little situation has not gone away.  In fact, it's been a little worse in some ways.  BUT, with the help and guidance from my Heavenly Father I have been able to get through to this point where I am today.  And I hope to continue through to the other side.  

Have you noticed the full moon outside lately?  I just noticed it today.  It's so bright in the mornings on my drive into work.  You should check it out.  

Danielle came over tonight.  She wasn't here for very long.  Just long enough to walk her dog and leave.  She is sick and needed to get home.

Looks like we might get some shopping done tonight.  Yippee!  
Look out world, here we come!  We have so much to do.

Well, I better get.  Take care and we will talk again soon.

Quote of the Day:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...