Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Yesterdays Gone, Yesterdays Gone!!!

Yesterday was a CRAZY day.  Kyle ran Curtis to work around 4:30 a.m.  Then he also ran Lexi to school later in the morning.  When he tried to start the car each time it was hard to start it.  So, I called and made arrangements to take the car in to the dealership.  (Thank goodness we have the full warranty.)  Shortly after I got off the phone with the dealership, Kevin and I talked and I rescheduled the appointment to today.

At around noon yesterday Lexi was texting me telling me she needed to come home from school.  She got sick and needed to change her clothes.  So, I went out to the car.  It wouldn't start for me at all.  I called my mother-in-law, who happened to be home, to run and pick up Lexi.  By the time she got Lexi home the car was fixed!  The car has been acting up for several days now, and it was fixed in 5 minutes.  Kevin was having a hard time NOT being able to do anything.  He came outside with his walker and sat in the driver's seat and tried to start the car.  Then he had Kyle pop the hood open.  Come to find out, the grounding wire from the battery was loose and had a part that looked like someone took a cigarette to it.  (No, I don't think anyone did that.  I think it just happened.)  So, Kyle wrapped that portion of the wire with electrical tape and tightened the grounding wire.  Now the car starts like it did before.  We can even use the remote start now too!  We still need to replace the wire, but this will hold until I get paid again.  No visit to the dealership, and no deductible to pay to get whatever fixed.  YES!!!  

One of the things that has bothered Kevin the most about being down and recovering is that he cannot do the things he use to do.  Simple things like plunge a toilet or mow the lawn.  The things he would do.  You know, the things you rely on your husband to help with around the house.  Things I have been either doing myself or asking the boys to do.  OR at least trying to get the boys to do.  I have to say, things always happen whenever Kevin is in the hospital or on a scout trip...now we can also throw in whenever Kevin is recovering from back surgery too.  It never fails!  It's frustrating for me, of course.  BUT, through all of this, I have tried to not complain to Kevin much.  This stuff is all ready bothering him, why should I add to that?  Who knew there would come a day when my husband would mourn the day he could plunge a toilet?  :)  I love that man!  

Yesterday, if he wouldn't have been sitting in the driver's seat, the car would still be acting up.  If he wouldn't have insisted on coming outside yesterday who knows where we would be now.  That man can be very stubborn sometimes.  But I am very grateful he was stubborn with this.  Sitting up is something that really hurts for him.  Thankfully he didn't have to do that for very long.  After the issue with the car, Kevin came inside and was asleep by noon and didn't wake up until after 7 p.m.  He has had some trouble sleeping lately.  And when he cannot sleep, I cannot sleep.  Our sleep pattern has been all messed up because of it.  In fact, he hasn't slept much at all with the weather.  He can tell me when it is going to rain better than the weather people on the news.  

Today is another day.....let's do this:

1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way? 
Oh, I will never, ever forget that day.  I was at home and I remember the breaking news reports showed all the photographs of the twin towers.  It all seemed so strange.  I remember getting phone calls from my husband discussing this too.  I remember sitting on the couch watching thinking, this cannot be happening.  I was scared, and I was thousands of miles away.  

When I was driving Lexi home from her physical therapy today we went past a fire station.  In the grass outside the station were mini flags.  One for each person killed on 9/11.  How cool is that?  Then Lexi proceeded to tell me everyone at the school has been asked to wear gray tomorrow to remember the people and events of 9/11.  How cool is that?  So, I think we might do something along the same lines.  Display a flag and wear gray!  We can do that!

2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
 
I do listen to actual radio every time I get into my car.  Other than that, if we want a little music in the house, iTunes provides that for us..  I haven't watched a videotape in forever.  For local numbers I do still use the phonebook, for all others it is either White or Yellow Pages app. Never ever do I use a paper map.  GPS was created for folks like me.  My phone is my alarm clock in the morning, but it use to be the alarm-clock radio.

3.  Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
 
Well, probably most of the time it is not.  But, depending on the group ~and we usually have a good idea of the "climate" of the group~ it might be alright.  I'd say it calls for some really good judgement.   I usually don't bring these topics up unless someone else does it first.   Unless, I really get a strong impression that something needs to be said.  It's funny to me when those moments come up because I get really agitated and cannot sit still until what I have to say is said.  When those moments come up and I get agitated and cannot sit still, I am always amazed.....it is those moments I know are promptings from the Holy Ghost that I have to act on.  I am always humbled when these moments come up too.  It's a good thing!!!  

  4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month? 
I don't usually "crave" this, but usually chili is something I think about making once the weather changes.  When it's cold outside its nice to make a big pot of chili and cornbread or fry bread.  My family usually gets fry bread, but the like it when we change it up and do cornbread too.

  5. What's something you know nothing about? 
Oh, there are SOOO many things!  I can't even begin to narrow it down to just one thing.  I would say home repairs.  That seems to be the big one lately.  :)

6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?

Yes, I do like classical music, in very small doses.  I do not want to go and sit and listen to it for very long, but to hear it playing softly in the background is very peaceful and calming to me.  I don't have a favorite piece right this minute, probably because all the names are usually weird. ~well they are~ But, the more piano that is involved, the better I like it.  I am afraid that the younger generation will not learn to have an appreciation whatsoever of classical music.  
7. What's the oldest thing you own?
 
Oh!  That is a good question.  I will have to think about this one for a while because I am really not sure.  Maybe it's my husband or my children.  I really cannot think of anything off the top of my head.  

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I was reading a post from another blogger the other day.  The blogger mentioned that they had trouble with their lawn mower all summer long.  It was a riding lawn mover and it kept over-heating and it would cut unevenly.  One of her neighbors left a nasty letter in their mailbox.  She was completely devastated and in tears over it.  (She posted a copy of the letter too.)  The point I am trying to make is this, you never really know what someone is going through in their personal life.  Even if you are super close to them.  So, try and be nice.  I have a friend that has been approached by a couple twice now commenting that they NEVER see her at church or other church activities.  They have come right out and made assumptions that she just does not come.  Little do they know this persons health issues, and they keep sticking their foot in their mouth with each bad comment this husband and wife keep making.  BUT, what they do not know is that these comments have caused this friend to be in tears each time they do this.  AND these are grandparents that make these comments. The point I am trying to make is, even though you THINK you know everything about someone, you really don't.  So, BE NICE and think before you speak or put someone out. 

 
 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...