Sunday, February 1, 2015

Something New...Scavenger Hunt Sunday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) Missionaries!  For those that found my family and taught them the basic gospel principles to those who we come in contact with every day.  Love them.

2) Prayer!  For prayers heard, prayers answered, and even the ones that have never been answered.  I am very grateful that I can pray to my Heavenly Father anytime, anywhere, and He does hear my prayers. 

From the Camera:

For Christmas Kyle got a set of tickets to go see ASU's Hockey Team play.  The photo below was taken from their seats last night at the game.  Talk about close to the ice.  Curtis and Kyle had a great time.  Curtis is still talking about the game today.  He had a good time. 


ASU won the game!  In fact, Kyle and Curtis found out that ASU is the National Champion too.  Who knew?  Looks like we have found our hockey team!  Love it!

From the Heart:
In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea....this one I never thought of as an act of kindness....here you go....

School can be a fun place for you to interact and play with your friends, but the main reason your parents send you to school is so you can learn.
The best way to learn is by paying attention in class, so try your best to sit still and listen to your teacher, and save your games and jokes to share with your friends at recess.

Benefits

Sitting still and being alert in class is not only the best way to learn, it’s also a way for you to show your respect for your teacher and classmates. Being disruptive in class can be stressful to your teacher and distracting to your classmates who are trying to learn.

Step It Up

Paying attention in class means doing your best to learn and help others learn. Not being disruptive is important, but participating in class is also important. So make an effort to be an active participant in your classroom. Ask questions about things you don’t understand, and answer questions when without having to be called on.

Keep It Simple

Be kind to your teachers and your classmates by listening to your teacher and obeying the rules in your classroom.

From the Kitchen:


EASY WHOLE WHEAT PIZZA DOUGH
INGREDIENTS
  • 1¾ - 2¼ cups whole wheat flour
  • 1 (1/4-oz) envelope pizza yeast (I used Fleischmann's brand)
  • 1½ tsp. sugar
  • ¾ tsp. salt
  • ⅔ cup very warm water (120º - 130ºF)
  • 3 Tbsp. olive oil
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
  2. Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add water and 3 Tbsp. olive oil. Mix until blended, about 1 minute.
  3. Gradually add enough remaining flour until a soft ball is formed. Dough will be somewhat sticky.
  4. Knead dough on a floured surface, adding more flour if needed. About 4 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
  5. Pat dough to fill out greased pizza pan. Add toppings as desired, bake for approximately 10-15 minutes, depending on amount of toppings. Enjoy!

From the Spirit:
  • "No, God does not need us to love Him. But oh, how we need to love God! For what we love determines what we seek. What we seek determines what we think and do. What we think and do determines who we are—and who we will become."
    —Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "The Love of God"
From the Schmidt's:

This ward has all the young men with their mission calls announce them in sacrament meeting.  This Bishop asked Curtis to sit on the stand so he could make his announcement.  Instead of coming back down after his announcement he remained on the stand.  We just thought he decided he should stay up there for the whole meeting.  He did, however, share his testimony which was a good thing.  You should see the smile on this boys face.  He is beaming from ear to ear.  I love that!

Do you remember me telling you a little bit about the legal issue Kevin has been dealing with?  Well, we thought we were on the road to a settlement.  At least that is what our attorney told us.  BUT, Friday Kevin got another notice from the court that he has another court date.  Arg!  Can I just tell you how frustrated Kevin was.  I was too!  Talk about taking the wind out of your sails.  Not to mention that Kevin will be knee deep in this nerve stimulator thing about the time he needs to appear in court.  Arg again!  Anyway, Kevin will be calling the attorney tomorrow to try and figure out what is going on.  Hopefully we will get some good answers and NOT have to appear in court after all.  Honestly, I don't think my husband could handle a trip to Phoenix and a big court ordeal.  He can barely get out of bed now.  Talk about frustrating!  I was sharing with a friend about Kevin's situation today and he said to me we need a miracle for Kevin.  I told him, yes we do.  We do need a miracle.  We have known many over the years and I'm sure if that is what the Lord has in store for us, we will see another.  

Danielle met me at the church building for the funeral yesterday.  Afterwards she came over for a bit.  She had to get home so she could get ready to meet Chance and his parents.  Danielle was meeting the little brother and Chance's father for the first time.  Chance has his entire family down from Montana staying with him.  They are here because a relative is very ill.  It's a good thing that Danielle gets to meet the family, but a sad reason that has brought the family here.  Our thoughts and prayers go out to this family as they are dealing with this trial.

We have absolutely loved all the rain we have received.  We live in a desert, so any amount of rainfall is a good thing.  It's cooled everything down and I just love it!  Even if this is Super Bowl Sunday.  OR The Phoenix Open was this weekend.  We needed the rain and I couldn't be happier to see it. 

Tomorrow is the big day!  Lexi starts her online classes.  I'm a little nervous for her.  There is a lot riding on this.  Some may be wondering why we did this.  Well, for one reason only.  Lexi fell behind last semester with her school work.  In fact, she missed 21 days of school and got incomplete grades in a few of her classes because she missed final exams.  One teacher, who use to be her coach, was awesome about trying to catch her up.  She was great.  BUT, some teachers were awful.  Told Lexi she was going to be a "Super Senior".  Meaning a student that ended up staying in school beyond her scheduled graduation time.  Lexi was all ready feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders because she knew where she stood and it REALLY bothered her.  Mostly because she likes school and enjoys learning.  It's been hard for her.  Believe me, we did not like the idea of her leaving the public school setting at all!  In fact, we fought that decision all the way.  We were not convinced this was a good idea until we talked to the registration folks at the online school and a couple of parents who have done this.  (Someone I work with)  They explained how Lexi could work one semester and one summer session and be all caught up and on track for her Junior Year at the public school again.  That was good news and that is why we decided to give this a try.  I can empathize with Lexi for trying to keep going and being behind from last semester and trying to learn what the teachers were trying to share with the class now.  For math everything is added upon the things you learned previously.  So, if you didn't grasp the concepts previously shared, then you were that much further behind now.  That is what Lexi was dealing with.  With these online classes Lexi will be starting back at the beginning.  She told me, "Mom, I want to learn what I missed.  I need it."  It makes me a proud Mom when my child wants to take the time to learn the concepts she needs to succeed.  I love that!  That to me means more than anything.  That to me tells me she doesn't take her education lightly.  That to me means she gets it.  She wants to learn and that is half the battle.  

As I mentioned before, Curtis got his mission call.  He reports to the MTC in Provo, Utah on March 18th!  That means we have 44 days to get him ready.  That means with everything.  Clothing, luggage, eye appointments, and everything else.  WOW!  I am nervous.  Concerned.  How are we going to do all of this?  How are we going to get this done?  Well, I will say this.  This young man has a desire to serve the Lord on a full-time mission for his Heavenly Father.  That desire is very evident.  There is no denying that fact.  He can taste it.  He is anxious to go.  This is his time!  His mission.  That being said, I know a way will be provided to get all of this done.  I have seen it happen.  I have watched it happen in the lives of those around us, in the lives of those we love, as well as in our own lives.  We know!  We just know.  

So, where do we go from here?  We get on our knees.  We get on our knees and we pray to our Heavenly Father and thank Him for all we have, and we ask him to continue to help us as we prepare this Young Man to leave.  We ask for your help with this.  We ask for your prayers on our behalf.  I know many of you have all ready offered up your prayers for our family, my husband.  We really do appreciate all your efforts.  They have helped sustain me from day to day.  I have felt that weight-of-the-world feeling I use to have be removed from off of my shoulders because of your prayers.  It has been a constant reminder to me that I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who hears our prayers and will answer our prayers too.  What a blessing that knowledge is in my life and I hope in your life as well.  I guess you could say, we are asking you to help us again.  Thank you.  We do appreciate everything you have done for us.  

Something New:

I thought I would try something a little different this week.  Check this out....and join me if you want.
Scavenger Hunt Sundays.....

RULES:
  • Anyone can participate.
  • This list of categories is listed below....
  • Take five new photos this week for the challenge. Creativity is also encouraged!
  • If you get stumped, you may use one photo from your archive (although I’m not too strict about it – I do my best to take fresh shots).
  • I will post my photo's on my Sunday posts.
  • Please join me.  I want to see how creative you are.  YOU INSPIRE ME!  You can join my blog and please leave comments on my blog with your five entries.  I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Isn't this exciting???!!!
  • Have fun! and HAPPY SHOOTING!

Here are the list of categories for this week:

1. SWEET TOOTH

2. NUMBER

3. KEEPSAKE

4. I MADE THIS

5. SATURDAY MORNING


Quote of the Day:

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...