Thursday, December 11, 2014

Have yourself a Merry little......

Two things I am Grateful For:
1) I am so very grateful for my husband.  He knows me so well.  He is so strong and he helps me through so much.  Sometimes almost too well. Ha Ha.  He is the love of my life!  He is always my biggest fan and I appreciate that.  I just hope I can be just as supportive for him.  I love that man!

2) I am very grateful for my daughters.  They are totally amazing!  I love them for all they do.  

From the Camera:


From the Heart:
In keeping with my theme for this section - Random Acts of Kindness, here is another suggestion.  
Many children in your community don't have access to books because of financial reasons, or because their families don't value education. That's why libraries are a great resource. Anyone can sign up for a library card and enjoy thousands of books for free.
Another book related idea....volunteer to read to children at your local library or hospital.  Children LOVE to be read to.  You might find that by doing this you could also help the parent out as well by entertaining their child while they work on a project or simply browse the library shelves themselves.  

From the Kitchen:

Punch

2 Cans lemonade (frozen)

1 Can Orange juice (frozen)

1 Can Limeade (frozen)
3/4 Cup Grenadine
8 Cups Water
32 ounces Lemon Lime Soda

Freeze for slushy or just serve cold over ice.


Fruit Slush

2 packages red kool-aid
1 large can (1 quart/14 ounces) pineapple juice
2 Cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Can water, use the can the pineapple juice came in (you can add more if needed)

Stir and freeze - add 1 Large bottle of 7-up - Freeze.  Stir and serve (add more 7-up)
Makes 1 gallon.  Great for parties.  You can also use colorless kool-aid so this does not stain carpet if there are spills.

From the Spirit:
If you desire to find the true spirit of Christmas and partake of the sweetness of it, let me make this suggestion to you. During the hurry of the festive occasion of this Christmas season, find time to turn your heart to God. Perhaps in the quiet hours, and in a quiet place, and on your knees—alone or with loved ones—give thanks for the good things that have come to you, and ask that his spirit might dwell in you as you earnestly strive to serve him and keep his commandments. He will take you by the hand and his promises will be kept.
I know that God lives. I bear witness of the divinity of his Son, the Savior of the world, and I express appreciation for the blessing of having upon the earth a prophet of the living God.
- Howard W. Hunter

From the Schmidt's:
Today's morning alarm clock rocked our entire home.  Lexi and I both woke up in shock and awe that it was time to get up and greet the day.  I stayed up too late again last night, which is always rough on me the next day.  Shortly after my feet hit the floor Kevin was up with his walker clanging through the house to get to Kyle's bedroom so he could wake him up because Grandma had sent either a late night or early morning text because she wanted him over to pick her up at 7 a.m, so she could get to her house to clean it before her therapist arrived at 10 a.m.  Kyle was thrilled as you can imagine.  He wasn't expecting to have to leave the house so early and he wasn't expecting to be doing all of this cleaning today either. Because, let's face it, she isn't able to do any mopping yet.  Then when they got to her house she changed her mind.  All that trouble for nothing.  So frustrating!  I wonder if she was just trying to get out of my BIL's house or something?  Who knows?  I will say this, I think everyone involved is ready for things to get back to normal.  She was cleared to move back home but it's sounds like she has decided to put that off until around January 15th.  Honestly, I don't know how much more my boys can handle.  They have been doing all of this since October when she first went into the hospital for surgery.  Nice Curtis is turning into angry Curtis.  Frankly, I understand.  The kid needs a break.  We try to split things up between Kyle and Curtis, but that isn't always possible for multiple reasons.  What to do, what to do?

I guess Danielle will be by tonight to walk her dog.  Yes!!!  It's always nice to come home to a well behaved dog. He needs all the outside time he can get.  I think if we had a yard with acres and acres of land our doggy would be very happy!  I doubt that is going to happen though, no matter how much I wish it to happen.  Ha Ha!

Here are a couple online things I have found that have made my life a little easier.  We use Walgreen's for all of our prescriptions.  Did you know you can manage and order refills online?  Well, you can!  Just go to walgreens.com and create your profile and complete the extra pharmacy profile and away you go.  Love it!

So, we do most if not ALL of our grocery shopping at the smaller, little green Walmart by our house.  It's just easier to get in and out of, they price match, and it's close to our home.  One thing Walmart has is a phone app called Savings Catcher.  I scan in all if my Walmart receipts and the app goes through and determines if I could have saved money on the items I've bought and then it credits my Savings Catcher account.  You can then have the balance printed out on a gift card to take to the store, use your gift card online, or transfer the balance to an American Express Card.  I just printed my gift card and took it to the store.  I have to say, I've racked up quite a chunk of savings.  I bought about $35.00 in groceries and it was all taken care of with my gift card.  How cool is that?  So, if you shop at Walmart you should check out the app and start racking up your own savings.  The Customer Service Representative at Walmart was pretty impressed at how much I've saved.  I told her my savings was nothing.  Danielle had over $50.00  in savings and she is single, no kids!  Pretty cool, right?  Danielle and I have only used this app for a couple months which is not long at all for this.  So, go check it out.  

Tonight I am hoping to get to some of those Christmas decorations.  That is if my eyes are not killing me.  I need to wear my glasses more often, but I just can't bring myself to do it.  Not because I have issues with wearing glasses but simply because I can't handle the glasses and the headset at work at the same time.  I feel like the world is closing in on me.  LOL!  I just need to find a way to deal with it and move on.  

I am home now.  Danielle has come and walked her dog, and left pretty much as soon as I walked in the door.  Kyle has school tonight and Curtis will be here helping me with a few little chores, or helping his sister print out her word strips for her Science Project.  Lexi is sitting on the floor now getting it done.  Kevin will be actually up and out of the bed tonight to watch the Cardinals/Rams Game on the big TV in the family room.  This is a rare thing for us.  This hasn't happened since Thanksgiving Day.  Seriously!  He also seems to be in a pretty good mood too.  This is an awesome thing, and I couldn't be happier!  I will take it!  Even if he is watching mind numbing football.  I'm kidding.  I can handle a little football on TV in small doses.  It's the pre-game, game, and post-game thing that bothers me.  They drag it out for SOOOOO long every time.  Anyhoo.....who cares about the football.  The good thing is Kevin is actually up!  That is ALL that matters!  

I hope you have all had a perfectly lovely day!  More to come tomorrow.  Take care and I will talk to you soon.  

A Favorite Quote:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...