Sunday, October 26, 2014

Thanks for staying....

We walked into the chapel today for sacrament and I was doing really good.  One of the sisters that usually sits in the back of the chapel pulled Curtis over and was talking to him.  After Curtis sat down I couldn't help but notice that she was crying so I walked over to her.  She is a sweet sister who always cares for everyone.  Now remember I was doing just fine right up until this moment.  She asked about Kevin and everything and then she said, with tears streaming down her face, "Thank you for staying with him and for sticking by him.  It's great to see that you are still with him.  That is wonderful.  You are a strong woman."   I told her that was the only option for me.  And she thanked me again and again.  As I was walking back to my seat I began to cry too.  I have no idea what this sweet sister was going through in her own life and I have no idea why she felt she needed to thank me for doing what I promised to do when my husband and I were sealed in the temple.  But I felt as if she needed to see our example today for some reason.  That she needed to know families do stick together even when things get hard.  I am still crying as I type this post today.  She about did me in.  I had no idea we could be that kind of example as we muddle through our situation.  In some way, I needed to hear the words she spoke.  I needed to know that we are still of value in some way.  I needed to know that we are not forgotten.  I needed to know that we are still needed.  It was nice to hear.  Now, I don't know if I will ever recover from those words.   -smile-smile-smile-cry-cry-cry.  

Kevin and I went to visit my MIL again today.  We took her sweats and a couple T-shirts.  She needs them for physical therapy.  While we were up there she shared some of the same crazy stories.  I think the medicine is really getting to her.  I just hope she gets better soon.  It's hard to see her like this.  Her hands shake and she just sees frail.  It's sad.  She just needs to get better and off the pain medication.  Kevin can only take a little bit of this getting in the car thing and sitting upright for a little while before it starts to get to him.  I really thought my boys were going to have to pick Kevin up out of the car to bring him into the house.  As it is, he nearly fell as we were leaving in the nursing home.  He wants to help out with his mom, but these visits and late night visits are really beginning to have an effect on him.  If he is not careful he is going to find himself in a wheelchair permanently.  Which is the last place he wants to be.  I tried to get him to let me put him in a wheelchair when we went to visit his mother at the hospital right after surgery and he flat out refused.  The man can be so stubborn sometimes.  I don't know what he thinks I am going to do if he falls down.  The thought of that happening away from home scares me to death.  I certainly cannot pick him up and he obviously is not thinking clearly.  Silly man.

Danielle stopped by tonight.  She needed a father's blessing from her dad.  I love those days when we all come together for a father's blessing.  It's great.  I love having the Priesthood in our home.  It is a wonderful blessing for all of us.  

Tomorrow starts another busy week for me.  We have a lot going on at work.  That usually means business casual dress days for me, pretty much every day this week except Halloween.  For Halloween everyone will be in costumes.  I still cannot believe Halloween is around the corner.  I need to get to bed.  More tomorrow.  Take care and we will talk to you soon.  




 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...