No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks. When we recognize our many blessings and show gratitude for them, we will develop a positive optimistic attitude. It truly makes us happier. Here are some suggestions to become more grateful and show it:
- Pray for help in seeing your blessings more clearly. Express thanks in your daily prayers for these blessings.
- Thank your parents, grandparents, and others for the sacrifices they have made for you.
- Write a letter to a teacher or a leader who has influenced your life.
- Make a special phone call to thank someone or uplift their day.
- Spend some time helping your family or extended family. Express thanks for them for their help and example in your life.
- Demonstrate gratitude for your talents by developing one if them through lessons, practice, and performances. (This could be applied easily in scrap booking, or journal keeping.)
- Serve someone in a Christ-like way to show your thankfulness for the Savior's gifts and His example.
- Say Thank you, often.
- Show gratitude for your physical body by starting a new exercise program, learning a new sport, or eating a healthier diet.
- Tell a friend thanks, just for being your friend.
Quote: Trade your expectations to appreciation and the world changes instantly