Monday, January 5, 2015

Sweet Tuesday Morning

Two Things I Am Grateful For:

1) Kind people working for the City of Mesa!  With being sick I haven't been paying as close attention to my mail as I normally do.  To be quite honest, I flat out neglected to open an important piece of mail until late last night.  When I opened it I immediately panicked thinking my water would be shut off at the house today while I was at work.  So I got up extra early this morning so I could get out the door and to Phoenix before the city office opened at 7 am.  That way I would have about 30 minutes to call them right when they opened.  Luckily they answered my call right away and all is well.  The water will remain on. Which is always a good thing.

2) My hubby who takes my craziness and forgetfulness in stride and rolls with whatever comes our way.  He is pretty amazing!  Thanks honey. 

From the Camera:

More silly photos of Danielle and her boyfriend.  She looks happy, doesn't she?  Love that!  These photos were taken Christmas Day.  Danielle opened presents with us and then left around 10 am to spend time with Chance and his Aunt, Uncle, and cousins.  




Danielle is going to kill me for posting so many photos of the two of them.  Oh well!  She'll forgive me someday.  :) (big happy for the daughter moment!!)

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, here is another great idea.  I have to laugh because Lexi was scrounging all around the house yesterday for a mechanical pencil.  We have several regular pencils, but that wouldn't do.  So off to the dollar store we went for brand new mechanical pencils.  Thank heavens for well stocked dollar stores!  
There is one on Greenfield and Main in Mesa that I absolutely love!  They have everything!

At some point or another, most of us have felt the pressure of arriving to a class or a test and realizing that we don’t have a pencil handy!

For many people, this situation can be stressful or even embarrassing. And for people who don’t have friends in their classes, it can be incredibly hard to ask a stranger if they can borrow a pencil, even if it is a trivial item. Make it easier for your classmates by being the first person to offer them a pencil -and a smile- when they need one.

Benefits

If you make an effort to be kind, even in small matters, it will most likely carry over into more important issues in your life. And don’t forget that even the simple act of kindness will be remembered. Maybe the person you are kind to will be encouraged to pass on your act of kindness.

Step It Up

Keep an extra stash of pencils in your desk or backpack. That way, when you notice a classmate who doesn’t have a writing utensil, you can offer him or her one of yours – to keep!

Keep It Simple

Next time someone asks you if they can borrow a pencil, lend them one of yours without a second thought. And be polite!


A Fun Craft:
The other day I came across a pattern for a scarf that caught my eye.  Here is a photo of the scarf


See how open and lacey it looks?  I love it!  I loved it so much I had to get out my crochet needles and some yarn to give this a try.  At first I tried a thicker yarn and it was turning our great until I messed up.  I tossed that aside and opted to start over, but this time with a thinner less fussy yarn.  So far I have about two rows done.  I'll let you know how it turns out and post photos if I don't mess it up too much.  I can crochet, but it's been a while and I was trying a new pattern in a poorly lite room late at night.  Not a good combination for me apparently.  LOL!!!  Keep watching. 

From the Kitchen:

Spinach Ranch Dip Recipe
recipe_image
4
(187)
Prep time: 10 min
Total time: 10 min
Makes: 2-1/4 cups dip or 18 servings, 2 Tbsp. dip and 17 crackers each
What You Need
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat or KNUDSEN Light Sour Cream
1/4 cup KRAFT Lite Ranch Dressing
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 carrot, shredded
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow peppers
thin multigrain snack crackers
Make It
Mix sour cream and dressing in medium bowl until well blended. 
Stir in vegetables. 
Serve with crackers.

From the Spirit:

I read this poem today and really liked it so I had to share even though Christmas is over.  Hope you enjoy it too.

T'was the Night Before Jesus Came

T'was the Night night before Jesus came and all through the house
Not a creature was praying, not one in the house.
Their scriptures were lain on the shelf without care
In the hopes that Jesus would not come there.

The children were dressing to crawl into bed.
Not once ever kneeling or bowing a head.
And Mom in her rocker with baby on her lap
Was watching the Late Show while I took a nap.

When out of the East there arose such a clatter.
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash!

When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But angels proclaiming that Jesus was here.
With a light like the sun sending forth a bright ray
I knew in a moment this must be THE DAY!

The light of His face made me cover my head
It was Jesus! returning just like He had said.
And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth,
I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself.

In the Book of Life which He held in His hand
Was written the names of every saved man.
He spoke not a word as He searched for my name;
When He said, "It's not here" my head hung in shame.

The people whose names had been written with love
He gathered to take to His Father above.
With those who were ready He rose without a sound.
While all the rest were left standing around.

I fell to my knees, but it was too late;
I had waited too long and thus sealed my fate.
I stood and I cried as they rose out of sight;
Oh, if only I had been ready tonight.

In the words of this poem the meaning is clear;
The coming of Jesus is drawing near.
There's only one life and when comes the last call
We'll find that the scriptures were true after all!

From the Schmidt's:

It's only 9:18 a.m. and I am ready for a nap!  I heard Kyle's alarm go off this morning around 4:45 a.m. and I never really got back to sleep after that.  As I mentioned before I got up extra early today too.  My alarm went of at 5:40 a.m.  I work a late shift at work, which means my work day starts at 8 a.m.  This schedule is just during the winter months from November to March.  After that, it's back to an earlier shift.  Meaning I'm at work by 7 a.m. in the middle of Phoenix in the summer time.

Speaking of work.  A lot of people are sick with that "stuff" I had.  I work in a building with 2500 people in it.  Yesterday as I sat at my desk, one person would cough and then another, and another.  You could hear coughing echoing all over the building....or at least our department.  I heard on the radio that the flu shots this year is not as effective on the strain of flu we are seeing this season.  And....we have yet to see the flu in the Southwest of the country yet.  It's gradually moving west from the east coast now and we should be seeing it soon.  Yikes!!!

This month is a busy one for us.  We are waiting to hear from our attorney about a pending court date Kevin has next week.  Then Kevin has several doctors appointments set up to get him ready for the placement of a temporary nerve stimulator.  Kevin will undergo a two week trial period before the permanent one is placed.  We are hoping this works to relieve some of his pain.  If Kevin would not have had to have this last surgery due to someone's poor planning and lack of care on Wilbur-Ellis's part, Kevin would not be in the state he is in right now.  His quality of life has drastically changed and he spends 24/7, with the exception of 1 hour of church, bathroom breaks, and showers, in bed in constant pain.  That is not a way to spend you life!  I so hope Wilbur-Ellis gets that.  If not, we may be forced to reach out to the local or national news.  This is bad and the lack of planning of one man has drastically changed the life of our entire family.  Can you tell I am frustrated?  

I need to change the subject.  I still have some Christmas stuff to put away inside my home.  Do you have all of your decorations down and put away?  Or have you procrastinated like me????  I just hate getting all the plastic totes out.  But I love it when it's all put away.  I get that same feeling when I purge all those things we no longer use around the house.  Its a great feeling.  Simplifying is what I call it.  (Love it!!!)

Well I need to get back to work.  Hope you are having a wonderful day as well as a Happy New Year too.  Take care and we will talk again soon.  I promise!  

Quote of the Day:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...