Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The reason.....

Have you noticed that all of your neighbors have their Christmas lights up.  In fact most of them had their lights up by the 1st of December.  I'm feeling like I have fallen behind. My MIL bought us a huge box of cheap chocolates.  The box only had a single layer of chocolates, so I don't bad that those are all ready gone.  I think my children inhale just about anything.  I did manage to get two pieces of chocolate for myself before it was all gone.  That box of cheap chocolates is a long time Schmidt family tradition.  They would buy the cheapest, largest box of chocolates to eat while they put up their Christmas tree.  Did I mention that we are behind in decking the halls of this place with bows of holly?  I keep telling myself it's not all about being done first, or decorating the most or the best.....it's not about the newest and the latest or even the coolest.  It's not about the "check list".  There is a reason for the season and it's all about Christ, which is something that WE DO try to keep front and center during the holiday, but it's even more than celebrating Christ.  It's about celebrating family and making memories and experiencing true joy!  

Kevin and I have decided to just go with the flow this holiday season.  We plan to have my side of the family over for Christmas Eve like we usually do, and hopefully do some form of our Christmas light scavenger hunt.  Maybe we won't need to get photographic evidence.  Maybe we will just drive around and find the items on the list together.  That way Kevin doesn't have to get in and out of the car.  He can just ride along and see the lights or something.  We'll see what happens.  Of course we will post pictures.  Lexi and I plan to bake a few cookies this weekend just for fun, and maybe make a few other treats.  I had a little mishap in the oven over Thanksgiving and I need to clean it before we bake in it.  Some of the liquid from the turkey and some pumpkin pie filling spilled to the bottom of my oven.  I was so mad at myself for letting that happen.  Tonight we had baked potatoes for dinner.  When I opened the oven to check on the potatoes smoke filled the air in my kitchen.  I couldn't even keep my eyes open.  I have sensitive eyes anyway.  Even the smallest amount of smoke does it to me.  So, no cooking in the oven until it's clean again.  Fun times!  

It's raining outside.  I love it!  Lexi went with a couple of friends to get Bahama Bucks.  They are giving them out for free tonight.  She couldn't wait to get one.  Then she was going over to the friends house for a bit.  She turned down going to baptisms for the dead tomorrow.  She said she didn't have her temple recommend and she didn't want to go get it last Sunday.  I'm not sure what that is all about.  She usually jumps at the chance to go.  She hasn't been feeling very good these past few days and I think she is just being careful.  At least that is what I think.  She really cannot miss any more school.  

Well, it's late and I am worn out.  Time for bed.  I hope you all had a wonderful day, take care, and I will talk to you soon.




 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...