Thursday, March 12, 2015

6 more days....


Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) My LIFE!  Sure, I may not know why we go through some of the things we go through.  And maybe you may think we have a black cloud hovering over our house.  BUT, I would not change a thing.  My mother has always told me that someday these experiences may be something I will be able to draw from to help someone else later on....or my experiences will help me be more sensitive to someone else in need.  I have seen this happen time and time again in my life.  Thanks mom for always reminding me to keep hope alive.

2) My strength and determination to NOT listen to those people who enjoy pointing out that they see a black cloud hovering over our home.  Really?  All that statement does is tell my more about YOU then I wanted to know.

Goals For the Day:

1) Just get through the day!  My eyes are so sore today.  I even tried the glasses.  They just hurt.  With the time change at work and not being able to get to sleep as well as certain kinds of work my eyes are crying the blues.  Hence the reason to Just Get Through It.

I talked to a lady yesterday who fell asleep at the wheel of her car in the middle of traffic in Sacramento, California.  She said she woke up with her foot on the break.  Luckily she did not get into an accident.  She is a very lucky lady.  Very scared, but very lucky.  This is the kind of thing I worry about when my eyes hurt this bad.  I don't want that happening to me.  This person I was talking to today said she left work at lunch and went home to finish out her day.  She didn't want to run the risk of that happening again on her way home later that evening.  She took a nap and did some work and was much better today.  Thank goodness.  

2) Clean something

3) Laundry

From the Camera:

This is where Curtis will be next week for about 18 days.  After that, it's off to New York!  Go Curtis.  Kevin sent me a text today.  I guess Curtis was a little freaked out this morning about the whole mission thing.  It's starting to really hit him. Thankfully Kevin was home to talk to him and give him a blessing.  My husband struggles with feeling that he cannot contribute to our family right now.  Let me tell you, he did more today than most fathers could ever do.  I am so grateful Kevin was there for Curtis.  It means so much having a husband who holds the  Priesthood in our home to bless all of our lives.  I am so proud of both of them.  Curtis for coming to his dad for help, and Kevin for acting quickly to help Curtis.  Love that!




From the Heart:


During the evening or night, tape coins to various places on a playground, and let the kids discover the hidden fortunes the next day.

Can you imagine how excited those kids would be if you did this?  It doesn't have to cost a lot.  Maybe under five dollars, but oh the joy you will share.  Give it a try.

From the Kitchen:


Starbucks Lemon Loaf

1 1/2 cup(s) FLOUR
1/2 teaspoon(s) BAKING SODA
1/2 teaspoon(s) BAKING POWDER
1/2 teaspoon(s) SALT
3 EGGS
1 cup(s) SUGAR
2 tablespoon(s) BUTTER; Softened.
1 teaspoon(s) VANILLA
1 teaspoon(s) LEMON EXTRACT
1/3 cup(s) LEMON JUICE
1/2 cup(s) OIL (recommend coconut oil)
LEMON ICING
1 cup(s) POWDERED SUGAR; Plus 1 Tablespoon.
2 tablespoon(s) WHOLE MILK; I Used 2%.
1/2 teaspoon(s) LEMON EXTRACT

Instructions

Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
Use a mixer to blend together the eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
Pour wet ingredient into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
Add oil and mix well.
Pour batter into a well greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick stuck into center of the cake comes out clean.
Make the lemon icing by combining all the icing ingredients in a small bowl with an electric mixer on low speed.
When the loaf is cool, remove it from pan and frost the top with the icing.
Let the icing set up before slicing.

From the Spirit:

We Are Not Third Party Observers of the Priesthood 

“I hope our granddaughters and grandsons grow up knowing that they are not and have never been third-party observers of the priesthood. The blessings of the priesthood, which ‘are available to men and women alike’ (Dallin H. Oaks, “Priesthood Authority in the Family and the Church,” Ensign, Nov. 2005, 26), are woven in and through and around their lives. Each of them is blessed by sacred ordinances, and each of them can enjoy the blessings of spiritual gifts by virtue of the priesthood.”
–Julie B. Beck, “An Outpouring of Blessings,” Ensign, May 2006, 11

From the Schmidt's:

Today was not as busy as yesterday at work but my eyes are super sore.  Not even the glasses are helping.  I hate it when that happens.  I came home with the idea of taking a nap and waking up as soon as my show came on.  That didn't happen.  Curtis wanted my help to pack his suitcases today.  I wanted to wait until Tuesday, but he is anxious.  So, we packed.  We did better then I thought we would.  I thought we would be stuffing stuff into his suitcases.  Not at all!  Thank goodness.  He has more stuff then Kyle had, but we must have bigger suitcases or something.  Love that!

Curtis has his talk written.  We have carpets to clean and a few other things tomorrow.  THEN....Saturday, Curtis, Kyle, and Kevin will make a visit to the temple, first thing in the morning.  Curtis needs to go, as often as he can before he leaves.  

We found out we will have some family coming in from Utah for the Farewell.  That's awesome!  We are excited to see them.  They should be in town some time on Saturday.  YES!!

Kevin plans to go to lunch with his old boss sometime tomorrow.  They were going to get together last week, but Kevin wasn't up for it.  Both of them need to get out of the house and spent some time just enjoying each other's company.  It will be good.  Kevin needs this and so does our friend.  I hope they both have a good time.

Lexi is all done with her first session of classes.  Next Monday she starts her second session.  She will take the second half of her English class, Geometry, and Biology.  It will be good.  She finished out both of her classes very strong.  She got an A in the one class, and a very high B in the second class.  Go Lexi!  AND she learned a lot!  I am very proud of her for giving it her all.  That is all we can ask.  Just do your best.  Now she is one step closer to reaching her goal.  Love that!

I have to say, I am so glad tomorrow is Friday.  One more day and then this mission thing becomes a reality.  I have to admit, I was having trouble with this the other day in the middle of work.  I sent Kevin a text to tell him I was having issues.  I didn't have this kind of issue when Kyle left.  I think it's because I know what it means to have a child leave on a mission now.  It's kind of like child birth.  The first time everything is new and you have absolutely no idea what you are really in for.  The second time, you know.  Then by the time it's too late to change your mind, you have a mini panic attack because you know what is about to happen.  Well, it's the same kind of feeling with your second missionary.  I guess you could say I was having a mini panic attack.  I'm much better now.  I'm sure Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I will have issues again.  BUT....it's all good!  I wouldn't change this for the world.  A general authority once visited our stake and said that sending a child on a mission means that they will receive over 4000 hours of on the job training.  That is a must for as many of my children that have a desire and are determined to serve a full time mission.  I love that!

Well, I am typing as I watch my show.....Scandal.
I still have a lot to do.  Cleaning, Laundry, and getting my things in order for work tomorrow.   I really should go.  Sorry to cut this short.  Really I am.  

Take care my friends.  Please know I do appreciate all of you and think of you all daily.  I hope you have a wonderful day.  We will talk again soon.

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...