Monday, October 6, 2014

Happy Monday!

After spending most of last week in doctor's offices this week seems to be starting off a lot slower.  Thank goodness!  Kevin got the okay from his doctor to increase his medicine to 60 milligrams today.  Thursday we go up to 80 milligrams.  I think they will eventually need to increase the 4 hour Oxy too.  Time will tell.  We appreciate all your prayers.  It means a lot.  :)

I spent Saturday morning sleeping in.  That's right I missed the first session of conference.  Not good! Normally I cannot wait for General Conference.  I never seem to be able to get to bed at a decent hour anymore.  I just cannot fall asleep at night these days.  I've been known to stay up until 2:30 a.m. and then fall asleep and have to wake up at 5:00 a.m. for work the next day.  Friday night was no different.  So, sleeping in was nice on Saturday.  I don't think I woke up until at least 10:30 a.m.  I know, most of the morning was gone by then.  I hate it when I do that.  Later that day I ran a couple of errands with Curtis before we all had to leave. 

Kyle and Curtis went to the Priesthood session of Conference, and I went out with my future daughter-in-law and her mother to go see some of the things my Sister-In-Law has to borrow for the wedding reception.  We only have a few more weeks.  My Brother and Sister in law have had 5 kids get married and they have all kinds of things they have collected over the years that they have offered to let us borrow to help decorate the place we have booked for the reception.  Plus the things that I have, as well as a few things we are borrowing from some other folks.  I think this will turn out really nice.  I'm excited!  We have a large space to fill.  Take a look.  

It's a big space!  Big backyard!  But I'm sure it will turn out to look amazing!  



 Now these photos are from another event.  The photos help us to see the canopy of lights and the bare space we will have to try and fill.  We have lots of things planned, so I hope it all comes together nicely.  We also will be scheduling a church building in the area, just in case it rains that day.  Better to be safe than sorry.  

Lexi and Kyle have been home today helping their dad.  When I came home Kyle had cleaned my bathroom and picked up the living room.  That was a nice surprise and I totally appreciate that.  He is a good kid and I am really going to miss him when he gets married.

Curtis went to one of his friends Open House Sunday night.  His friend leaves for his mission Tuesday.  Curtis spent about 4 hours at their house playing video games and chatting with this friend.  They just live across the street from us.  Curtis is going to miss Spencer Dickson while he is away on his mission.  But Curtis will be leaving soon too.  Tonight when we were all coming home from work and lifting Spencer, his dad, and most of his brothers and sisters stopped to say one last goodbye.  Ah!  It almost made me cry.  Tonight Spencer gets set apart, then tomorrow they drop him off at the airport at 5 a.m.  Then he is off to the Colombian M.T.C.  Wow!....But very exciting!

Saturday morning brought some bad news for everyone in our ward.  One of the families in our ward were travelling and they were in a pretty bad car accident.  The news said the mother and her 3 and a half month old baby were ejected from the vehicle.  The mother has undergone two surgeries since the accident.  We are praying for this family, hoping all goes well for them.  They have been through a lot in just two short days, and I know they will have much more to endure.  My heart goes out to them.  Not exactly the kind of news you like to hear on a Saturday morning, especially when it's someone you know and love.  

This weekend went by very quickly.  I sometimes wish we had another day.  Oh well, Monday started out rough, but has shaped up to be pretty good.  The mere fact that we did not have to go to some doctor or dentist today was awesome news!  Hope today was good to you too.  Happy Monday and I hope you have a great rest of the week.  Enjoy! 






 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...