1. What's something you take for granted, that when you stop and think about it you feel truly grateful for?
And, the list could go on and on.........a husband that loves me and shows me that love in his actions, words and deeds every day. I am blessed!
2. The color brown-love it or no? What's your favorite shade of brown? Most loved something in your home or closet in a shade of brown?I would have to say that I love brown, it is a great color for me and I am so glad that it has made a "come back" in recent years. I'm not sure about my favorite shade, maybe a chocolate brown. I don't have any brown in my home decor so guess it would be a brown shrug, sort of sweater-like, top. I wear it a lot!
3. What's something you're looking forward to today?
4. The word 'feminism' is not new, but it has been generating all kinds of headlines in recent days and months. What do you think/feel when you hear the word? If you're a woman, do you want to be described as a feminist? Why or why not?Oh, my.......this is a good one! I immediately think "women's lib" when I hear the word. No, I do not want to and likely would not be, known by those who know me, as a feminist. That is not to say that I do not think that there are those women who are every bit as capable as a man in both the corporate and political world but for me, I will leave those positions to men and other capable women and I'll enjoy continuing in my role as wife, mother, and helpmate to my husband.
~chief cook and bottle washer of our home~ ~chuckle~
5. What's something you personally can't eat without making a mess?Well, I cannot think of one thing that I eat that makes a mess, but I'm sure there is something. I would probably say I make a mess any time I am wearing a white blouse. ~big laugh~
6. When did you last surprise someone with a little gift or when were you last surprised by someone with a little gift? What was it?It's been a while. I know, not good! I think the last time I surprised someone, it was probably my youngest daughter with a couple blouses I found on sale for $2.00 each. What a deal, right?? ~smile~
7. Share a favorite quote, saying, song lyric or scripture relating to gratitude.
"Gratitude unlocks the fulness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend."
8. Insert your own random thought here...