Thursday, January 1, 2015

A few random questions, AND....It SNOWED in Mesa!!!!

1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.

I think I had many favorite moments this Christmas holiday, but not having any extended family drama was the best!  I also enjoyed being able to sleep in a little longer than normal, and I think each of my children were pretty happy with what they got this year.  So, overall, this was an awesome Christmas!  

2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?

I think I would have to say 9/11, of course, simply because it's still so fresh in our hearts and minds.  9/11 began a real shift in America and the world as a result.  

3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?

I love the color. I think it's a nice warm tone and I have something close to this pretty much all over my home.  It blends well with greens, golds, and taupe, which you'll also find in my home.  Plus I love to wear that color too.  

4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.

This is a tough one.  I wish I could sit down and talk to my grandparents again.  There are so many questions I would ask.  BUT, I would probably love meeting my great grandchildren....my babies babies babies.  Sure, it's fascinating to meet my ancestors, but the idea of my great grandchildren makes me happy.
5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?

Oh, there are so many things!!!  

There are so many things to get worked up over in this world, and many things that are not.  It's good to recognize the difference, and it is a-okay to step away from the latter.

6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?

Finally, something easy!  My living room and family room furniture!  I love the cheap price tag of everything because I certainly could not afford much and I was NOT going into debt for it either!  

7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?

My second son's mission call!  This young man has been looking forward to serving a mission for our church and ultimately for his Heavenly Father for a long time now!  You should have saw that sparkle in his eyes.  He was excited and eager to go out and serve.  That spark disappeared when he felt his mission move farther and father away from his sights.  As soon as he started his appointments for his physical and his dental exams that spark came back.  I am so happy he is so eager and excited to serve a mission.  There is no other righteous desire I could hope for my children to have, than to have a desire to serve the Lord as a full-time missionary in our church.  What an exciting time this is for all of us!  We couldn't be more excited for our son!  It hasn't been easy working towards this goal.  That dental work can be a major road block for some, and that has been our obstacle.  Thankfully my husband has been able to talk with Curtis and help him understand that it doesn't matter when he leaves, there are people ready to hear what only Curtis will have to say.  That Curtis will be the mouthpiece for the Holy Ghost and those people will be ready to hear what he has to say when he gets out there.  It has been awesome to see the two of them, with some help from an older brother too.  
8. Insert your own random thought here.

Looks like Urgent Care is my place.  We tried to get me in to see our doctor, but they were booked solid since it was the last week of the year.  Everyone was trying to get in before their deductibles started up again.  Of all the weeks for me to get sick, this was not a good one.  

I do have to say, this Urgent Care Clinic, close to our home, has worked out well for our family.  They have been there for us on more than one occasion and I really appreciate that.  I'm very glad they are here.  I get in quick and that's always a plus when I don't feel well.  I got some "lovely" medications, more like horse pills, and off I go.  Thank goodness it was a quick visit.  I'm not up for much more than that.  Being upright and whatever this stuff is not a good combination right now.  Not to mention, I sound like a sick seal when I talk.  It's bad!  

My sister posted something interesting on Facebook late last night.  She said it snowed in Mesa!!! East Mesa actually.  Kevin and I stayed home and inside for New Years Eve.  I never could have handled the cold or smoke from fireworks.  That would have made things worse for me....but I would have loved to see the snow.  



This first day of 2015 has been pretty un-eventful for us.  Kevin and I resting, the kids playing games, and Danielle popping in for a quick visit too.  I have to admit, I'm a little scared that she is coming by to announce she is engaged or something.  Sure everyone thinks I would jump for joy over news like this, but secretly it would also be difficult to let her go.  I'm sure it will be that way with all of my kids.  It's bound to happen sooner or later.  I'll let you know how that goes.  Thankfully today she just came by to say hello and drop off some things she borrowed.  On a more serious note, the young man she is dating is really nice and we couldn't be happier for her.  AND, I'm glad she is taking some time to get to know him too.  

Well, I am off to take some more medicine again.  Flonase is not much fun but they tell me it will help me to NOT get a big giant long lasting sickness, which is always a good thing.  Not that this stuff seems to be going away quickly anyway.  It looks like a little pharmacy on my little table next to my bed.  Flonase Nasal Spray, GIANT Antibiotic tablets, Advil Cold and Sinus, and lots of Emergen-C packets.  Plus water, of course.  I think water has become my best friend through this whole thing, and I like that.  That has been my constant ritual this time around.  The plan is to get rid of this before Monday of next week.  I think that is a realistic goal.  If I keep up with my medicine and stay warm inside, it could happen.  I'll let you know how that goes.  I hope you all had a perfectly wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's day.  Take care, and I will talk to you again soon.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...