1. Do you manage your own money or do you have a financial planner who helps in some way? Do those kinds of conversations stress you out? A lot or a little?
2. The second week of October is Pet Peeve Week. Off the top of your head, share TWO of your current pet peeves.
1. Going to Wal-Mart and the only check out lanes open are the self check out. It aggravates the "daylites" out of me!
2. People sitting through red lights because they are busy texting. I mean, I'm glad they are stopped while they are texting but they need to pay attention to the light and GO when the light turns green. ~really~
3. What is one thing you'd like to learn right now, this very week if you could?
I would love to know ALL the ins and outs of real estate, or owning my own business. I would love to go back to school some day too. I think it would be fun to help other people find their dream homes. That just sounds exciting to me for some reason. I know, there are so many real estate agents out there now a days. I guess it wouldn't be about the money for me, it would be more about the fun in helping others.
4. How concerned are you about the recent health related news concerning Ebola? How about Enterovirus D68?
Well, they are both very scary and so are many other health issues but I just do not let them consume my thoughts. I try to wash my hands more times than the law allows in a given day. And, I try to take care of myself as best I can and after that, what will be, will be.
5. Garfield, Nemo, or Tigger-your favorite orange cartoon character?
Hands down, it would be Nemo. He is just so cute. Not to mention that Nemo has been like a poster child for me with his little song...."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, swimming." What can I say, its the little things that keep me going day to day. Seriously!
I have not seen that many movies based on books but the one that immediately came to my mind was "The Help". While, in my opinion, it was done well, it did not compare to the book. When reading a book you get to make your own movie in your thoughts as you read and that type of movie can hardly be beat. ~grin~
7. What is one story your family always tells about you?
Oh, there are several! I had to ask my husband about this one. He helped me pick one out to share....
The other story is pretty funny! It was almost Christmas time and we had just moved into this house. I always seem to get pictures on the walls right away when we move in, partly because I don't want them to get broken, and partly because I want our children to feel at home as soon as possible after we move in. Setting up house always seems to make a house feel like a home faster than sitting around with boxes everywhere. Anyway, I happened to be standing on one of the chairs to our dining room table that had a leg lose. I was reaching up over my head to hang something when the chair gave out and I fell to the ground. Without skipping a beat, my kids sang this song to me, "Mom fell on her bum bum bum bum." To the tune of The Little Drummer Boy. Fitting since it was so close to Christmas. Now, anytime I go to stand on something they sing that song to me just to remind me that they remember, and to remind me to be careful too. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.