Thursday, December 4, 2014

All is MeRrY & Bright!

1) What is something in your life right now that feels a little discombobulated?  
I would say my laundry room.  I really do not have a place in our home to put dirty clothes.  My children usually change in the bathroom and they leave their dirty clothes everywhere.  I've tried putting up a laundry bag on the door to my hall closet just outside the bathroom, but no seems to be able to get their dirty clothes into the basket.  We do not have room for a basket in the bathroom.  I could put one in the hall, but then we have the same issue with no one putting the clothes in the basket.  The laundry situation makes me a little nuts.  I need to take a good couple of days to catch up on it and figure out a better system.  This weekend will be my chance.  



2)  What does "peace on earth goodwill to men" mean to you?
It means a time of kindness and generosity extended to ALL men and women.  

3)  Which edible treat are you most looking forward to sampling this holiday season?
Have you heard of Buckeyes????  Oh, let me tell you, they are wonderful!  When I worked at the hospital many, many years ago, a co-worker gave me the recipe for buckeyes.  My family loves the peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate!  They are pretty easy to make and they are divine to eat !  I also like all of the sugar cookies.  Those are my favorite!  I like the ones without a lot of frosting or none at all and just sprinkles.  You know, like the ones you can get at a grocery store.  Safeway has the best un-iced cookies around, in my opinion. Sugary Goodness!!!

4)  It's that most wonderful time of the year....do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful?  If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?  
I agree!  Anytime our family gets together and we enjoy each other's company is a wonderful time of year and the fact that we are remembering our Savior's birth makes this time of year all the more wonderful!  

5)  What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?
My my my!!!!  I cannot recall the last word but I know it was a search online and probably just to check spelling for something at work or here at home.  I love the convenience of the Internet.  Makes my life a lot easier!  What a great time saving tool it can be!!!

6)  Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
I like decorating the whole house!  But this year I seem to be focusing a lot of thought on my front porch for some reason.  I received one of those cute little signs I plan to put up one we get the lights on the house and the tree up inside.  Check out my cute little sign.


7)  Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) through blogging in general.
I think the one thing I've learned that I get a lot more page views on my blog whenever I have some detail to share about my husbands health or my MIL's health.  But if I post something that is mostly negative I don't receive as many page views.  (Of course, right???!!!) I've come to learn that everyone is looking for something uplifting and inspiring.  I am too.

8)  Share your own random thought.....
As I mentioned before, we are a little bit behind in getting the tree up and the lights up on the house this year.  BUT, we are doing better than we did last year.  Last year we didn't decorate until a day or two before Christmas Day.   BUT...this year we are doing something a little different!  A few weeks ago we were talking about some memories we had and we got to talking about my Father-in-law.  When we talked about Grandpa Kyle started to recall one of his favorite memories. Kyle said he use to love to help Grandpa put up the little Christmas village he had each year around this time of year.  He would cover the entire dining room table with little buildings and a train.  He took a 4 x 8 sheet of wood and put it over the dining room table.  Then he would set up each house or building with lights and moving parts.  Then he would set up the train around the entire village.  Kyle would watch that and play the with train, under Grandpa's watchful eye, of course.  When the boys were mentioning this to their Grandma she said they could take it.  This year we will be setting up the ice skating rink, the Ferris wheel, the church, the houses, the tunnels, and everything else somewhere in our home.  The boys are super excited to see this Christmas village again.  I may lose my dining room table, but if this helps them enjoy this Christmas then it's worth it.  I'll take a few photos of it when it's all set up.  It's pretty cool!  Well its getting late, and I have to be out the door pretty early to beat make it to work on time.  Take care and I will talk to you soon.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...