Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Wednesday! We're Halfway There

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Good friends who take good care of me.  
2) Visiting teachers who deliver surprise meals.  Thank you. 

Goals for the Day:

1) Thank my Visiting Teachers.
2) Clean
3) Call doctor to confirm my appointment time and date.

From the Camera:

Kyle......
Look how light and LONG his hair use to be!  WOW!

From the Heart:

In keeping with out theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea....

Many people have the mindset that sharing is something you only do in kindergarten and grade school. Once you’ve reached a certain age, you no longer need to be generous with your belongings, your food, or your money. The truth is that being able to share with others is a habit you should put into practice for the rest of your life. To remind yourself of the importance of sharing, start with something small, like sharing your snacks with your classmates or coworkers, or even with a homeless person on the street.

Benefits

Being charitable to others is a great habit to put into practice. Initially, you may find that you struggle more to be generous with some things more than others, but with more practice you’ll be able to practice more control over those old habits. Practicing generosity and selflessness in a small area in will likely carry over to other areas of your life. Plus, others always appreciate it when you go out of your way for them.

Step It Up

Make an effort to share snacks with others whenever you can. For example, bake cookies to take with you to school or work at least once a week. Or keep granola bars in your purse or backpack to share with any homeless people you come in contact with.

Keep It Simple

Remember to share snacks with your family or roommates at home. When you make a snack for yourself, offer to make extra for anyone else who would like some.
From the Kitchen:


From the Spirit:

Elder Marvin J Ashton said,
“One warm evening during the past summer months Sister Ashton and I enjoyed a professional baseball game. During the early part of the competition our attention was diverted from the action by a late arriver. As he walked by, he spotted me and asked, ‘Who’s losing?’  I responded with, ‘Neither one.’ Following my answer, I noticed that he glanced at the right-field scoreboard, saw the game wasn’t tied, and walked on, undoubtedly wondering about me.
Seconds after he made his way to a distant seat, Sister Ashton said, ‘He doesn’t know you very well, does he?’ ‘What makes you say that?’ I replied. She responded with, ‘If he did, he would know you don’t believe anyone is losing. Some are ahead and some are behind, but no one is losing. Isn’t that right?’
I smiled in approval with a warm feeling inside. Proper attitude in this crisis-dominated world is a priceless possession. Never before is it more important for all of us to move forward with conviction. We may be behind, but we are not losing if we are moving in the right direction. God will not score our performances until the end of the journey.”  (“Who’s Losing?” Ensign, Nov. 1974, 41)
From the Schmidt's:

I was running through a few things and stumbled across this funny.


I have to say, I cannot stop laughing over this one.  
This is classic deacon behavior!  Funny Funny!
Well, at least I thought it was.  Hope you enjoy it too.  
I think the thing that got me the most was the vision in my head of walking past the Cultural Hall in our church building hearing a room full of men singing "As Sisters in Zion".  
 I can just hear it now.  
These are the kinds of things I vision my husband doing as a youth. 

In fact, I know of a couple of stories......
Kevin called me into the bedroom the other day to show me a picture he found.  I guess someone had placed a  For Sale sign on some temple grounds.  (not funny, I know.)
 
You see, this brought back memories for my husband...
The one story that always comes to mind is the time him and one of his best friends put the For Sale sign on the Barkley Building in our stake.  They even went so far as to include the Bishop's home phone number on the sign.  The Bishop just happened to be his best friends father.....and my husband's father just happened to be the Bishop's counselor.  The Sunday after they placed the sign in front of the church building they got a call to be in the Bishop's office bright and early that Sunday morning. 
Kevin jokes that they had standing 7 a.m. appointments every Sunday morning.  I think he really did.  ~smile~smile~

Today my son dropped me off at work so he could take my husband in to get some lab work and an x-ray done.  Usually I drive, but this morning Kyle drove.  It was nice to not have to drive.  Honestly, I think he drove to keep from falling asleep.  He was up all night.  One of the things I like about these trips to work is the time we have to talk about all kinds of things. But it is usually on these car rides and our conversations that I learn a lot about my children that I may have never known had it not been for these little moments spent in the car.  Now I would like to think that my kids would talk to us at a different time if we didn't have this opportunity to talk in the car.  All I can say is it's nice to have these one on one moments with my kids even when they are adults now.  Love that!  They still value their parents advice.  This is just one of many proud Momma moments.  

It's that time again.  I need to go.  You take care now and we will talk again soon.  

Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...