Friday, January 23, 2015

Thank Goodness it's Friday!!!

Two Things I am Grateful For:

1) The Walmart Savings Catcher App!  I have received over $40.00 in egift cards from the app to use for shopping at Walmart over the past few months!  That has been a huge help!  Love it! 

2) I am loving some of the new changes at work. I think they have and will be huge blessings in my life.. 

From the Camera:

My silly girls.  Love them both!





From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme, acts of kindness, here is another idea....

“A healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is living” - Rudolf Steiner

Have you ever lost anything? Perhaps it was something valuable, like a piece of expensive jewelry or a wallet with credit cards, or even a beloved pet. Do you remember how stressful it felt trying to find what you’d lost? Make your community a friendlier place by being an honest neighbor.

Benefits

Being honest helps build trust in your community! It is always inspiring to hear stories about how lost belongings, especially valuable ones, are returned to the owners. It really makes people believe in the power of optimism and helps people understand the importance of honesty.

Step It Up

When you find something that doesn't belong to you, make an effort to find its owner. Items such as wallets or cell phones are likely to have some form of information to contact the owner. If you are at school or another public place, you can always return the item to the lost and found.

Keep It Simple

When you see someone drop something, pick it up and hand it to them. Don't ever keep something that you know belongs to someone else, no matter how trivial or insignificant it may seem to you.

From the Kitchen:

Fake Shake & Bake

  • 2 cups cornflakes (or enough to equal a 1/2 cup of cornflake crumbs)

  • 2 teaspoons flour

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 teaspoon paprika

  • 1/4 teaspoon sugar

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

Put the 2 cups of cornflakes into a food processor and process until they are small crumbs.  You want to end up with about 1/2 cup of cornflake crumbs.  Add the flour and the spices to the cornflakes crumbs.  You can either do this in the food processor, or combine the cornflakes crumbs and the spices in a small bowl.

Now you will use the same method as the instructions on the back of a Shake ‘n Bake box.

Put your crumb mixture in a bag (I use a large ziploc bag).  Moisten the chicken pieces with water.  Put one or two chicken pieces at a time into the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture.  Place the coated chicken pieces on a foil lined baking sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees.  Bone-in chicken should be baked for 45 minutes and boneless chicken for 20 minutes.  (discard any remaining crumb mixture that has been in contact with raw chicken).

I make this recipe with the larger bone-in chicken breasts and it makes enough coating to cover 4 of them (a little over 3 lbs).

From the Spirit:

The Lord Himself told Moroni, “I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me” (Ether 12:27). If, because of humility induced by the weaknesses given to us by God, we “becometh as a child, submissive, meek, humble,” we will also “becometh a saint through the atonement of Christ the Lord” (Mosiah 3:19). The Apostle Paul, after beseeching the Lord three times that his “thorn in the flesh” (2 Corinthians 12:7) might be removed, received in response this comforting reply: “My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” After recounting this reply in his Second Epistle to the Corinthian Saints, Paul wrote these words: “Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9). I feel certain that, in this sense, to glory in one’s infirmities is to give thanks to God that He has blessed us with help to curb the pride that so easily distances the natural man or woman from the saving grace of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

From the Schmidt's:

We have been hearing some odd names today.  One of my friends asked me if I would have preferred being strapped with Bushauna as my first name.  My friend said, "can you imagine having to use that name all your life?"  Her comments just made me laugh this morning.  Sure, we have come across all kinds of names that make us chuckle over the years, but this one in particular made us both just laugh and laugh.  (It's Friday.  We get a little nutty by the time Friday comes around.  You know that point where you wanna cry, but you laugh instead just to keep your head above water.  Some days/weeks are just like that). Chuckle Chuckle. 

No mission call yesterday.  I jumped the gun I guess.  Plus with the holiday.  Looks like it's not coming until next week.  Darn. Darn.  Oh well, we can hold out another couple of days.

I'm worried about one of my kids. This kiddo has been on my mind constantly for several days lately.  Sure, my kids are on my mind all the time, but this is different.  I'll be perfectly honest.  I'm stressing out over this kiddo.  I don't know how to "fix" the issue.  Kevin and I both are racking our brains trying to come up with a solution.  It's been hard.  I have asked the Lord for help, but I think I need to ask again with a little fasting.  There has to be a solution and a way to fix this.  

This weekend should be a busy one for us.  We have A LOT to do.  Busy, busy, busy.  It's all good though.  Hope you have a great Friday and a spectacular weekend too.  Take care and we will talk again soon.

Quote of the Day:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...