Friday, October 31, 2014

Birds, Birds, Birds

Time for some more random questions.  Today's topic: Birds.....

1. Some hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be most willing to taste?
I think my husband would LOVE to go hunting, but that simply is out of the question right now.  Still healing.  BUT, if he we were to go hunting most likely it would be for elk in Kaibab National Forest.  I have had Elk before, in tamales.  I think that is as adventurous as I will ever be.  -smile-

2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
On top of the Oakland Temple to get a bird's eye view of the Golden Gate Bridge.  Talk about a view!  It's beautiful to see the temple from the freeway all lite up at night on top of the mountain, and it is beautiful to see the view from the top of the temple when the fog has cleared.  Simply breath taking!  

3.  Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
No, we do not have any birds in our home, but we have several bird houses and a couple bird cages in our home.  

4. Tell about a time you 'killed two birds with one stone'?
Shoot!  I do this every single day of my life.  After all, don't they call that multi-tasking?  Just today I drove to work while listening to the scriptures.  I took a nap in my car while on my lunch break.  I talked to my husband about his doctor's appointment while on my afternoon break.  I made dinner while putting away the clean dishes in the dishwasher and cleaned off the counter.  I talked to a client on the phone, while writing an email to another department.  I visited with my husband, while talking to my sister-in-law, and texting my oldest daughter all at the same time.  I know of several women that do this everyday.  I think we were just "built" to be able to kill two birds with one stone, an do it very well.  

5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
Fly like an Eagle by the Steve Miller Band
Free Bird by Lynyrd Skynyrd

6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
Oh, probably today when I was talking to my husband after his doctor's appointment...and not the good kind of goose bumps either.  (I think my goose bumps are actually the beginning of another hives break out.  Can you say stress?)  EEK!  The good kind of goose bumps...watching my son compete at the National Weight Lifting Competition.  When my youngest daughter plays volleyball and slides across the floor on her chest after she dives for a ball.  AND sometimes when I am moved by the promptings of the Holy Ghost.  Those are the good kind of goose bumps.

7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
We do not have any plans for Halloween this year and that is just fine with me.  I did trick or treat as a child and it was a lot of fun in those days, and my grandmother always made a homemade treat of some kind and gave it to us in a gift bag full of candy.  Back then, my parents would always inspect my candy before we could eat it.  Our family would always carve one or two pumpkins.  My parents were pretty good at it too.  Neighbors always commented about how cool our pumpkins always looked.  They were spooky!  My most memorable costume were part of a family theme.  The kids and I dressed up as spiders and we made Kevin the can of Raid bug killer.  I have a photo of us too.  Take a look.  That was when I was adventurous and made all of our costumes.  I just LOVE Kevin in his costume!  We even made a stop at Taco Bell that night in our costumes.  It was great!  Everyone laughed when they saw him.  (Not us, they really only laughed at Kevin.)  -sigh- 
It's an old, old photo and the quality is bad, but we LOVE this!
8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Is your mailbox as full as mine has been with all the Christmas catalogs?  I think we started getting them in September and I have thrown away about 95% of them.  I wish I could say I was pretty much done with my Christmas shopping, but that simply isn't true.  I will say this, I plan to do most, if not all, of my shopping online this year if I can.  LOVE that option!  Can you believe Christmas is right around the corner?  I still want to know where January 2014 has gone.  Can you believe this year is almost over?  Hard to believe!   

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...