Friday, January 16, 2015

Woo Hoo!!! It's Friday!!

Two Things I am Geateful For:

1) I am Soooooo happy today is Friday!  It's been a crazy week!!!

2) My Heavenly Father who is always there for me. 

From the Camera:

Look at this sweetie!  This was Lexi on the day she was baptized in the Mesa Skyline Stake.  Oh the memories!

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea...

t always easy to express how you feel with words. Sometimes music can say so much more than you can.
Whether you want to cheer up someone who’s feeling blue, tell a loved one how much you care about them, or just to remind a friend that you’re thinking about them, sometimes music says it best. Sharing an online music playlist with someone is a great way to tell someone how much you treasure them.

Benefits

Making a playlist for a friend may be free, but that doesn’t make it less significant than a costly gift. It can be a simple way to express how we feel, even if we struggle to find the right words to say it.

Step It Up

Compile an online music playlist and share it with a friend to remind him or her about the importance of your friendship. To go the extra mile, include an e-mail along with the link, explaining why you chose each song on the list.

Keep It Simple

Is there a particular song you hear on the radio that reminds you of a specific person? Why not just tell that person about the song and why it reminds you of them?
From the Kitchen:
Carmelita Brownies



From the Spirit

This life is an experience in profound trust—trust in Jesus Christ, trust in His teachings, trust in our capacity as led by the Holy Spirit to obey those teachings. . . . To produce fruit, your trust in the Lord must be more powerful and enduring than your confidence in your own personal feelings and experience. [“Trust in the Lord,” p. 17]
As our faith in the Lord grows, we can put aside our own desires and feelings and submit to the Lord’s will. There are many accounts of faithful souls who have faced adversity and through faith in Christ have met the challenges and emerged victors. Today I wish to explore the meaning of the term faith as defined by the apostle Paul and the Prophet Joseph Smith and then illustrate the preserving and strengthening power of faith with three examples—the first two from the life of an ancient patriarch and the third from a modern-day story of a young girl and her family.

From the Schmidt's:

This has been quite a week of changing plans, regrouping, and all that that brings.
We started this week thinking we would be spending a day in court, thankfully that changed.  Frankly, I'd rather not have Kevin spend a day there ever!
Last night we got a new prescription for two of Kevin's medications only to find out that we have a family deductible for 2015 of $800 for all meds.  As you can imagine we shocked.  Kevin let me fill one prescription but refused to let me fill the other.  We have an HSA account for all medical issues that gets a dump of $1000.00 from my employer that would have covered this fee, but Kevin still said no. You see, we have a $2500.00 deductible, after we reach that threshold then we owe 15% of all medical expenses up to $5500.00.  After that everything is covered at 100% for all in-network care.  
Now I know we are extremely lucky to have these benefits and I am very grateful for them.  Its just rough getting through the hoops at the beginning of the year.  This is a fairly new plan for us, so we are learning as we go and there are, of course, bumps along the way.  
My plan today is to call the pharmacy to see what our options are. There is no way we are going to have Kevin go without the one thing that gives him some relief.  That just isn't going to do. Even if we have the doctor write the prescription differently, we will do it.  Oh and, the was generic, not brand name too.  We will figure something out.  All is not lost yet.  

Danielle stopped by to walk her dog and visit with us a bit last night.  She will meet her boyfriends mom sometime this week.  She tried to meet her the other day, but there was an issue at the hospital with the aunt, so the mom rushed to the hospital.  Which we understand.  I told Danielle to keep her guard up or should I say, keep your eyes open with this boyfriend.  Not for any other reason than because we have seen it happen before. You get comfortable and then bam!  I totally like her boyfriend.  In fact, I could see him fitting in quite nicely.  He is a nice guy.  I guess I am just showing some restraint because of what we saw happen to Kyle.  I don't want to get too attached.  Know what I mean?  

Totally changing subjects here.....

One thing that has really been bothering me is how my in-law treated Kevin and I and our kids while my MIL was in the hospital for surgery and after she went to the nursing home and then came home for a couple of days.  That whole thing when my MIL was sick and their flat out refusal to help only to dump it all on Kevin, who is down in bed 24/7 was wrong. 
Then to go back and totally switch gears and act like they are doing everything after my family did it all from the very beginning.  AND pushing  and pushing and pushing.  OR lets just call it what it really was....bullying.  My fear is they are just being nice to my MIL pending some big life insurance payout when she dies or something.  They talk behind everyone's back and then are all nicey nice to their face.  So frustrating.  Kevin even commented about that.  That treating us like we do not matter and just flat out NOT caring about our situation through all of that makes us question their integrity and priorities.  They only care about themselves.  I so hope my MIL saw this.  She knew they flat out refused to come to the hospital or the Nursing home while she was there.  Kevin was mad.  He didn't hold his tongue and neither did I.  Needless to say, we don't jump for them any more.  Sorry I had to vent a little.  

Enough about that.  It's a three day weekend!  Woot!  Woot!   Hope you have big plans to do something fun. Take care and we will talk soon.

Quote of the Day:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...