Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Wednesday Fun

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Attorney's who answer us promptly.  Thank you, thank you!
2)  Good kids who help us as much as they can with their busy schedules.  Thank you!

From the Camera:

This is my Schmidt Bread Sign I have hanging in my kitchen.  Bread seems to be on every one's mind today for some reason, 
so this seemed appropriate.  

Today's Goals:

1)  Call the doctor's and get Kevin in ASAP!
2)  Call Social Security.
3)  Make sure Curtis gets his missionary travel voucher sent off.

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea....

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." -Albert Schweitzer.
Has someone made a difference in your life? Maybe it’s a teacher or professor who made a difference in your education; a coach who believed in you and inspired you to do your best. Maybe that person is a grandparent who raised you or a mentor who helped you choose your career path. Why not tell that person in a letter or card how they have inspired you?

Benefits

Keeping in contact with those who have influenced you in a positive way is also beneficial to you, because those people also represent a positive influence in your life and will continue to help you become the person you strive to be. Letting them know they have inspired you will move them continue helping others as they helped you.

Step It Up

Write a letter to the people who have made a difference in your life. Tell them about how they helped you get where you are, and why you are thankful for their support.

Keep It Simple

Don’t have the time to write a letter? Simply send an e-mail to someone who’s made a difference.

From the Kitchen:

White Chocolate Popcorn
2  bags of light butter microwave popcorn
6-8 oz. white chocolate chips

Directions: Pop the popcorn and pour it in a large bowl. Melt the chips. I melted them in the microwave but the consistency started getting a little weird so I would recommend using a double boiler. Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and stir, stir, stir. The chocolate may start to harden right away but just keep stirring until everything is coated. You don't want a really thick coating, just a nice thin one. Then get ready to eat the whole thing. YOU'RE WELCOME.

From the Spirit:

I just love this line: “Being brave does not mean I am not afraid.  Being brave means acting in faith. ”  I know that many of you are struggling.  Really having a hard time dealing with all the trials and burdens that are placed on your back.  I pray that you will each find the bravery you need to have the faith in the Lord to sustain you.


From the Schmidt's:

What a day!  We have been dealing with all kinds of things today.  I've been on the phone with just about everyone I can think of today.  From work, to doctor's offices, to social security, and to attorney's offices.  WOW!  It's been a productive day.  Kevin still is in a lot of pain and does not have everything he needs but soon.  I still need to get in contact with the Patient Relations Department at Banner.  I got a voice mail message from them, but I didn't get a chance to call them back.  I will put that on my "to-do" list for tomorrow.  

Am I stressed?  You bet I am!  But, I keep reminding myself, "you will get through this because you have handled worse.  You can do this Sondra."  

Lexi is still plugging along on her online classes.  She is working really hard which is good.  With Kevin being sick and all the running back and forth to the hospital Lexi has missed Seminary.  She finally made it this afternoon.  Thank goodness.  She is at mutual right now.  Curtis is working on getting ready to leave on his mission and doing his scout stuff.  He plans to help out with Primary softball over the next couple of weeks.  It will be good for him.  He enjoys this kind of thing anyway.  Thank goodness it's just down the street from our house.  

Tonight Kevin is resting.  He is still in a lot of pain.  Still left sided chest pain.  They never did tell us what side they found the pneumonia on.  He woke up in pain again in the middle of the night again.  When I got up for work this morning his breathing was really shallow and he was dizzy.  That is never a good sign.  I tried and tried to get him to let me take him back to the Emergency Room.  He wouldn't let me.  Thankfully our doctor's office worked him in.  He scares me.  He is on so much pain medication and then to have chest pain like that with all of that on board I know his chest pain is really really bad.  I'm afraid he is going to stop breathing in his sleep.  He freaks me out right now.  I almost wish they would have admitted him the second time.  

My work is not cooperating with this whole thing either.  In fact, they have absolutely NO sympathy what so ever!  Which makes a rough situation even rougher.  They don't understand that the man cannot drive and that he is not in a place where he can handle his own affairs and my children do not know everything.  I had to be there.  No ifs and or buts about it.  

I cannot wait for my new glasses to come in.  I can tell I need them right now.  My eye is straining.  The new glasses will be in soon and that should do the trick.  I'm excited.

Tomorrow Kevin has more appointments.  Fun!  Fun!  Fun!
It's all good.  Hopefully he gets what he needs and will be taken care of and better soon.

Take care and we will talk again soon.

Quote of the Day:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...