Sunday, September 14, 2014

Have a Great Week!

All I heard was a loud thud and I woke up to Kevin on the floor next to our bed.  He had tried to get up to get himself a drink and there was a shooting pain in his right leg, and down he went.  Luckily Kyle was home and could pick Kevin up and get him back to bed.  He had leg spasms for a while as he laid there trying to deal with the pain.  This falling thing is NOT good!  All of this happened the day I am all set to go to church.  I had clothes washed and ready to go for Lexi, Curtis, and I.  Kyle went to church with his girlfriend.  Since I had no idea when Kyle was leaving I decided to stay home with Kevin.  Lexi has a cold so she stayed home too.  I was bummed that I didn't get to go to church.  I need to go.  I want to go.  I guess what matters is the Lord knows where I wanted to be this morning, and that I needed to help my husband.    

Let's talk about something else now.  Curtis started his mission papers today.  YEAH!  He was so excited and we are just as excited for him!  Hopefully it won't take very long to get them finished and turned in.  He needs to get going.  He is ready.  It's just money and dental work now holding him back.  Not to mention the fact that all of our attention has been centered on Kevin's health.  

I just realized that within a few months it could be Kevin and I AND Lexi all alone soon.  Just the three of us. WOW!  That will be a big change for us!  I'm use to having at least one of the boys here to mow the lawn and stuff like that.  Looks like Lexi and I will be doing that once everyone else is gone.  We can do it.  I wish when all of this happens that I could be a stay at home mother....and afford it.  (Key words: afford it) I would love to be home taking care of the house and being home to spend time with Lexi before here high school years are over.  I never got the chance to be home with any of my children.  Not that I would have had it any other way, either. Let's face it, it's just a dream.  After all, no one can survive on air alone.  ha ha. 

One good thing that has come out of this issue with Kevin is that I lost 17 pounds!  Yeah!  Now if I can just keep that up for a few months I'll be better and might be able to get off of my blood pressure medicine.  THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!    :)

Since I was home today, I made enchiladas for dinner and I have been wanted to make this muffin recipe I found.  Pumpkin Spice Muffins.  You know the recipe you see on Pinterest that says only two ingredients.  A can of pumpkin and the spice cake mix.  Well, I added a few things.  I added oats to the batter and nuts.  Then I added a crumb topping to each muffin too.  They are done baking now.  I have to say, these are pretty good!  So, I shared them with a neighbor who brought dinner to us a couple of days after Kevin got home from the hospital.  Just a little thank you gift.  After all, I have more muffins then I know what to do with now.  I bought the big can of pumpkin and two spice cake mixes.  I added the oil, water, and eggs just the way the box indicates and then I added the entire can of pumpkin, and a few chopped nuts and about 2 cups of oats.  Then to make the crumb topping I melted a little butter in the microwave, added brown sugar and oats.  Makes me feel like fall is coming soon and I love that!  

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and hope you all have a great week!



 photo ae61ba47-7d78-4151-a87a-fbdf53851081_zps246d8efb.png
Pin It

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...