Saturday, December 20, 2014

A Very Full Day!

Two Things I am Grateful For:
1)  My Parents!  They have come to our rescue more than once this week and we really appreciate that.  Thank you Mom and Dad.

2)  The church I belong to for so many reasons!  I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!  From the moment my parents allowed those two young missionaries in our door when I was merely 4 or 5 years, old and the testimony that sparked in me because of my parents choice so many years ago..... and right on up to this morning when we received a knock at our door from a member of our Bishopric bearing gifts of yummy breakfast goodies.  I have received more blessings than I can count just by choosing to be a member of this great church.  What a blessing membership in this church affords me, my parents, my family, and hopefully those who we all share this gospel with. 

From the Camera:
We have a theme today...snowmen!  




\

From the Heart:
In keeping with our theme, random acts of kindness, here is another great idea....
This one is simple.  Here is it....Share.
That's right it is as simple as this.  Share your time or whatever you have. This idea comes from the example of others in my life.  From people I work with that always think of me and the rest of my team by sharing their lemons from their trees,  or who bring in veggie trays when we are swamped by a sea of sweets and goodies, to our ward family who brings us cool stuff for breakfast early in the morning.
There is always someone to share with and there is always something to share.  And it doesn't always have to be food you share...... 
Give it a try.  Believe me, this will bring joy.  Joy to those you share with, but more importantly, joy to you as the one who shares. 

From the Kitchen:


Gingerbread Oreo No Bake Mini Cheesecakes

YIELD: makes 6 mini cheesecakes
PREP TIME: 20 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

12 Gingerbread Oreos
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup prepared Gingerbread Pudding (prepared according to package directions)
8 ounces Cool Whip
Optional
Additional Cool Whip for topping
Wilton Gingerbread Men for garnish

DIRECTIONS:

1. Place the Gingerbread Oreos in the food processor and pulse a few times, until you have fine crumbs for the crust.
2. Divide the crumbs between six parfait cups or small canning jars. Gently press the crumbs into the bottom of each serving dish
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a medium bowl with a hand mixer, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, Gingerbread Pudding. Mix on low speed until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Using a rubber spatula, fold in Cool Whip until completely incorporated.
5. Spoon or pipe cheesecake filling into each serving cup.
6. If desired, pipe additional Cool Whip onto each mini cheesecake, then place one Wilton Gingerbread Man on top of the whipped cream for a festive look.
7. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.

NOTES:

- If you can't find the Wilton Gingerbread Men, or want to make these cheesecakes for a different occasion, simply sprinkle the whipped cream on top of each mini cheesecake with a little pumpkin pie spice.
- I have not attempted to make this recipe using fresh whipped cream, so I cannot attest to the outcome.
- Cheesecakes are best served the day the are made, but will store in refrigerator for up to one day
- Gingerbread Oreos were purchased from Walmart.

From the Spirit:

Article in the December 2014 Ensign titled:  My Most Miserable Favorite Christmas.  By: LAUREL TEUSCHER

As I look back now, I remember that Christmas as my favorite. That Christmas season I grew closer to my Savior and found joy not only in His birth but also in His Atonement. My Savior’s Christmas gift to me was a better understanding of His love and sacrifice for me.

 by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles 
 “You can’t separate Bethlehem from Gethsemane or the hasty flight into Egypt from the slow journey to the summit of Calvary. It’s of one piece. It is a single plan. It considers ‘the fall and rising again of many in Israel’ [Luke 2:34], but always in that order. Christmas is joyful not because it is a season or decade or lifetime without pain and privation, but precisely because life does hold those moments for us.”

From the Schmidt's: 
When I got home from work yesterday I called my Mom right away.  We were talking about a few things and I needed to call her back on a few things.  As it turns out, my parents put gas in my car and let me borrow the money to cover our checking account until the bank got the money back to us.  That totally saved the day.  Then after talking to some other family members, it turns out that they too needed some help, so we got them straightened out and help is on it's way to them today, thanks to my Mom and Dad.  Then while I was talking to my Mom and Dad Danielle mentioned that she was in need of a little help too.  She lost her job about a week ago.  She had her car payment, but not all of her car insurance money, or gas money for that matter.  So, my Mom came over and filled her gas tank and gave her some money to cover her car insurance and a little extra to get her through for a bit.  Of course all of this happens right before Christmas.  Which makes it no fun.  
After my mom came over and we talked for a while I went with Danielle to the post office to mail her car payment and to the bank to deposit the money my parents gave her so her car insurance payment would be covered.  What a HUGE blessing my parents have been!  
Last night after Danielle left our home after about 10 p.m. she sent me this message....

Danielle is a pretty amazing girl and we love her.  She has been a great example to her younger brothers and sister too.  She is working so hard to finish her college education and to do what is right.  It hasn't been easy for her either.  She has had several obstacles along the way.  This recent one being the loss of her job.  Yesterday when we talked to her she had applied to over 35 different places, so I'm sure after the holiday she will have a job soon.  It just takes a little time, and besides this may be a blessing in disguise.  Time will tell.  ~smile~smile~

Today we have a lot to do.  Cleaning and stuff like that.  Busy day.  So, sorry to cut this short, but I need to get everyone busy helping.  It's a Mom thing.  

Here is another Christmas Game....

Supplies:  a present wrapped multiple times, a pair of dice and a pair of winter gloves preferably without fingers.
Get a present, it doesn't have to be anything expensive, something that would be good for anyone....old, young, male or female.  Wrap the gift multiple times with different kinds of paper, tape, plastic, so there are several layers and so its easy to tell the different layers apart. 
Have all your guests sit around a table.  Each person takes a turn rolling a pair of dice.   When someone rolls doubles they have to put on a pair of snow gloves to unwrap a layer of the wrapping.  The last person to unwrap the present wins the gift.


Favorite Quote:

From the movie Hook:  

Peter's wife says to the "adult" Peter, 
"We have a few special years with our children,
when they're the ones that want us around."

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...