Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Stay Grateful

I know my post yesterday was a little, well,.....let's just say I vented a little more that I probably should have.  I restrained myself, somewhat, but it was still a lot!  Sorry about that.  So, I thought I would change things up a bit and move over to dwell on Gratitude for a bit.  Especially since this is the month we reflect on those things we are grateful for.  AND since I do not have a lot of time, here goes....

Gratitude in a fast ABC list.....
A is for Alexis, our youngest daughter.
B is for our Bishop!  He is totally amazing!
C if for Curtis, our youngest son.  
D is for Danielle, our oldest daughter.
E is for the Experiences that make us stronger.
F is for Family and our Faith
G is for Google Blogger. 
H is for my Husband and his love and support.
I is for my iPhone.  It was a hand-me-down, but I love that thing!
J is for my Job!  I am just grateful to have one.
K is for Kyle, our oldest son.
L is for Laughter!  Where would I be without being able to laugh.
M is for good Music.  
N is for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.
O is for Our Dog.  
P is for the Priesthood in our home and PRAYER.  
Q is for my favorite Quilt that keeps me warm on those cold nights.
R is for my Religion and it's influence in my life.
S is for Sabbatical!  I get a one month paid sabbatical every 5 years at work.  Next year I can take my second sabbatical and I cannot wait!  No big plans, but even if I just stay home with the family, that is a - okay with me. 
T is for the talents I have been blessed with, and those I am still learning about.
U is for the US of A!!!  What a blessing it is to live in  a free country!
V is for those Veterans that sacrificed to safeguard those freedoms we enjoy in this great country.
W is for Wisdom I have acquired throughout my life.
X is our eXtra special ward family.  Some of these people have been a part of our lives for over 30 plus years.  I ran into a few of those people tonight and we just pick up right where we left off.  Just like old friends.  I love that!!! 
Y is for Youth!  I know for a fact that it is a state of mind, because I do not feel my age.
Z is for my Zimmerman heritage, and the things my parents taught me.  


This is so true!  I need this photo in every room of my home and on my desk at work too.  Sure, life is crazy and full of all kinds of twists and turns.  The key really is to stay grateful.  When you have an attitude of gratitude the weight of your trials lightens and you are able to move forward with a new determination to get through it.  You have a choice to make.  Is this situation going to consume you or are you going to rise about it, get through it, and on to bigger and brighter things?  You are the only one that can make that decision.  Now is the time to choose.  
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...