Sunday, January 4, 2015

Grovin,.....on a Sunday Afternoon

Since I really liked the format of the posts from December, I have decided to keep that basic format.  However, I will add certain things from time to time like, holiday ideas, crafts I do, furniture re-do's, room make overs, and whatever else comes along.  So here goes....

Two Things I Am Grateful For:

1) I am grateful we made it to church today, even if it was for only through the passing of the Sacrament.  Kevin started to cramp up and I started to feel bad too.  What matters is that we made it and we are trying.

2) I am grateful my older children have made the choice to go to church all on their own.  Singles wards.  It makes me happy knowing my children are making these kinds of choices. 

From The Camera:

For Christmas this year my Mom made bracelets for all of us.  This is a photo of Lexi showing off the one she got.  Lexi's was blue, mine was pink, and Danielle's was green.  Then my Sister-in-law got a purple one, and my nieces got a turquoise one and a brighter multi-color one.  All of them were beautiful!  I wanted all of them!  

From the Heart:

In keeping with our theme from last month, here is another idea...

In the United States alone there are over 100,000 people waiting for an organ donation. By becoming an organ donor, you can literally help save lives. When you are old enough to get your license, you should think about signing up as an organ donor, and offering multiple people a second chance at life.


Benefits:

You could literally save someone's life by being an organ donor. This is a way for you to make a lasting and meaningful impact on another person's life, and on the lives of their loved ones.

Step It Up:

You can do more, today, right now. You can donate blood regularly, or think about being a bone marrow donor. There are many things you can do while you are still living to help those in need. Encourage those around you to think about being an organ donor, too.

I have to say, I have mixed feelings about this one.  I personally am not an organ donor.  I have never been in a situation to need these services until Kevin started to need all of these back surgeries.  The doctors had to pack the fusion with bone.  Bone that would either have to be taken from another part of Kevin's body, which is NOT the ideal option,  OR from another person.  Meaning someone who had signed up to be an organ/tissue donor.  Kevin's fusion was packed with donor bone and I am grateful that person was an organ donor.   

From the Kitchen:


INGREDIENTS
  • 8oz cream cheese
  • 1 pkg Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 1 egg yolk
  • ½ tsp vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream together sugar and cream cheese.
  3. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
  4. Unroll the crescent roll dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
  5. Separate the dough into four squares.
  6. Spread the cream cheese mixture onto each square.
  7. Gently fold in each of the corners of the dough.
  8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown.

NOTES
Be generous with the filling, there will still be a little leftover. You can double this recipe, but still only use one egg yolk.

From the Spirit:

This is something I need to work on for sure.  I can improve in this area a lot !  Enough said about that....

Following Jesus Christ’s example of obedience increases our faith in Him. “Is it any wonder,” said Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “that Christ chooses first and foremost to define himself in relation to his father—that he loved him and obeyed him and submitted to him like the loyal son he was? … Obedience is the first law of heaven.”

From the Schmidt's:

Today we made it to about 15-20 minutes of church. Kevin wasn't well.  He contemplated not going because he was hurting so bad.  He started cramping during sacrament and we left.  Frankly, I needed to go too.  I'm still not up to par and needed to take some more medicine and get out of my church clothes.  Don't get me wrong, I am getting better, but I will be much happier when this stuff is completely gone.  I don't know why, but an upper respiratory infection completely wipes me out every time.   So frustrating!  Thank goodness for modern medicine.  Antibiotics and steroids, and decongestants!   

Tonight Danielle comes over to walk her dog and visit with us.  We are excited to hear about her snow trip yesterday with her boyfriend Chance.  He is pretty funny.  He makes us laugh every time we talk to him with all of his stories.  He is a lot of fun and good for Danielle, and that makes us all happy.

Kyle went to a different singles ward today with some friends.  He is determined to meet this girl he has been talking to lately.  I made him come home after Sacrament Meeting because I had to pick up a something from Urgent Care before they closed today.  (No, I couldn't do it yesterday). I told him he could go back, but he decided to wait until next week.  

School for Lexi starts again Monday.  That's a good thing.  It's time.  She needs to get back into her normal routine.  I will warn you all, she has been taking the practice tests online for her permit.  She is old enough to get it now.  We have been taking her driving in school or church parking lots too.  Nothing on streets yet.  She is anxious to start driving.  Look out world!  

Curtis is healing up from all of his teeth being pulled last week.  He started eating real food a little more yesterday.  I told it would take time to get back to normal.   We are still trying to make things that are on the softer side for meals.  No rough stuff.  

Next week Curtis has his final interview before seeing the Stake President and submitting his mission papers to Salt Lake.  He is a little frustrated that it can't happen today.  He knows it takes time he is just anxious.  It takes time.  He is further along than he thought he would be today, with a lot of help from our totally amazing Bishop and Stake President!  We cannot thank them enough for all they do.  They are wonderful!

Favorite Quote:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...