Monday, February 23, 2015

It's only Monday!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The rain!  I love it when it rains.  It cools everything down.  Love that!

2) My kids!  They have been great.

Goals for Today:

1) Clean the bathroom.
2) Get through the day.
3) Get ready for tomorrow.

From the Camera:

Check out that hair!  This was me on the day I graduated High School.  I graduated from Mt. View High School in Mesa, AZ.  This year is their 30th Reunion.  BUT....the school I spent the first three years of High School was Cabrillo High School in Lompoc, California.  They are also having a 30th Reunion.  Sure, I was invited to the Reunion from the school I actually graduated from, BUT what means more, is the invitation to the Reunion from the school I didn't graduate from.  That made my day.  Even if I don't get to go.  It meant the world to me. 


From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another great idea.....

Organize an appreciation lunch for your child's teacher. Have all of the parents chip in for a gift card to a local favorite lunch spot and present it to your children's teacher as a way of saying thank you for all they do for your children each day.

Benefits:

Your child's teacher will know how much you and the other parents appreciate all their hard work.

Step It Up:

Organize a luncheon at the school one day. You could host it in the teacher's lounge and cater in some lunch, or make some special homemade treats. Leave them a tasty lunch and a kind card signed by a lot of the parents. You could even decorate the room with flowers and candies as well.

Keep It Simple:

Have a couple of parents chip in and get a gift card to a favorite local lunch spot. Give it to your child's teacher signed by all the parents.

From the Kitchen:

Cinnamon Brownies

10 tablespoons butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons  unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla
2 large eggs, cold
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon


Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F. Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides.

Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and place in the microwave, cooking in 30 second increments as not to over cook. Stir after each 30 seconds. Cook until butter is melted, and ingredients are well combined--it looks fairly gritty at this point, but it smooths out once the eggs and flour are added. If you don't have a microwave, a double boiler will work just the same.

Stir in the vanilla with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with the wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Spread evenly in the lined pan.

Bake until a toothpick plunged into the center emerges slightly moist with batter, 20 to 25 minutes.
Dig in with a fork.....or if you are patient,  let cool completely on a rack and then  lift up the ends of the parchment or foil liner, and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Cut into squares.

From the Spirit:
Our spiritual journey is the process of a lifetime. We do not know everything in the beginning or even along the way.
We first build a foundation of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. We treasure the principles and ordinances of repentance, baptism, and receiving the Holy Ghost. We include a continuing commitment to prayer, a willingness to be obedient, and an ongoing witness of the Book of Mormon.
We then remain steady and patient as we progress through mortality. At times, the Lord's answer will be, "You don't know everything, but you know enough"--enough to keep the commandments and to do what is right.
Challenges, difficulties, questions, doubts--these are part of our mortality. But we are not alone..  We have enormous spiritual reservoirs of light and truth available to us.
Our questions and doubts are resolved or become less concerning to us. Our faith becomes simple and pure. We come to know what we already knew.
You don't know everything, but you know enough.
Jesus said, "Except ye ... become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."
Jesus is the Christ. He is resurrected. He is our Savior and Redeemer.  Through the Prophet Joseph Smith, His priesthood was restored upon the earth.  You don't know everything, but you know enough.  I so testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I really like the line when he said that our faith becomes “simple and pure”.  To become like little children, we need to have simple and pure faith like them.  This doesn’t mean not to question… kids question and explore things all the time.  That’s how we learn.  But sometimes.... when I tell my kids that they have to trust me that I know what’s best, they are okay with that and put trust into motion.  I know that when we trust, everything will be clear in the end.

From the Schmidt's:

Today has been an interesting day.  I was hoping it would rain more, but so far it hasn't.  I love it when it rains.   Oh well.  Maybe next time.  
We moved our desks around at work today.  That always makes for a rough day when that happens.  So, after spending the day feeling discombobulated, I came home from work and fell asleep.  When I woke up I was a little freaked out because I thought it was Tuesday and I had overslept.  I always do that if I take a nap after work. 

 Now that I have calmed down.....ha ha!

I did come home to dinner being made, ready, and hot.  That was awesome!  Thank you Kyle!  That was so nice!

Kevin has to get some lab work and an X-ray done tomorrow.  He has an appointment again with our PCP Thursday.  They are checking his pneumonia again.  He is slightly better, but not by much.  I'm just glad he seems a little better.  He would have tried to get his testing done today, but he didn't need to be out in the rain today.  Honestly, I think he needs another breathing treatment.

Well, we are hanging in there.  I have lots more to tell you, but it's late and I need to get a few things done before I get to bed.  More tomorrow.

Take care and we will talk soon.

Quote of the Day:







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...