Sunday, September 7, 2014

What a Weekend!!

This has been an interesting weekend, to say the least. Lolts of twists and turns.  That is for sure.  In fact, I am having a panic attack about it all, as we speak.  I hate it when that happens.  Luckily things are calming down for me now.  

One good thing that happened was that we got a text from our Bishop yesterday. It was his weekly "check in on Kevin" text.  Which we totally appreciate.  Later that night we met with the Bishop.  The Bishop is working on getting some of the men in our ward lined up to assist Kevin whenever he needs it.  Kevin will have a list to call from.  They are even working on getting a lockbox for the front door so we don't have issues wiith a hide-a-key.  This way I can go back to work and worry a little less that he won't make it to the bathroom, and we will find him on the ground.  His legs are weak still and he gas nearly fallen twice since surgery.  Not good.  The whole reason we did emergency surgery was because he fell three times the day before he was admitted.  And I was home with him too. The worst fall happened in the middle of the night.  He was on the ground in our family room for three hours before Curtis found him at 4 a.m.   No one could hear him calling for help from their bedrooms.  That's partly why we moved him into Danielle's old room.  This way he is right near the kitchen and right where we can all get to him AND we can hear him when he calls us.  

I have to say I am very grateful we have a Bishop that heeds the prompting a of the Holy Ghost.  What a blessing he has been in our lives.  I just hope his family knows how much we appreciate them allowing their husband and father to serve the way he does.  I know being a Bishop is a rough and tough calling no one ever wants.  It's a lot of stress and hard work, but we sure are grateful our Bishop agreed to take this calling.  I joked when he handed me a white envelope that he has church stationery with his name on it now, pretty impressive.  He said, "yeah, I never wanted it."  We know Bishop, we know.  But we also know you are the man The Lord wanted for our ward and that is a huge blessing for us, and hopefully this calling has also brought you and your family many blessings too. 

It's late and Kevin and I can't sleep again.  He gets in pain and I "try" to help, but there isn't much I can really do.  Fetch ice packs, move plillows, walk with him.  It's hard.  Thankfully Kyle set us up with Netflix, Hulu, Anazon, and a hard drive full of movies to watch.  Kevin sits here with a laptop going to take his mind off the pain.  Tomorrow he starts physical therapy.  If you can really call it that.  It's light massage and a little heat and ice.  We are taking it very slow.  It will be good though.  

We also had Kevin's brother and sister-in-law stop by with dinner again today.  Chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, fruit salad, and cupcakes.  Yum!  It was very nice of them to bring us dinner.  I know she has a lot going on and cooking at all is hard for any working mother.  So, I am very grateful.  I know it's not easy.  Well, it's Time to try to sleep.  Have a good night and a great week.  Talk to you soon.  


 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...