Thursday, November 20, 2014

Gratitude Giggles & Grub

It's Wednesday.  Time for a few great questions.....

 
1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
Over the past few years I have watched a few people that I love become stricken with very serious health issues.  Many have died as a result.  This has made me grateful for the relatively good health that I enjoy and have often taken for granted.  I have two great parents that live right here in the same city, but we hardly see them.  I shutter to think what I would do without them.  I am truly grateful for all that they do for me.
And, the list could go on and on.........a husband that loves me and shows me that love in his actions, words and deeds every day. I am blessed!


2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?I would have to say that I love brown, it is a great color for me and I am so glad that it has made a "come back" in recent years.  I'm not sure about my favorite shade, maybe a chocolate brown.  I don't have any brown in my home decor  so guess it would be a brown shrug, sort of sweater-like, top.  I wear it a lot!  


3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
Oooh! For my co-worker to come back after being out sick for a few days.  So glad she came back today, but so sad she had to leave early because she is so sick still.  I hope she feels better soon.   Especially with the holidays right around the corner and work is much easier to deal with when she is there.
 AND...I always look forward to 4:30 P.M. That's the end of my work day!

4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?Oh, my.......this is a good one!  I immediately think "women's lib" when I hear the word.  No, I do not want to and likely would not be, known by those who know me, as a feminist. That is not to say that I do not think that there are those women who are every bit as capable as a man in both the corporate and political world but for me, I will leave those positions to men and other capable women and I'll enjoy continuing in my role as wife, mother, and helpmate to my husband.

~chief cook and bottle washer of our home~ ~chuckle~

5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?Well, I cannot think of one thing that I eat that makes a mess, but I'm sure there is something.  I would probably say I make a mess any time I am wearing a white blouse. ~big laugh~


6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?It's been a while.  I know, not good!  I think the last time I surprised someone, it was probably my youngest daughter with a couple blouses I found on sale for $2.00 each.  What a deal, right?? ~smile~


7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.

"Gratitude unlocks the fulness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."

8.  Insert your own random thought here...
I had plans to make a nice dinner for the family, but decide to do something quick and easy after all.  Everyone was headed in different directions and no one could wait for dinner to be done.  I'll cook what I had planned for tonight,
tomorrow.  It's something we tried a couple of weeks ago.
My youngest son does not like meatloaf.  I have tried cooking it in muffin tins, he won't eat it.  When I make the meatloaf into meatballs, serve it over mash potatoes, with brown gravy, green beans on the side, and a roll, he loves it!!
I also changed my seasoning up a little bit, so the meatloaf part is not quite as noticeable.  It works and they all love it.  So, we will make that again.....tomorrow.
It's funny to me how my families favorite meals have come about.  They absolutely love my chicken and rice dish.  That was something that has evolved over the years from a basic recipe I found years ago.  When I made it the first time it was chicken, rice, sliced carrots, celery, and cabbage.  Well, I personally do not like cabbage so I left that part out and substituted regular lettuce instead.
.  When my kids tried it (they were probably 6 or 7 at the time) they hated the carrots and celery, and that had to go.  Now I make just chicken and rice, serve it over those crunchy Chinese noodles and vegetables on the side.  They love it. 

 This meatball thing was kind of the same thing.  I wanted to make meatloaf to stretch the meat I had and the meatballs came from a little Mom creativity.  
Love that!  
What recipes have you altered for your family?  Share, I want to hear, please.

AND...
I just had to share this.  Aren't they the cutest!!!


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...