1. Summer is my least favorite season. I hate heat, I hate humidity. I hate stifling, still air. I do love the fun activities of summer as long as the air is moving. I'm always hot and sleep with a fan blowing near me even in the winter. (except if I get sick) I'd choose a cooler climate over 90 degrees every time!
2. I've only had two actual tickets in my life and yet, I have NEVER had to try and talk my way out of any speeding tickets. I have yet to learn how to do that. From what I hear, practice makes perfect, and frankly I do not want to have to try. The first ticket I got right after I graduated high school driving down Power Road through a school zone. I was going 35 and the speed limit is 25 mph in that area. The 2nd ticket I received right after Kevin and I were married and I was pregnant with our first child. I hit someone's tail light as I was pulling out of our apartment complex. Funny thing, I caused the accident, but I was the one to invite the other driver into our apartment so she could use the phone to call her family. Wasn't that nice of me? I thought so too. :)
3. I do not mind public speaking.....as long as I am speaking on a subject I enjoy. I usually do not get butterflies and have never had stage fright. I sort of get a rush from it. On the other hand, I do not enjoy performing in plays. Good thing I don't get stage fright or have issues with public speaking, otherwise days like today would have been a complete nightmare at work. I walking into my office and sat down at my desk this morning only to find out that I had a surprise half and hour long presentation to give in the executive board room this afternoon. Good thing the presentation was on something I know a little bit about. -smile-
4. I am a chronic list maker, and I don't mean that I make lists on my cell phone. Oh no! I make hand written lists. You know, the way people did that sort of thing before cell phones. I make lists of things I need to do around the house. Lists about books I need to buy and read. Lists of things to get at the store. Lists of quotes I love that I come across in the course of my day. List of projects I want to complete. You should see me some days. I come home with at least 3 of 4 lists a day. In fact, when I clean out my purse I find all kinds of little lists and sticky notes. Time to come up with a better way, right?
5. Before Kevin and I got married I had this pillow that I absolutely LOVED! I couldn't go to sleep at night until I had this certain pillow. BUT, it always had to be cold. I use to place my pillow in the freezer before bed just to get it nice and cold for me. I could not get enough of my cold pillow. 27 years later and I do not have that pillow anymore, but I still like cold pillows. No, I don't put pillows in the freezer these days. Who has time for that Now a days I just fall into bed.
6. I am a closet pack rat. I have been known to save #10 cans, jars, lids, you name it. I drove Kevin completely nuts about this. In fact, any time he looked under our sink he would freak out. Now a days I still save things, just not the same things. I guess that comes from the old saying, "use it up, wear it out, or do without." Time to work on becoming a minimalist. :)
7. I am obsessed with all the back episodes of Burn Notice, The Closer, and lately Scandal.
I cannot get enough of those shows. Can you believe I am not a romantic comedy kind of a girl. Sure, I like those once in a while. But give me something with a little drama and mystery and I am a happy girl. I could watch those shows all day if my family would let me.
8. I do not like veggies on my burgers and sandwiches, and I absolutely HATE cooked veggies. Give me raw veggies every time! I prefer to snack on carrots and have my leafy greens in tossed salad form. Plus, I hate how the lettuce gets wilted on a burger. Yuck! It's just a hang up I have. What can I say? And, oh yeah....mustard is my favorite condiment of all times!
9. I LOVE to sing. I started singing when I was about 6 or 7. I remember singing with my parents in the church choir at the ago of 6 or 7 too. It was a lot of fun! In fact, I remember our choir director, the Bishop's wife, had me singing solos all the time in Sacrament Meeting. With the choir director's push to keep trying I learned to love to sing. In fact, I was in every choir I could be in in Elementary School, Junior High, and High School until we moved back to Arizona, my Senior year. Sure, I sang in the occasional youth choir, but I never got involved with any of the choirs that last year of high school. I think by not continuing to pursue my love of singing, and never really pursuing that talent beyond high school has helped me to lose that talent. Sure, I sing in church and I sing in the car or around the house. But not the way I use to. I miss that.
10. I have an obsession for anything to do with weddings. In fact, I would even call it a compulsion. It's bad. For the longest time my family thought I needed an intervention. Well, that intervention came with the last two weddings I helped with. The love of all things wedding is still there, but the compulsion is gone. Which is a good thing.
So, these are just a few quiry things about me. YES, there are more. But, we will save those for another day. Hope you had a wonderful day. Have a great Wednesday. Talk to you soon!