Tuesday, October 28, 2014

10 Quirky Things About Me

teN quiRky thiNgs abOut mE.

1.  Summer is my least favorite season.  I hate heat, I hate humidity.  I hate stifling, still air.  I do love the fun activities of summer as long as the air is moving.  I'm always hot and sleep with a fan blowing near me even in the winter.  (except if I get sick) I'd choose a cooler climate over 90 degrees every time!

2.  I've only had two actual tickets in my life and yet, I have NEVER had to try and talk my way out of any speeding tickets.  I have yet to learn how to do that.  From what I hear, practice makes perfect, and frankly I do not want to have to try.  The first ticket I got right after I graduated high school driving down Power Road through a school zone.  I was going 35 and the speed limit is 25 mph in that area.  The 2nd ticket I received right after Kevin and I were married and I was pregnant with our first child.  I hit someone's tail light as I was pulling out of our apartment complex.  Funny thing, I caused the accident, but I was the one to invite the other driver into our apartment so she could use the phone to call her family.  Wasn't that nice of me?  I thought so too. :)

3. I do not mind public speaking.....as long as I am speaking on a subject I enjoy.  I usually do not get butterflies and have never had stage fright.  I sort of get a rush from it.  On the other hand, I do not enjoy performing in plays.  Good thing I don't get stage fright or have issues with public speaking, otherwise days like today would have been a complete nightmare at work.  I walking into my office and sat down at my desk this morning only to find out that I had a surprise half and hour long presentation to give in the executive board room this afternoon.  Good thing the presentation was on something I know a little bit about.  -smile-

4.  I am a chronic list maker, and I don't mean that I make lists on my cell phone.  Oh no!  I make hand written lists.  You know, the way people did that sort of thing before cell phones.  I make lists of things I need to do around the house.  Lists about books I need to buy and read.  Lists of things to get at the store.  Lists of quotes I love that I come across in the course of my day.  List of projects I want to complete.  You should see me some days.  I come home with at least 3 of 4 lists a day.  In fact, when I clean out my purse I find all kinds of little lists and sticky notes.  Time to come up with a better way, right?

5.  Before Kevin and I got married I had this pillow that I absolutely LOVED!  I couldn't go to sleep at night until I had this certain pillow.  BUT, it always had to be cold.  I use to place my pillow in the freezer before bed just to get it nice and cold for me.  I could not get enough of my cold pillow.  27 years later and I do not have that pillow anymore, but I still like cold pillows.  No, I don't put pillows in the freezer these days.  Who has time for that  Now a days I just fall into bed.  

6.  I am a closet pack rat.  I have been known to save #10 cans, jars, lids, you name it.  I drove Kevin completely nuts about this.  In fact, any time he looked under our sink he would freak out.  Now a days I still save things, just not the same things.  I guess that comes from the old saying, "use it up, wear it out, or do without."  Time to work on becoming a minimalist.  :)

7.  I am obsessed with all the back episodes of Burn Notice, The Closer, and lately Scandal.  
I cannot get enough of those shows.  Can you believe I am not a romantic comedy kind of a girl.  Sure, I like those once in a while.  But give me something with a little drama and mystery and I am a happy girl.  I could watch those shows all day if my family would let me.

8.  I do not like veggies on my burgers and sandwiches, and I absolutely HATE cooked veggies.  Give me raw veggies every time!  I prefer to snack on carrots and have my leafy greens in tossed salad form.  Plus, I hate how the lettuce gets wilted on a burger.  Yuck!  It's just a hang up I have.  What can I say?  And, oh yeah....mustard is my favorite condiment of all times!

9.  I LOVE to sing.  I started singing when I was about 6 or 7.  I remember singing with my parents in the church choir at the ago of 6 or 7 too.  It was a lot of fun!  In fact, I remember our choir director, the Bishop's wife, had me singing solos all the time in Sacrament Meeting.  With the choir director's push to keep trying I learned to love to sing.  In fact, I was in every choir I could be in in Elementary School, Junior High, and High School until we moved back to Arizona, my Senior year.  Sure, I sang in the occasional youth choir, but I never got involved with any of the choirs that last year of high school.  I think by not continuing to pursue my love of singing, and never really pursuing that talent beyond high school has helped me to lose that talent.  Sure, I sing in church and I sing in the car or around the house.  But not the way I use to.  I miss that.

10.  I have an obsession for anything to do with weddings.  In fact, I would even call it a compulsion.  It's bad.  For the longest time my family thought I needed an intervention.  Well, that intervention came with the last two weddings I helped with.  The love of all things wedding is still there, but the compulsion is gone.  Which is a good thing.  

So, these are just a few quiry things about me.  YES, there are more.  But, we will save those for another day.  Hope you had a wonderful day.  Have a great Wednesday.  Talk to you soon!
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...