Thursday, September 25, 2014

It's Fall Y'all!

Today is the first day Kevin will be home alone, pretty much most of the day, since he has been home from the hospital.  Since I went back to work he has only been left alone for no more than an hour at a time.  We are crossing all our fingers and toes hoping all goes well.  You see, Kevin fell yesterday.  Now he has a walker that he uses to go EVERY WHERE that stays by his bed so all he has to do is stand up and it's right there for him.  Well, yesterday he stood up to get out of bed and his left leg gave out so down he went!  Not Good!  Not good at all!  I tried to get him to go to the Emergency Room or call the doctors to get checked out, he won't do it.  He says the ER will just shoot him full of more pain meds and send him home.  Something obviously is wrong, but he won't let me call the doctor and I can't carry him to the car, either.   See what I mean.  He is my ornery stubborn man.  But I love him.

Kyle has a National Weight Lifting Competition this weekend in New Mexico.  We wish we could make the trip with him, but there is no way for so many reasons.  The first and main reason being that Kevin is just not up for a long car ride these days.  So we will be streaming the competition from the comfort of our home.  We wish Kyle and all of his teammates good luck!  



Our soon to be daughter-in-law will be out of town this weekend too.  She has her 
rotation with the National Guard this weekend.  So she will miss Kyle's competition too.  We wish Morgan a safe trip while she is away.  Hopefully her trip will be quick!  We will miss her too.  Have I mentioned that we think this girl is pretty awesome???  She is totally a-MAZ-ing!!!  Totally!!! 



Tonight Lexi is off at Mesa High for the traditional Bon Fire.  This use to be the annual burning of the Westwood Warrior, but they can't do that anymore.  So they just have a huge Bon Fire in the middle of a field on the school campus.  It's pretty cool to see.  Mesa High has been around since the 1950's so there are a ton of traditions that have been passed down from generation to generation.  It's pretty cool.  




Things are looking up.  I just sent my first draft to the wholesale florist with a list of pricing questions.  We plan to place our order soon so we can have some things special ordered if need be.  They usually need a few weeks notice to special order.  Plus I had a few availability questions on a couple things too.  This way I will know up front what we are able to get and what we are not.  AND and an awesome price too.  Who doesn't like that?  

So, since it is officially fall, even though it still feels like summer here, let's have a little fall fun....




1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'? 

I absolutely LOVE being able to open all the doors and windows and let in all that nice cool fresh air!  It is wonderful!!!  Not to mention getting out all the holiday decorations....that is fun too.  I doubt seriously that we will actually see any fall colors here in Arizona.  We don't get the changing of the seasons like some have back east.  (I would love to see all the fall leaves and collect a few to bring home! )  
I did say Y'all when I was a little girl once or twice.  I was born in Texas and had quite the accent from what my parents tell me.  Who would have guest that???  


2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?   

Hum...I don't even think I like the sound of that question.  LOL!  Actually, I had someone kind of coax me into a so called "falling out" earlier this year.  She kept asking me if I was mad.  I wasn't mad.  In fact, I was NEVER mad.  I was hurt.  Have things been resolved?  No.  Could things have happened differently?  Sure they could have.  That doesn't mean it always works that way.  Have I tried to resolve things.  A little.  Could I try harder?  Sure I could.  Will I?  I don't know.  I am a little scared about the whole thing, to be honest.  BUT, looks like there might be a chance at a resolution about the time of the wedding.  From what her daughter says, they will be here for the wedding.  So, we will see what happens.

3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title? 
 Catch Me I'm Falling by Real Life!  That's right!  A song from the 80's.  Of course!!! 


4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?' 

This question made me laugh!  Because, if I let myself think about it for too long, I will just cry and who needs that.  NO Crying allowed!  Honestly, there are SOOOO many things lately, but the one thing is my hair color.  If you saw me this past month you would think I was 92 years old with all the gray showing.  I am NOT kidding!  Seriously!  I look awful!  I need a dye job badly!!!  I just haven't had the time, energy, or the money to take care of it with Kevin and his health issues lately.  Not to mention all the other things I am dealing with around here.  Sheesh!  I am still trying to understand where January went.  It's almost OCTOBER all ready.  What?  What??


5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way? 

Oh, the answers are just popping into my head so fast!!!  The last "event"  I attended.  Well, several things could be considered an "Event".  I would say I attended my sons Weight Lifting EVENT a few months ago.  That was awesome.  As far as reading a book.  Oh, honey, reading is a luxury I simply do not have time for lately.  Besides, if I pick up a good book I will stop doing everything else to get to the end of that book, and I can't do that.  I have other things I need to get done, but there are several books I want to read, believe me!  As far as watching a movie goes, Kyle has this separate hard drive with about 1000 movies on it.  I love it!  I just plug that thing into my laptop and I am all set to go.  It's great!  I would like to go to the movies though.  But this works just fine for now.  The one tourist attraction that fell short for me I would have to say was visiting the small Danish town of Solvang, California as a youth.  I loved the idea of an entire town devoted to a culture, but after seeing about 5 shops the place got a little boring.  Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't LOVE the chance to go back for a visit now.  I would jump at the chance.  The candle shop alone would be fun to see again!  

6. Describe a time you said or thought, 'The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Oh, it happens often with our children.  I will see one of them do something that reminds me so much of something that I would do or say and I often make that comment in reference to what they did or say.  Sometimes it is almost scary when we see our children remind us so much of ourselves. ~big smile~ BIG! Smile!!! 


7. Was today better than yesterday? Why or why not? 
Oh, yes indeed!!  Kevin didn't fall today!  He stayed home all day alone and got through it without any help from anyone.  That is HUGE!  He spent most of his time in our family room on a couch, which is not ideal, but he got through it.  I was so worried he would fall.  Oh, in fact, I was scared to death he would fall and I would come home to him on the floor after hours.  Thankfully, Curtis will be home tomorrow and can keep an eye on him for me.  Our Bishop has a list of people willing to come running to help Kevin if he needs it while I am at work.  He just needs to program their phone numbers into his phone.  That way he can call them if something happens.  I love that!  What an awesome idea!  I cannot thank our Bishop enough for that suggestion!  He is awesome!  (Inspired too, wouldn't you say?)  :)


8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Did you happen to see on the Facebook news feed that FB will start charging $2.99 a month beginning Oct. 1st?  (Say it isn't so!) I just saw it and find it hard to believe since it is Sept. 24th and, to my knowledge, there has not been a formal announcement of such.  AND, I certainly hope it's just a bunch of hype because I LOVE FB but it goes against my grain to think of paying for it.  I remember a few years back that there was all the hype that there was going to be a charge for each email we sent and that never came to pass.  So, hopefully we can just keep right on enjoying FB and let the advertisers endure the cost. ~the way it should be~  Guess time will tell!

 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...