Saturday, February 21, 2015

Just When you Think a Door has Closed, A Window From Heaven Opens.

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The ability to pray to my Heavenly Father anytime and anywhere!  What an incredible blessing this is!

2) The sweet blessing of personal revelation!  Not only do I consider being able to pray to my Heavenly Father as a blessing, but to receive answers to my prayers is so amazing!  

Today's Goals:

1) DISHES!  Yep, just dishes.  ~smile~

2) Laundry.  The pile never ends.

3) Make sure Lexi has what she needs for school.

From the Camera:

Guess what?  
It's almost Bunny Time!  
I love Easter.  
I love everything about Easter. 

 The reminder of Christ's Atoning Sacrifice as well as some yummy treats is always a good thing. 
 
You could say our Easter celebration takes care of most of my cravings.  Something for the soul and tummy too.  Love it!!  

On a more serious note.....I love learning more about our Savior.  Each Easter season I always learn something new and that is always a good thing.  

Chocolate and jelly beans are just a side note.  
From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea...

We all get busy during the day and many of us wait in line for coffee, lunch, post office, etc. Today, when you find yourself waiting in a line, let someone go in front of you. They will really appreciate the gesture and you'll feel great having done a random act of kindness.
From the Kitchen:
Aren't these "carrots" just as cute as can be?

They are chocolate dipped strawberries!!!
That's right....STRAWBERRIES!!

Danielle made us chocolate dipped strawberries for Valentine's Day.  I think we should put in our request now for these little yummy treats now, don't you think???  Yum!!!

From the Spirit:

Faith in God and in His guidance through the Holy Spirit will sustain you in an increasingly more challenging world.

Who does not have need of assurance in times of uncertainty and testing? Who is so self-confident that there is never want for a stabilizing influence in life? A fundamental purpose of earth life is personal growth and attainment. Consequently, there must be times of trial and quandary to provide opportunity for that development. What child could ever grow to be self-supporting in maturity were all the critical decisions made by parents? So it is with our Heavenly Father. His plan of happiness is conceived so that we will have challenges, even difficulties, where decisions of great importance must be made so that we can grow, develop, and succeed in this mortal probation. 1Gratefully, in His perfect love, He has provided a way for us to resolve those challenges while growing in strength and capacity. I speak of the sustaining power of faith in times of uncertainty and testing.
God has given us the capacity to exercise faith, that we may find peace, joy, and purpose in life. However, to employ its power, faith must be founded on something. There is no more solid foundation than faith in the love Heavenly Father has for you, faith in His plan of happiness, and faith in the capacity and willingness of Jesus Christ to fulfill all of His promises.
Words by Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles in a talk titled:
The Sustaining Power of Faith in Times of Uncertainty and Testing.

From the Schmidt's:

Whoa!!! Let's be honest.  

Yesterday was a very bad day.  
One that I did get through, believe it or not.

I am not ready to really share what happened, but I will try to explain without telling on myself.  (Hopefully you understand that?)

In the middle of the day I was given this BIG,...lets call it a "goal" to reach.  
One that seems far to large for me to ever possibly get through.  Honestly!  I looked at the "goal" and immediately said out loud....  I seriously doubt I will make it to the other side of this.  There is just no possible way.
 
I said that because there are too many variables that will derail my efforts.  Good, bad, or indifferent.  It just seems too big a "goal".

When I talked to Kevin about my "goal" he agreed with me that this was too big.  We talked several times about the "goal".  

Last night I would go into the room Kevin was resting in and talk his ear off about the In's and outs of this "goal".  
The poor man. 
 
He still has to walk me through things even when he is sick with pneumonia. 

 Sorry honey.  

After I talked the hubby's ear off, 
and after several episodes of recent shows on Hulu (I call that winding down time), 
and lots of Internet study...I just love having Conference Talks at my finger tips whenever I need to search things out.  LOVE THAT!!!  
After all of this I decided to pray.  (This is what I should have done earlier)

You see, I had a feeling this "goal" might become a reality the other day when I spent some time praying in the celestial room of the temple after Curtis went through for the first time.  

At that time, I had no idea just how large the "goal" would be.  

So, you can imagine my surprise when I was informed of the size of the "goal".  
I have to tell you.  This is one of those things I could not have planned for. 
 It wasn't something I could not have known was coming.  
It just came right out of no where.  I could not have prevented this.  
After praying, pondering, and praying some more something came to mind.

Something a former Relief Society President of mine said to me when I was newly married and just had our first daughter.  

This Relief Society President was telling me about how they handle NOT having medical insurance for their family.  

You see, she was a stay at home mother and her husband was a small business owner back in the late 80's, before all of this health care reform.  

When I asked her how she handled NOT having insurance she said, "Well, we make sure we pay a full tithing each and every payday and put our trust in the Lord."  

She said, "And this has worked every time!"  

She said, "That doesn't mean we do not have our medical expenses, because we do."  (and she glanced down at her daughter who had just broke her arm and was in a cast)

She said, "By paying a full tithing. they have found that, a way has always been provided when issues arise."

Now, just to clear this up.....please understand.  
My huge "goal" has absolutely nothing to do with any medical issues our family has to face OR a mission.  
It is something completely different.  

As I sat and thought about my "goal" and  this past Relief Society Presidents words something else happened. 

My answer came as a few simple words.
 
 It had come in the form of remembering the words of this Relief Society President.  

BUT my answer was reaffirmed in the form of a whisper from that still small voice.  

The answer was, Make sure you always pay a full tithing and you will reach your goal.  

As simple as that.  

A way has been provided.  

If you only knew how grateful I am to receive this answer.  
This solution.  

This counsel from my Heavenly Father.  
What a blessing it is!  

What comfort this answer has brought to me.  

I am sitting here in tears as I type this and the computer screen is a little blurry.  Ha Ha!  
BUT....these tears are tears of joy, and hope.  

My answer....exercise faith, take action by doing all things in my power.... paying a full tithing, 
and you will be blessed by reaching your "goal"!  
Love that!  

Hence the reason for the quote of the day today.  

My little reminder of what to do.  

I need to print this quote out and put it on my bathroom mirror, on the shelf above my desk in my office, and on all the post-it notes I can find around the house and in the car. 

 I know.  I go a little crazy.  Maybe not all the post-its.  Just a reminder note on my cell phone instead.  You get the idea.  

The key word here is to remember this and never forget. 

Sure, this is not new information.  I knew before I prayed that I needed to exercise faith and pay my tithing.  

I guess it was the way my answer came.  The sense of peace that came over me.   

I feel much better. 

 I feel like I can do this.  

I can handle this "goal".  That does not mean it will be easy.

  Yes, I have to do my part, but my Heavenly Father has promised to keep his promise to me, if I keep up my end of the deal. 

A two way promise has been agreed upon.  A promise once made by a loving Heavenly Father who will NEVER go back on.

I am the only one that can break this promise.  It is up to me to do my part.

 Thank you.  Thank you. Thank you.

I hope you have a wonderful day.  

I also hope you can get something out of my little cryptic message here that may help you too.  

Sorry to be so vague.  

Maybe when this "goal" thing is not so fresh I will be able to share all the details with you.  

Thanks for your understanding.  It is much appreciated.  

Take care and we will talk soon.

Quote of the Day:
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...