Monday, February 9, 2015

What a way to start a Monday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Great Emergency Room staff that do all they can to help my husband.

2) My children who jump to it at a moments notice to help their parents. 

From the Camera:

I absolutely love this sign.  I think I would change it a bit to say "you + me baby, stuck like glue".  Love this.  
My sister-in-law reminded me how easy it would be to make.  A frame, some vinyl, and maybe even a piece of scrapbook paper that looks like the background.  I so want to make one.  Time to get my cricket out.  



From the Heart:

Do you know how your personal choices can influence how the environment behaves? Do you have habits you can change in order to help the environment?
As our society continues to grow technologically, our carbon footprints are also growing. But many people don't know or care about the impact they have on the environment. To reduce environmental pollution, we must first understand what it is, and the part we play in it.

Benefits

Since we share the world we live in and the resources it produces with others, being mindful of how we treat the environment is important to those around us. Measuring your carbon footprint is the first step to finding out how you can protect the world you live in

Step it Up

Measure your carbon footprint and make a list of the ways you can help reduce your environmental trail. Tell your friends and family about how their choices can affect the environment. Encourage them to measure their own carbon footprints.

Keep it Simple

Measure your carbon footprint and find out ways you can help reduce environmental pollution.

From the Kitchen:


BAKED CHOCOLATE CAKE DONUTS
 

 
PREP TIME
COOK TIME
TOTAL TIME
 

Serves: about 12 donuts
INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • ¼ tsp. baking soda
  • ⅛ tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. Truvia Baking Blend or ⅓ cup sugar
  • ¼ cup cocoa powder
  • 1 egg
  • 3 Tbsp. melted unsalted butter
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. cocoa powder
  • 3-5 Tbsp. milk
  • sprinkles or other toppings
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ F. Lightly spray your donut pans with cooking spray and set aside.
  2. Mix together the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, Truvia or sugar and cocoa powder.
  3. Add in egg, butter, buttermilk and vanilla and mix together. If too thick, add in a little milk until thinned out a bit. (You don't want it too thin, though! More like cake batter thick.)
  4. Spoon into donut pans, about ¾ of the way full. Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  5. When donuts have cooled a bit, dump from the donut pan.
  6. Icing: Mix together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Add in milk one tablespoon at a time until the desired glaze consistency. You don't want it too thick but not too runny.
  7. Dip each donut into the glaze and place on cooling rack. Sprinkle with sprinkles or whatever topping you like.
From the Spirit:

“The Lord does not expect that we do what we cannot achieve. The command to become perfect, as He is, encourages us to achieve the best of ourselves, to discover and develop the talents and attributes with which we are blessed by a loving Eternal Father, who invites us to realize our potential as children of God. He knows us; He knows of our capacities and our limitations. The invitation and challenge to become perfect, to achieve eternal life is for all mankind.” 
–Jorge F. Zeballos, “Attempting the Impossible”, Ensign, Nov 2009, 33-34
From the Schmidt's:

I finally got to watch this movie this weekend and I absolutely love it.  I wasn't planning on seeing it.  I sent Curtis to go pick out some movies.  He had been to the theaters to see this and he picked this for me.  I found that interesting.  The story is amazing.  It's really good.  I'm planning on adding this to our movie collection.  Thanks Curtis for thinking of me too.  Loved it!


I have to confess I prepare some of my blog posts the night before.  You know the parts that are pretty much fixed like the recipes, acts of kindness, quote of the day, and the  from the Spirit portion.  It saves time especially since I work.  Pretty much everything is done except the two things I am grateful for and this section you are reading now.  Well, today is no exception to that rule.  I thought I should clarify that before I share what has been happening today.

Right now it is 7:30 am and we are in the Emergency Room with Kevin.  He cried out in pain, dizzy, and short of breath in the middle of the night.  We think it's because the pain is out of control but they are checking him for a pulmonary embolism since he had one about two years ago.  Kevin is in getting a CT Scan right now.  Honestly, I don't think he has a P.E. but you never know, especially with his life style lately.  

Well, looks like Kevin does not have a P.E. but they are admitting him to the hospital for observation.  He has some chest tightening and shortness of breath they are concerned about.  They are doing blood enzyme tests and probably a chemical cardiac stress test later today to rule out any other problems.  

Sheesh!  Talk about starting this week off with a bang!

I have to go.  I need to run home and get the boys up so they can give their dad a blessing.  

They told Kevin his potassium level was rock bottom.  

WHAT!!!!  
That's the thing that killed our friend just two weeks ago.  

So, the hospital is giving him these drinks every hour to bring it up until it's better.  Yikes! 

 Now I am officially freaked out.  

The boys won't answer their phones.  

They were up super early with me too.  
Lexi is the only one up at the house.  

She text me at about 6 to tell me she was all ready working on her classes, but her stomach was bothering her.  

That girl!  I sure do love my kids! 

Gotta go!  More tomorrow.   

Quote of the Day:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...